Dreams Feedback šŸ¤“

Weā€™re constantly improving Dreams and are always interested in hearing our playersā€™ thoughts about how to improve and build upon what we have. If youā€™d like to suggest how something could be better in Dreams, hereā€™s the place to do it. Make sure to check to see if anyone else is already discussing the topic.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Imp size

Is there any way to make the imp size and text around the imp a lot smaller?
    Its really frustrating trying to sculpt and not being able to see behind the imp.
    I'd much prefer it to just be the white circle on the imp rather than have the full imp covering up the screen.
    Edit: I found an option to turn off the button prompts around the imp, but I'd still rather a smaller imp size or an option to only show the white circle if possible

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Add My Preferences menu whilst viewing a Community Jam entry

When I'm playing Community Jam entries, there are a lot of entries that have varying levels of audio.

I want to be able to change the volume settings as well as controller sensitivity on the fly when I'm viewing some of these entries, but to go back to the entry selection page and open up preferences is a hassle, especially because some dreams in these entries are much longer and don't include checkpoints or saving etc etc. This doesn't seem to be a problem when I'm playing online levels or Arts dream oh, so I'm trying to understand why thisā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community Jam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. When sculpting, a smaller grid should make shapes appear closer to the camera

Just a small thing that could make sculpting easier. When you use a very small grid and choose a shape from the menu, you probably don't want the shape to appear a kilometre away, because chances are you're making a small sculpture that is close to the camera. This has happened to me quite a few times, and that is why I think the grid size should dictate the distance from camera. (Unless there are rules for this already and I just don't know how to use the grid.)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Art Modes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. MORE AND BETTER MUSIC TUTORIALS

The tutorials given in this game for Music Creation hardly scratch the surface of in depth production. Many of the tools available in the edit menu of instruments are not explained AT ALL, and leave the creators to learn for themselves. PLEASE add more tutorials for music; explain all of the shortcuts, explain granular randomization, explain granular synthesis, explain the sidechaining feature, explain how to loop a selection as opposed to constantly repeating it manually,

PLEASE DO YOUR PART IN EDUCATING YOUR COMMUNITY. It is honestly an outrage that many of these details are left out, seeing as Dreams holdsā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. French small typo change

In French on the profile activity of the ps4, it says "Espace daccueil" and it should be "Espace d'accueil"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Drag timeline row to reorder

When trying to re-organise a music track, it would be very useful to be able to grab an entire row and drag it to wherever I like within that timeline, even in between other rows.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Insert timeline row button

When I want to add a row into a timeline that's between 2 different rows it can take a while to select just the gadgets I need to move and then move them. A "insert row" between two rows would be awesome!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. replace remix with copy when remixing our own scene and for it to not be labelled as a remix unless its a remix of another creators work.

i understand why a scene gets labelled as a remix from another when it is but if the creator owns both scenes then we should be allowed to make a remix not count as a remix anymore unless i remixed a scene that another creator made then i cant break that remix from chain.

when remixing its just a full on copy therefore it doesnt need the remix from label for any form of data management so as a creator that owns both the scene and its remix i should be allowed to make it not count as a remixā€¦

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Envelope Output for Timelines

With the new 15 second restriction, using the Envelope from sound clips has become 100x more frustrating.
    Recording voices has now come down to recording one line at a time as to not risk getting cut off from the 15 second limit.
    This results in sound clips in a cutscene adding up to 10s if not 100s for a full length film.
    Having to wire EVERY SINGLE ONE into a node for a Jaw Flap system is extremely tedious, not to mention its more Thermo Expensive as every wire adds up to an invisible limit.
    This also inflates the sizeā€¦

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. Readable output for gameplay thermo usage

Considering that it is possible to emit dynamic number ob object ito the scene, that will actually change gameplay thermo (and at a limit it will stop emiting - adn that could be gamebreaking), I believe it may be usefull if some gadgets (can be osme exisitng like Global settings) would actually output the value representing the current gameplay thermo value. So the dream logic could handle it and maybe prioritize emiting and destroying objects based on this. (for example destroy and sto emiting some backgroud features to make sure that bullets are still emited and gameplay works)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. "Fold" Piano Roll

In Ableton and various other DAWs there is a "fold" button that removes all keys that do not currently have notes on them. This is very helpful once an idea is laid down and you want to make adjustments but don't want to have to scroll up and down the octaves to make all the piano roll moves.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. Musical Note Limit

I just ran into a warning while laying down notes in the piano roll. It stated that notes would stop drawing because there were too many musical notes. I was very surprised to see such a conservative limitation considering what Dreams has shown itself to be capable of. A substantial increase in this limit would be very appreciated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Creation

Making a puppet and even making a level or world is too complex for beginners like myself. I wish there was easier way to make a game and publish it. I live playing the already made games but the creation mode threw me off. I really wanna love playing this game again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. increase local save size (remove 1GB limit)

Please increase the local (PS4) maximum storage.

Why is there a 1GB limit for local save files ?

Here's the thing. I have a 2TB HDD in my PS4 but dreams limits the maximum storage amount I can use for my dreams and creations to 1GB. Why can't I just used what I want ?

Please increase the local storage to 10gb (or more) or make it unlimited (use whatever available space on your HDD you have).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow emitting negative sculpts which can cut into another sculpt.

I was going to use an emitter to emit valleys and river beds and such which cut into my planet sculpt but this is not possible.

I think it would be a good feature.

I am trying to generate planets procedurally, if you're wondering about the use case.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Color variations

We can have variations on each color's "swatch" and we can use mixer, which is nice, kinda... not always...

I really, really miss some simple sliders to adjust variation for Hue, Saturation and Value on any random color I pick on the colour picker...

Something as the attached maybe?... placement is tricky, since they are sliders, and those are on top... but definately near the colour picker would be nice...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. L1 + Square edit menu needs to be closed with Square

It would feel more natural to close it with Square instead of Circle...
    I ALWAYS try to close it with Square first...

So, my brain reasons this way:
    Square=Main menu...
    Square=Close Main menu if open
    L1+Square=Open special menu
    Square=Clor....EERRRR no!, you have to use circle now... why? ok... circle then...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. Delete "my creations" with triangle

Deleting creations is kind of cumbersome, it would be nice to have a quicker way to delete them.
    Since we are used to delete stuff with triangle, how about using it on top of a creation icon to prompt a delete option?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. Wireless Transmitter/Receiver + Exclusive Gate Delay

The transmitter/receiver have a frame delay between them, so if the transmitted value is always changing, it will never be the same as the receiver output.

It would be great to be able to send info like laser scope orientation, or other fat wires, to many places without all the wires. You can setup 3 variables for the ABC of the wire and then combine them elsewhere, but it can be pretty messy.

Ex gate input to output/active is also delayed. If using them for big logic management, like for different character abilities, everything is now delayed which feels unresponsive.

ā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. Remove the distinction between elements and scenes.

If there's any technical reason for the distinction between elements and scenes, it's lost on me and seems to only cause headaches. You can put elements in elements and elements in scenes but you can't put scenes into elements even though in edit mode, they are otherwise indistinguishable. ...and you can't put elements into a dream. This means something can be accidentally created as an element that was intended as a scene. Then it needs to be imported into a scene because only scenes can go into Dreams even though doors can be replaced in both.

I've also been tryingā€¦

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 38 39
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base