Dreams Feedback šŸ¤“

Weā€™re constantly improving Dreams and are always interested in hearing our playersā€™ thoughts about how to improve and build upon what we have. If youā€™d like to suggest how something could be better in Dreams, hereā€™s the place to do it. Make sure to check to see if anyone else is already discussing the topic.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. For debugging, give most Gadgets a Tweak setting to make them dump their values to a debug "file" at every frame/logic tick

For debugging, please give most Gadgets a Tweak setting to make them dump selected input's & output's values to a debug "file" at every frame/logic tick.

Then give us a simple "file viewer" so we can see what happened during our last session. Maybe let us view it via indreams.me too, so we can ponder it when we're away from Dreams.

Include the Gadget's name along with its values (really useful for renamed Gadgets).

Make sure the Text Displayer is one of the Gadgets that can do this, in case we want to stamp text into our debug log.

Maybeā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. For readability, give us a Preference to adjust the transparency/opacity of Microchip windows

It can be really distracting to work on complex logic, while having to see ghostly colors behind the Microchip's window.

For readability, give us a Preference to adjust the transparency/opacity of Microchip windows

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. general aids for beginners and improved game performance

can you add more lessons and tutorials on logic in the game please? I find that it is quite poor in this domain ^^ I am a beginner and I really have trouble mastering and understanding the tools of the game,

add tutorials on the most common in video games? like an inventory, a menu ...

Also, is there a way to increase the graphic potential of a scene? I am very quickly short according to the sculptures that I do myself or that I take in the dremiverse.
    for the improvement of the quantity of object to be incorporatedā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tutorials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Able to enter dimensions when sculpting

Although you can use the ruler scoped into a sculpture or the grid it would be great to be able to enter dimensions directly.

Personally, I find it very difficult to sculpt objects by eye, as an engineer rather than an artist I would way prefer to be able to enter measurements to create or resize sculpts.

Even better would be functionality to connect two points of a sculpt and enter a dimension to resize the element to. Say for a guitar body being able to connect to the two middle sides with a line and enter a value ofā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Physics Tools Mode

It would be great to have a tool/mode to recursively adjust physics properties for children [separate tool for types paint/sculpture] of an element group. Similar to how the Coat and Style mode function.

Example:
    A rigged elementā€™s constituents are colliding with each other: to correct, the user must go into each subgroup to select and disable collision. In this scenario, setting all child elements at once to no collision and then manually enabling collision for desired objects would be ideal.

Thanks for your consideration!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Music is a pain

Hi Guys,
    I had few issues with Dreams though still love the experience overall.
    There is one thing especially that I still find a real pain currently though,
    music creation in Dreams is a nightmare (I am a musician and not able to use the features despite several tutorials and being able to do animations, complex logic etc.; music is my thing, I am composing and producing with real instruments, a pedal rig and a MPC X and I am not able to do any music with Dreams...) and I am not able to import audio (I have the rightā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Monitors, screens

I will love to see this feature beacuse i want to make a mobile simulator but i cant output the camera in the mobile screen. And with this feature you van place any (screens, monitors, etc) and than you can connect a camera to it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. In sculpt mode, extend smear when sculpt space transform of brush changes instead of when scene space transform of brush changes

At present, the rule for extending a smear in sculpt mode is to add the next step when the scene space transform of the brush changes.

That rule didn't anticipate lathe sculpting techniques, in which the scene space transform of the sculpt and the sculpt space transform of the brush, but not necessarily the scene space transform of the brush are changing, because time is running while in sculpt mode, and the sculpt is being moved by animation, movers, or connectors.

The only way to ensure that the scene space transform of the brush is always changing is toā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Art Modes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Clay sculptures & Clay Animations new Dreams modes

Hello, I would like to be able to create clay sculptures, environments and clay puppets in the future. I just recently because fascinated with Clay Animation, I never knew there were so many cool ways you could animate and sculpt with clay. I look forward to someday creating short films with clay in real life and or Dreams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Art Modes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. depth of field

The ability to flag the paint strokes out of depth of field

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Art Modes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. a repetition mirror (similar to kaleidoscope only in a line)

I think it would be great to have a repetition mirror eg you create 1 and the mirror repeats the same at defined intervals (1grid 2grid 3grid etc)
    like the kaleidoscope only in a line instead of rounded.

would be grate for making loads of stuff

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. Tap and hold button option on the splitter

Sometimes you want a button to do different things depending on whether you tap it or hold it. A convenient way to do this would be to have when you run a button form the controller gadgets output to the splitters input the Splitter had a hold output and tap output option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. MP, Stamina, Etc manager and modifier

The health Manager is great, but by adding a way to give it and the health modifier gadgets corresponding labels you could turn it into a way to manage additional stats and add Mana, Stamina, Special, ETC meters for whatever your game needs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. Add ā€˜Writerā€™ to the list of Passions

Writers are increasingly acknowledged for their important role in great game design, and there are a lot of talented ones in the Dreamiverse. Currently all writing is being booked under ā€˜Designā€™. But being a writer is as much a passion and a job as being a musician, or a painter. I think a lot of Dreamers would love to have a Writing skill/level/credit on their profile and in their Dreams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. Will the halloween imps stay?

I am wondering if they will stay. Email me at wyldechild10@gmail.com if you want to tell me if they are.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mm Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. Mm, why did you un-acknowledge my bug?

I posted this bug a few weeks ago.

https://feedback.indreams.me/forums/917431-dreams-bugs/suggestions/41479720-paint-mode-bugs-blinking-and-surface-snap-not-wor

Mm acknowledge it and asked me to replicate it again and sent a video of it, which I did. Then all of the sudden, you guys just "un-acknowledged" it. Why?

If you don't care about fixing it you might just delete my entire post and pretend no one is experiencing it. Or, is it because it was reported in March and you guys just haven't cared enough to fix it? I really am just curious about this. If you don't want people to come across this you would have to deleteā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  1 comment  ·  Community Jam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. An option to choose whether the sculpt mode clone tool uses the original shape's replication settings or those of the current guides.

At present, the sculpt mode clone tool always uses the mirror and kaleidoscope settings of the original shape - if you clone a shape that was "mirror + kaleidoscope * 5", the clone that you get will be "mirror + kaleidoscope * 5" regardless of the current settings for the mirror and kaleidoscope guides.

But sometimes you want identical shapes with different mirror and kaleidoscope settings, and if the shape required a lot of "edit shape" work to get right, you have to repeat all of that edit shape work for every combination of replication settings that you want toā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Art Modes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. On timelines, waveforms don't align on sound clips if there is a start time offset in the sound gadget

It's a bit of a pitfall if you're trying to align your waves with animation if the wave doesn't represent what's playing back. Can be worked around, of course, but I think the wave shown in the timeline should account for start time offset.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. Disable tutorial text from appearing while recording audio!

When I record I can't always hold the controller and if I forget to close the UI it always somehow triggers tutorial text, pausing and ruining my recording.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. Cinema mode

May I suggest an option to play in 3D on load as when wearing the headset I use mine as a second screen not just for 3D.

At present I am forced to sit in front of camera not where I want.

Would really like to just play dreams in cinema mode from the get go.

Anyone else agree this should be an option?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 55 56
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base