Dreams Feedback šŸ¤“

Weā€™re constantly improving Dreams and are always interested in hearing our playersā€™ thoughts about how to improve and build upon what we have. If youā€™d like to suggest how something could be better in Dreams, hereā€™s the place to do it. Make sure to check to see if anyone else is already discussing the topic.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New mode for viewing other peoples creations in edit mode that arenā€™t remixable

I donā€™t put my full games up as remixable anymore, as someone can just republish the whole thing with a button. Iā€™ve mentioned before. But Iā€™d like to have another mode for things that you are ok for people to look at and learn how you did things. But not have it as remixable.

I have no problem with people looking about my level if it helps them. Iā€™d love to have a snoop about other levels and learn techniques from them. Have it all be interactive and view it in edit mode and play around with the logic. Butā€¦

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to freeze the camera in edit mode

Would be great if there was a tool to freeze the camera in place while editing so we can move objects into the distance without the camera following what we are moving.

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Please add a confirmation dialogue box before deleting something too large to 'Undo'

This is such a fundamental of editing in ANY software that I'm amazed it isn't on Dreams but PLEASE, before deleting something (i.e. a group) that will be too large to recover with the 'Undo' function, give a simple confirmation box to the user as sometimes you can accidentally delete a group rather than a nearby separate object when editing.

I just did this by deleting all of my levels landscape rather than a piece of rogue painted grass I was trying to delete and... poof, it's gone!

So infuriating, an hour of work down the drain as I hadā€¦

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to hide or change the opacity for the grid, while using grid snap

While sculpting, it can be really hard to see anything, while using the smallest grid on the grid snap. Being able to hide or change the opacity of the grid would help a lot.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Dedicated Selection tool

I spent most of my time in Leveldesign and there needs to be an advanced selection mode.

That mode could include a couple of Options:
    -Volume based (Draw a 3D Box and everything in that Box is automatically selected, or just using shapes in general to select stuff)

-Select all items of one kind (in Logic, select all the same gadgets inside a chip, or a specific area on a Microship)

-Select all copies of an Object (this is honestly a very important one if you sculpt objects in the actual level itself)

-add options to volume based selection (likeā€¦

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please add keyboard and mouse Support

Can we have keyboard and mouse Support for the creation mode please.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Please give us more control over ambient light.

There are way more factors than the sky to consider when lighting a scene. Having a black sky results in completely stark lighting with pitch black shadows, for example. Because many objects and light sources contribute to overall radiosity, the ambient light colour would be a bit more neutral/less saturated than if one object were in isolation in an endless sky. Without raytracing there's not much light information for the game to work with so being able to control ambient light colour without changing the sky's appearance would be really useful. (I do manually set up light bounces with spotlightsā€¦

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ruler visible when sculpting

Please make ruler gadget visible when sculpting, it is a vital part of sculpting measurement!!! Please!

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Thermometers should have decimal places

For those that want it, being able to see the exact thermo cost of an object would be a big help. As it is now, we only see 1% or 2% and nothing in between. When someone wants to know how much thermo is being used by an object, they have to clone it ten or a hundred times to see how much the number changes.

I suggest adding an option to see two or three decimal places. With this in place, I think everyone will become a little more conscious of what actions will help optimize their creations.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. Import Reference Images

I'm not very good at making my sculpts look good from scratch, so I often rely on many reference images to draw inspiration from. Since Dreams supports VR now (it's now my preferred method of sculpting) it is no longer possible for me to use my phone to look at reference images.

It would be incredibly useful if I could import images from the internet or from my phone directly into the scene as a flat plane that I could move/resize around. I also want to be able to import as many images as I want so I can surroundā€¦

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sculpt optimizer

When a sculpt is "done" It may still have a lot of shape data that's not actually contributing to the final sculpt.It would be great if there was an option to optimize this and remove that extra data even if it's a small amount of data. Additionally large sculpts may benefit from certain types of thermal optimization like splitting a mirror geometry into two separate mirrored shapes to move sculpt thermo to gameplay thermo.

It would be great if there was a menu option to do this automatically with more aggressive options to break large sculpts into smaller duplicate shapes,ā€¦

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. Snap to grid should not scale my object

This makes it increasingly frustrating to line up two curved shapes that I want at slightly different scales

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. CAD Functionality? Splines & Custom Surface Extrusion

Greetings,

So I have recently been playing around with different modelling techniques on PC, and noticed something interesting. If you look for accurate car models for Blender or similar 3d modelling software, there are not many, but if you instead look for accurate car models in CAD, it is basically only that - Looking deeper, I realized that many of the functions in dreams appear to be CAD based, I assume that this is why 3d printing is a future goal on the roadmap.

In any case, there are several CAD functions that would go a long way to improveā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. Convert Copies into Live Clones

I often find me just copy stuff around and later finding out that there an imperfection in the sculpt so I have to go in, fix that mistake and copy everything again in order to avoid to make a new sculpt by slighty altering the original.

I would love to have an option to turn all unaltered copies of an Object into liveclones in case you forgot to make them liveclones in the first place.

Also having an option to turn livecloning on by default would be much appreciated.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Save Your Selections For Future Reselect

I just finished a complicated animation with hundreds of tiny objects that I had to keep reselecting over and over again. It would be incredibly handy to save your selections. For example, you could select 145 objects and then later, after working on different aspects of your creation, load that selection up again, so that all 145 were reselected without having to do it manually all over again.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. Transparency like invisible objects in preview mode

First of I know this question has been asked a lot and I know it is a really hard thing to do because of the cloud based rendering instead of poligons. Alpha on alpha calculations are very cpu intensive and with this many flecks an impossible situation.

However, when you make a sculpt invisible and set preview invisibility off, then the object actually looks completely transparant. I would love to use this effect even though it will have caveats like two transparant objects behind eachother will make the one in the back not visible. The only thing I would aksā€¦

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. ALLOW US TO DISABLE LIKES AND COMMENTS ON OUR OWN SCENES AND DREAMS.

if i have a dream within a dream i wanna disable likes and comments on all scenes and dreams within the master dream making it so that if people wanna like and comment then they can only do it on my master dream otherwise ill have likes and comments all over the place in my game instead of 1 location.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option to show the scene boundary (like the floor)

If you for some reason need to use the whole scene space, it would be helpful to see where its limits are. This could work like the floor's visibility option.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. if you select some objects and "save as new object" that should then become a clone of said item.

For example If someone made an object inside a scene and wants to then save that object. Once you go to edit that new "object" dreams should be smart enough to also update that original object in the scene when you make changes to the "new" source object. Currently you would need to delete the object then RE-import it into the level, thus breaking any wires or invisible keyframe changes.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The Scale of Dreams

This is more general feedback on some things that could be polished imo, than one specific feature request. Of course none of these are game breaking and I've been working around them for nearly a year and a half, but they are some mild pain points that stick out for me, and I see them as one issue relating to the scale at which Dreams is "centered" for lack of a better word.

Dreams seems to be geared toward very large "things" (eg large building). Whenever working at scales closer in size to a human - which I'd argue isā€¦

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base