Dreams Feedback šŸ¤“

Weā€™re constantly improving Dreams and are always interested in hearing our playersā€™ thoughts about how to improve and build upon what we have. If youā€™d like to suggest how something could be better in Dreams, hereā€™s the place to do it. Make sure to check to see if anyone else is already discussing the topic.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to freeze the camera in edit mode

Would be great if there was a tool to freeze the camera in place while editing so we can move objects into the distance without the camera following what we are moving.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. New mode for viewing other peoples creations in edit mode that arenā€™t remixable

I donā€™t put my full games up as remixable anymore, as someone can just republish the whole thing with a button. Iā€™ve mentioned before. But Iā€™d like to have another mode for things that you are ok for people to look at and learn how you did things. But not have it as remixable.

I have no problem with people looking about my level if it helps them. Iā€™d love to have a snoop about other levels and learn techniques from them. Have it all be interactive and view it in edit mode and play around with the logic. Butā€¦

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to hide or change the opacity for the grid, while using grid snap

While sculpting, it can be really hard to see anything, while using the smallest grid on the grid snap. Being able to hide or change the opacity of the grid would help a lot.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Please add keyboard and mouse Support

Can we have keyboard and mouse Support for the creation mode please.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Ruler visible when sculpting

Please make ruler gadget visible when sculpting, it is a vital part of sculpting measurement!!! Please!

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Thermometers should have decimal places

For those that want it, being able to see the exact thermo cost of an object would be a big help. As it is now, we only see 1% or 2% and nothing in between. When someone wants to know how much thermo is being used by an object, they have to clone it ten or a hundred times to see how much the number changes.

I suggest adding an option to see two or three decimal places. With this in place, I think everyone will become a little more conscious of what actions will help optimize their creations.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow sculpting more regular polygons (pentagons, hexagons etc.)

Rename the hexagon to Ngon or regular polygon and just add a number slider so that we can easily construct all kinds of additional shapes with a single parameter.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Transparency like invisible objects in preview mode

First of I know this question has been asked a lot and I know it is a really hard thing to do because of the cloud based rendering instead of poligons. Alpha on alpha calculations are very cpu intensive and with this many flecks an impossible situation.

However, when you make a sculpt invisible and set preview invisibility off, then the object actually looks completely transparant. I would love to use this effect even though it will have caveats like two transparant objects behind eachother will make the one in the back not visible. The only thing I would aksā€¦

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Snap to grid should not scale my object

This makes it increasingly frustrating to line up two curved shapes that I want at slightly different scales

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. object pivot points

Ability to move pivot points, for example when using rotators, or surface snap auto guides, in the same way that origin points can be moved for follower gadgets.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Low Physics - Better for spheres (Rolling Ball Template would benefit)

An odd consequence of how Dreams handles physics is that spheres/balls behave better physically if they are set to low 'Physics Cost' because instead of simulating a ball with lots of little balls it gets simulated with one big ball - the same as the sculpt's actual shape.

Ideally it would be great if the game's determination of how the physics balls are distributed would recognise situations where the shape is better estimated by fewer balls.

Regardless I'd heavily recommend that the rolling ball template has its physics cost set to low. It gets rid of all the jitter &ā€¦

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. Starting a new sculpt with the same parameters,colors,etc.. than another sculpt

Maybe, say : if you start a new sculpt while editing a sculpt , you could inherit all the parameters color ,looseness,...from the sculpt you are editing into the new one.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Edit Number of Physics Globes In a Movable Object Instead of Having Just 3 Options.

Background: As many of you may already know. You can change the physics cost of a movable object from 3 options, low, medium and high. These settings change the number of physics globes present inside a physical sculpture. These physics globes dictate the points of contact for a movable sculpture.

It would be great if we could be able to change the number of physical globes inside a movable object by entering a number instead of having only 3 options. It would give players a lot more flexibility for managing physics cost. The highest number of physics globes possible couldā€¦

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Clear Cutting

Is there a way to set the color wheel to "clear", for the cutting tool? Unless I am missing something, you have to pick a color when you are editing a sculpt. Most times, having a color isn't an issue, since you are normally cutting into the sculpt of the same color. There has been multiple times, though, when I have numerous colors/shapes in a sculpt, but when I go to cut, I either end up adding or removing one color.

Having a clear option that only cuts, would extend the possibilities greatly!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Pin objects to each other at runtime

It would be great if we could pin objects to each other at runtime. Think Darts or games like Knife Hit. At the moment we have to emit objects within the target objects group, destroy the emitted object and broadcast transform scopes. For archery type games, allowing objects to pin to targets like arrows - would be great. Construct 3 2D game engine has a pin behaviour.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. Object weight

Object weight should have an output

This would allow you to make calculations based on weight.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Full 2D Support for Create Mode/Sculpt Mode

Making 2D games in Dreams is more complicated and less user friendly than it should be. There should definitely be a dedicated mode for making 2D games... Currently, to make a game look 2D, you need to jump through many unnecessary hoops to make your game look truly 2D, and not 2.5D. You either have to use a bunch of text gadgets, or do some stuff with paint, and even then, the camera pivots in such a way that you can sometimes see that it's not actually 2D. Too complex either way.

For a game like Dreams which is meantā€¦

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Stretch tool

Stretch tool should work on all sculptures. Not just jointed ones.

Seems strange having to add joints to something to stretch it. Then delete the joints.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It'd be nice to have glass that looks like the tweak menus! :)

It would cool if we could use blank tweak menus to resize and put into our creations to use as glass and such. The tweak menus have a nice transparency that I think other creators may enjoy! :)

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Grid System

I would like to see the grid system made a little bit more friendly to people who like to make things to scale.

At the moment, it is unclear what unit of measurement is used in dreams, is it centimetres, is it inches? it's not clear to me. saying that at grid scale 1, each dot is 0.25m doesn't help if I want to make a cube that is 0.2m or 0.3m why is it like this? a metric grid system should be divisible by 10, not only 2. making this base 8 also doesn't work with inches because youā€¦

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base