Dreams Feedback šŸ¤“

Weā€™re constantly improving Dreams and are always interested in hearing our playersā€™ thoughts about how to improve and build upon what we have. If youā€™d like to suggest how something could be better in Dreams, hereā€™s the place to do it. Make sure to check to see if anyone else is already discussing the topic.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dreams needs a ā€œdonateā€ button

Dreams needs a ā€œdonateā€ button so people can support creations & creators.

This would result in more fully developed concepts, & keep creators returning to the platform. It would also likely attract smaller developers to the platform.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Problems with "bad words" that are not bad words...

I was writing a text in a gadjet, the word was "certainties" but Dreams censored it as cer*****ies. I'm not even English... DId'nt know that bad word censored, but it is inside a different word, with different meaning... I hope this could be fixed

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. MM's Q&A TEAM please make TAPgiles officially part of your team!

With the few ideas I have posted on these forms, the ONLY one who ever comments on the them is TAPgiles, he responds with details on if it has been already done (or will be), and how to fix it! For example, I posted an idea on having big scuptures not be see through. He responded, "If you add a sky gadget, you can set the fog distance higher. This is the draw distance, and from how far away a very low-level fog starts coming in, and also where things will be completely transparent. So set this to the 10,000ā€¦

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ray-tracing

To start this off, I know that the PS4's hardware can't support real time ray-tracing, so this suggestion is based on the PS5's hardware.

Because the PS5 allows real time ray-tracing. When the PS5 launches, will you implement real time ray-tracing on the PS5 version of Dreams? (like reflections and refractions. Shadows are obviously possible and already implemented in Dreams)

Because it would otherwise be discouraging if for example I can't recreate the Cloud Gate (aka the Chicago bean) without reflections or add realistic water and/or glass without refractions.

Plus it'll add new possibilities to this game and the possibilitiesā€¦

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Can't you add easy mode?

It's too difficult for an unskilled user to try to create.
    Don't be afraid to criticize, this is a complacency tool for experienced game developers.
    Please refer to Minecraft, RPG Maker and Mario Maker.
    It is easy to make even inexperienced people by narrowing down the genre.
    It's great to be able to do a lot, but it's too complicated.
    Easy mode is required to break through.

We also need the cooperation of PlayStation users. Test play produces improvements. The ecosystem for that is also important.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Why is there no option to download other peopleā€™s creations and play them in offline mod?

I just got into Dreams and I am having a blast creating and playing creations! But thereā€™s something that conserves me; the game lacks an option to download other peopleā€™s creations locally to the PS4ā€™s hard drive. This makes it not possible to play the many creations I love in offline mode. My internet service has limits, including a limited data plan. Playing the games works fine without any lags, but my internet is shared with my family members who rely heavily on it, especially during these times. And I also rely on it for my classes. So I canā€™tā€¦

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Flecks Camera

A Camera that takes an In-game photo that is converted into a Flecks Picture that uses Flecks as pixels,

• This would apply the Camera's photos color information on to the Flecks surface.

• The Fleck Photo could be used as completed Textures, Sprite, and Pre-Rendered Backgrounds, etc.

• Changing the pictures Flecks size would effect the Flecks Picture resolution.

• Style mode, Effects mode. etc could be used to edit the Flecks Photo.

• The Flecks Photo could be made out of a Sculpt or Paint. Their unique properties could be applied and edited. ie Tint Amount, Color Saturation, Hue Cycle, Opacity, Finish, Shininessā€¦
    12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Auto camera scroll On Music Timelines

I think it would be nice to have an option on a Timeline to auto scroll the camera with the play head.
    Be really nice for people that stream music timelines. So it will follow along, instead of the person having to try and keep dragging along to keep it in view šŸ‘šŸ»

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. TV only?

