Dreams Feedback šŸ¤“

Weā€™re constantly improving Dreams and are always interested in hearing our playersā€™ thoughts about how to improve and build upon what we have. If youā€™d like to suggest how something could be better in Dreams, hereā€™s the place to do it. Make sure to check to see if anyone else is already discussing the topic.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PSVR Aim Controller Support

Hello, I am a PSVR owner as well as a Dreams early-access owner, and I am very much looking forward to seeing PSVR functionality added to dreamshaping and the dreamiverse.

I know that by default games do not support the PSVR Aim controller, even though the PSVR Aim controller has essentially all the buttons and functionality of the DualShock4 controller (with extra tracking similar to a Move controller) it is not possible to use as a controller in any PS4 game that I would like. It is also not supported by default as an alternative to a single Move controllerā€¦

241 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

34 comments  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. 3DRudder Foot Controller Support

The 3DRudder is used for player movement by mapping the controller to left stick analogue input.

The 3DRudder developers have indicated that support for this controller needs to be patched in by the game devs.

This would enable additional functionality for players and dreams that use the Move Controller functionality, as they are currently unable to use traditional Analogue Stick movement.

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to turn off the ā€œController not detectedā€ icon with dreams VR

When using the DS4 you need to be constantly pointing the controller at the camera. Every time I look around i keep getting the ā€œcontroller not detectedā€ icon, which is very distracting and off putting. Would it be possible to enable an option to turn off this icon?

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. More VR smooth locomotion options

Currently the default movement scheme has HMD look based movement, so you move in the direction you are looking. This is not the most popular setting, as many players like to look around freely while moving, keeping just L2 for movement direction. This way you can go for a stroll and take in the sights at the same time. A simple toggle off for HMD based movement should do the trick.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. VR move controllers revamp

With this fantastic VR update, we get to make our dreams come true in VR. Now here is my thoughts on move controller support:
    First you should totally get rid of forced remapping when you use moves instead of DS4 to move a puppet around. No one outside VR actually make their game based on move controllers for classic flat screen 3D games. It would free up VR creators and help us use any means necessary ( VR games like to use the left move button to actuate smooth motion and uses left move gyro to go backward forward strafeā€¦

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. precision color picking

Motion based control for color picking is not nearly precise enough , we need precise and fast color picking .Actual work efficiency is 3-4/10.
    This is also mostly valid for any motion control based tweaks.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Invert Camera X-axis option, please

Asking for a friend, Iā€™ve already retrained myself not to need this :)
    I know it may sound odd for some people but it used to be an option in some older games :p
    If youā€™re coming from a photographer background and thinking of the 3rd person camera like itā€™s on a tripod, inverting both axis makes sense to the brain

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Keyboard and mouse

Thank you for this miracle! Incredible sense of being a creator! I always wanted to create games, and now I can do it without delving into writing code and complicated editing of 3D models. The only thing that I donā€™t have in the game is keyboard and mouse control support. Please add a keyboard and mouse to the control settings.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Cinematic Camera motion control

There are some limits for moviemakers and animation makers on Filming and camera motion that I think could be easily lifted and give a whole new look to animations.
    One is that we are not able to handle the camera like a handheld camera and give it a cinematic feeling. Well one thing that came to my mind is being able to import camera motion data into dreams but that's just too much work and unnecceasry because there are motion sensors ... well, maybe we can't just use the sensors to move the camera in a really cinematic way butā€¦

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. Behavior of the right stick of the dual shock while creating in VR

Can we have the old way of movement with the right stick with the dual shock while creating in vr? I mean I want the right stick to have the same behavior in creating in vr that it has while creating in non vr. I want to rotate around something if I click on R1 and now it does nothing if I press R1+right stick up or down. It took time to learn how to move in this game and this knowledge is inside my brain and now creating in vr feel awkward. Please can you patch this? Or atā€¦

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. We should be able to utilize more of the touchpad than the button

Right now it just acts like 1 big button, why not include x/y coordinates in the button signal to allow for left or right side buttons on the touchpad. Also having an output for when the player is just touching the touchpad and not pressing the button.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. When you grab something in VR with the laser beam, it would be very interesting if you could at the same time apply rotators to it.

In VR I want to interact with object with my "hand". Say, for instance, you want to make a paver turn 180Ā° on itself before putting it back. Currently, it is impossible except for a contortionist. If you can apply a rotator to the object you are holding, a simple button allows you to place it in the orientation you want. This would be very useful in a considerable number of gameplay situations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Possibility to activate multiple cameras at the same time

Thanks to this we could make a two-player game with split screens or make a minimap more easily or even easier to design a UI and many other cinematic possibilities.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. (Non-problem) More settings for the controller sensor camera

The controller sensor camera is very convenient, and it has some effects that you canā€™t get with a normal camera. For example, it has a very nice smooth movement, and it detects the playerā€™s Y inversion and camera sensitivity in their preferences. However, it does not let you control camera transition type, focus distance, or imp size and distance. I really donā€™t want to make a custom camera rig for my game since the default one is so comfortable and convenient, but if I want to use different camera angles in between gameplay, I have to watch the transition whenā€¦

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mixed control schemes

I think it'd be really helpful if rather than only being able to select one control scheme for everything, we could choose separate control schemes for playing, dreamshaping, and maybe menu-browsing. Personally, I like to use motion controls for playing creations because some of them require use of the imp as well as the left stick, but when creating things, i like the extra precision of the analogue sticks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow scenes to freeze

Allow all logic, gameplay, moveable objects, sfx etc... to freeze with a gadget. Example: custom menu that the player can pop up at any time to tweak settings.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A Dreamy 3rd person camera idea!

Greetings Dreamers. I have been recently working with different camera rig setups and have been experimenting with different techniques and tricks in an attempt to give my in-game camera a feel similar to a modern Tomb Raider or Horizon Zero Dawn type of aiming system (Press L2 to aim, switch to and up-close over the shoulder view.) After weeks of trying, looking at tutorials, trying again, digging deeper, trying more tutorials, trying again and again, I am still at a loss for how to achieve the camera-feel I want my game to have.

During my experiments, I discovered that thereā€¦

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. Monitors, screens

I will love to see this feature beacuse i want to make a mobile simulator but i cant output the camera in the mobile screen. And with this feature you van place any (screens, monitors, etc) and than you can connect a camera to it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to use a mouse and keyboard on PS4

I have a lot of great ideas about what I would like to create in Dreams but unfortunately, I feel restricted because I don't have the motion wands, but, I DO have a mouse and keyboard. I would love to see that function available on this game! I realize others have posted the same things but that's how you get things to change right?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. In VR when using the Dualshock 4 the red camera icon keeps flashing

Can we disable this or tone it down somehow? Every time I'm playing a platformer in Dreams in VR the red camera icon appears saying that it can't see my controller unless I tilt it upwards. Like come on man, I don't need to be reminded of this constantly. It's red and it's right in your face all the time. The games I'm playing don't even need to see your DS4. My camera is set up perfectly for VR from above so it can track me but if I chill and just play with the dualshock 4 normally, I'm constantlyā€¦

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base