Dreams Feedback šŸ¤“

Weā€™re constantly improving Dreams and are always interested in hearing our playersā€™ thoughts about how to improve and build upon what we have. If youā€™d like to suggest how something could be better in Dreams, hereā€™s the place to do it. Make sure to check to see if anyone else is already discussing the topic.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Feedback reduced recording time

Hey,

you asked for feedback on the upcoming reduced audio recording time. We use the record function for:
    - VO. We have quite a lot of voice acting in our games. Cutting everything into 15 second pieces seems very unrealistic. Also some people record on extern audio devices and we import these long files into Dreams. This workflow will be impossible with the upcoming change.
    - Recordings of original music: we use our own original soundtracks for our games; sometimes they are completely made in Dreams, but sometimes they are recordings of someone playing guitar (for example) This will beā€¦

179 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

93 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Let us import sound effects!!!!

Hi,

I saw that you blocked us in the final release of Dreams the trick to record audio with a Pc.

Bring back the indreams way to do it because if not, we barely have sounds to make anything.

We don't even have animals or people sounds.

So please, fix this issue Mm.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Use Sony's Singstar technology to develop a vocal input for your music creation tools.

I thought it would be ground breaking if you used SingStar pitch and note length recognising technology as a vocal input to your music tools.

This would change my life and music creation forever.

Imagine humming or singing a composition and then dragging one of the MM instruments over the top of it to convert it to the sound of an instrument.

Or singing into the violin recorder and having it play back as violin.

It seems like it's very doable. They had a mobile microphone app for SingStar in the later days.

Pitch it to Sony! Please please makeā€¦

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Additive Synthesis so we can combine sine waves to create any instrument timbre.

You can essentially create any sound using sine waves stacked upon each other, via the technique of Additive Synthesis.

The oscillators are cool and granular is cool etc. but a new form of synthesis would give us even more power when designing sounds.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. A way to Turn Timelined Songs into a solid single sound item as to not use large amounts of gameplay thermo

Currently Its near impossible to create a playlist/soundtrack for your games because each track takes up from 5-10% game play thermo
    and you'd have nothing buy a playlist and no game with only 5 songs,
    (hell even 1 track for your level might use 10% thermo which is a no-go for many peoples current game)
    If we had a way to convert it to a single sound file (preserving audio quality) we could potentially add around 20 before the "sound" thermo would be used and almost no gameplay thermo.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. copyright checker for music

there should be a copyright checker instead of flatout banning the importation of music, like you know, to keep it simple, in the future.
    I heard that you can't put music from your pc in the game, because of too much copyright issues. The checking system, would make things simple for the creators, who want music from outside of the game.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Importing Audio

I remember I saw a video of Mm showed how easy it was to import audio. This was a feature I really looked forward to. When I got the full version of Dreams, and this was not included, I felt like my heart stopped. I was sooo disappointed. Media Molecule? You promised! Is it Sony who made the decision to disable audio import?

I have a lot of free to use SFX on my computer I really wanted to import into Dreams. And some music I have made.

In Unity and Unreal or all other game engines, you can useā€¦

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Timeline position needs an input in the menu

For the longest time I thought there was no way to control the timeline position because there is no input in the menu.
    I just learned today that you can plug it into the bottom of the play position and I donā€™t understand why thereā€™s a timeline output but no input in the menu.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Easy way to record vocals for music

Iā€™d love if there was a way I could record an audio track for vocals, and have that recording automatically synced up correctly as I monitor.

The Twitter account mentioned a 15 second cap on audio recordings as well, which would make that whole process even more difficult.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add "expand gadget to fill timeline" shortcut or button.

It's quite common that you want a keyframe or clip to fill the timeline.

When you have many especially this becomes a rather gruelling process of drag, wait forever, drop, grab-cam back to the start and repeat.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. Add some kind of waveform/spectrum visualiser/analyser tool, to help identify frequency spikes etc.