I have no idea why you thought changing Non VR to TV only was a better option. If that is even what you have done. What does TV only mean? I am really confused. I dont even play my Playstation on a TV.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Opacity

I don't know why this isn't in dreams, but it's a no brainer. Why can only flecks have opacity? Why can't normal shapes have the option to opacity? This needs to be in dreams ASAP!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. billboarding

Hi! I think billboarding for painstrokes would be a great addition to Dreams. Billboarding = 2D planes always facing the camera from the same angle.
    That would allow for more stylized and custom made foliage, grass, plants, etc. Or even special effects like explosions and other stop motion effects that would be too difficult to do with 3D sculpts.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Check if score posted to scoreboard is new high score and return that info to scene

When the scoring gadget sends a score to the scoreboard, it would be great if it could bring back on a wire whether that was the new high score or not. That way you could trigger congratulations UI or a win screen, confetti FX etc.

Maybe drop a prize bubble with a trophy in it, though that won't be much use until own creations are allowed in the homespace.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Better Genealogy Management

Iā€™m having a lot of trouble managing my saves in dreams - itā€™s led to multiple creations being linked so that if I delete one they all must go. In some cases this doesnā€™t make sense where Iā€™ve deleted the linked assets but the genealogy is still there.

Itā€™s lead to me wanting to start everything from scratch everytime I make something new as the content otherwise becomes cluttered.

It would be great if there could be more guidance on how this works and how to manage it so that I know how to avoid having such cluttered local saves.

ā€¦

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Promotion of Media Molecule and Best Creators.

Promotion of Media Molecule and Best Creators.

I propose that Mm make a compilation of the best creations that have been finished by creators, and curate that into an experience as a demo for people who don't own dreams to experience what is possible in dreams by the community.

I suggest that every 6 months or so, Mm releases a compilation of several finished titles by community creators with additional bio info and maybe some behind the scenes creation stuff and plonk it onto the demo base version of dreams so that only those titles are playable and then makeā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Overwriting a saved creation with an old version needs a big loud warning!

In trying to troubleshoot some issues with my creation, I ended up going back to an old version - updating all elements in it - and then saving it. I was thinking this would maybe save over the old version slot?

Being that I did not back up a version of the CURRENT scene before doing this, this save ended up overwriting a weekend of work creating very difficult-to-replicate art assets. It really took all the wind out of my sails for create mode.

I think at the very least a very clear warning that you are about to overwriteā€¦

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please Add Community and Custom Created Items to Homespace!

I was really disappointed to find out I could make anything I could dream of! Except in my own home.

I would love to be able to turn my Homespace into my Dreamspace.

Not my copy paste random Mm stuff storage locker.

I would also love to be able to use other people's uploaded homespaces!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Setting assets VR status is unnecessary

Since the launch of VR I am being asked to set VR Compatibility on elements. There is no option to set them as Not applicable. I cannot see how a prop sculpt needs to be set at all as it is neither a Non-VR or a VR item, and can be used for both. I do not make VR compatible objects. I make objects. So I am choosing just to ignore that part. I dont think this needs to be there for elements. Scenes and Dreams, yes I understand but not for paintings, and chairs etc...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Better patch notes.

Look at VS Code, Unity or Minecraft for examples of how patch notes should be done.

"Bug fixes" is about as useful as "this field intentionally left blank" tbf.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Dreams VR Collabed projects issue

So one thing that ive encountered that I find beyond annoying, is the way the VR compatible mechanic is introduced in Dreams. Even when there are 6-7 people working together for a game, where 80% of them has VR, but the "original creator" does not, it completely prevents us to be able to introduce a VR mode to the game. There has to be a better way for this.

Is it not possible to create a system that checks for the people involved wether it has been play-tested in VR, to still allow us to add that feature? And notā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adding multiplayer to DREAMS

WE NEED SPLITSCREEN. WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO HAVE A PARTY OF FOUR+ AND PLAY DREAMS TOGETHER LIKE LBP3. MOST IMPORTANTLY BE ABLE TO WORK TOGETHER ON CREATIONS SEE YOUR FRIENDS IMPS MAKE STUFF IN A SCENE STEP BY STEP, CORRECT THEM, ETC!

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE MAKE THIS!!!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base