There is already the audio preview tool which renders a basic waveform as the song plays, so to some extent the code is already there.

It would be helpful to get even a simplified (so like the preview) visualisation of the entire song, but perhaps it could be something slightly more in depth like you'd see in a DAW.

I am not sure how useful a proper spectral analyser would be and if it would be worth the effort but even the ability to see the full simple waveform would probably be nice. Perhaps just with the addition of highlightingā€¦

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Render timeline to audio clip.

If you're not animating any parameters via logic then imagine how powerful it would be if we could just render a timeline to an audio clip.

Suddenly hundreds of clips and keyframes and fx fields become a single gadget containing nothing but the waveform.

This would open up the possibility of having massive OSTs for games without destroying thermo, giving game creators far more freedom.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Let's be able to re-tag our music/change the audio preview, whenever we want!

It would be amazing if one could re-tag their music, at any time. I accidentally tagged two of my tracks incorrectly, as "Audio-Visual - Music", instead of "Music - Track". Because of this, there's no audio preview/ability to just hit the play button to listen to my songs. It's annoying, frankly.
    Also, there should be a way to change the audio preview of a track. For my current song, the audio preview is an annoying sound that I decided not to use as I progressed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. Multiple Speaker gadgets

Really wish I could output a sound to multiple speaker gadgets at once. Currently only one speaker can play the sounds at a time.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. A ā€˜Chord Shape Stamp Toolā€™ would be greatly appreciated for those who use the Piano Roll.

A ā€˜Chord Shape Stamp Toolā€™ would be an awesome addition to the Piano Roll.

In some popular DAWS like FL-Studio, there is a simple tool (drop down menu in FL-Studio) that lets you choose from a selection of common chord shapes and stamp/paste them into the piano roll.

This can be of immense benefit to those who may be beginners who donā€™t quite yet understand what makes a ā€˜chordā€™ a ā€˜chordā€™ and not a horrible mess of notes. This is also super duper helpful for those who are more well versed in music theory since it speeds up the workflowā€¦

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Pitch Shifting and Dynamics in the Piano Roll

Hello,

As happy as I am with the music creation tools in Dreams, there's some key changes that would make them infinitely more powerful and nuanced.

As of now, pitch shifting and single-note dynamics (having one note be a different volume at the beginning or end of it) are only possible through doing these things in performance mode.

This is, however, imprecise and time-consuming, as if you mess up with a glissando/crescendo/etc., you have to go back and rerecord it. It's extremely up to the whims of the DS4 whether you pull it off or not.

I suggest that notesā€¦

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add Ability to Mix-Down Music Timeline Into Waveform Sample

This was mentioned to me by atheistsw on YouTube. A potential solution to the conundrum of being sandwiched between gameplay consumption and the 15-second sample limit would be the ability to take a longer piece of sounds or music composed within Dreams ,through performance or piano roll, and convert it into a waveform sample. This could then be played like any regular sound, and consume the resources of a sample, and not a composition. This would be suitable for any situation where there was no necessity for logic to interact with the piece.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Midi

Official MM app on PC/Mac/IOS/Android to support midi to OSC and allow midi recording with a connected USB or Bluetooth midi keyboard or on screen keyboards as well. Possibly allow custom screen layouts as well :-)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. Change RT (volume) to be "herbs" aka 2x spice buttons in performance mode.

RT should be "herbs" (a joke but feel free to steal the name). It would default to volume. But we would be able to assign it to any parameter just like with spice, via RT+X.

Herbs and spice make music nice.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Reduced recording time

15 seconds per recording is a joke. Penalize those breaking the terms and conditions and take this ridiculous cap off of the audio recording. I thought you guys use these tools too... how can you possibly get anything done? As a musician and songwriter I was really excited to use this for recording original songs, but this time limit completely handicaps the rest of the sound mode.
    Please, for the love of god, fix this.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base