Dreams Feedback šŸ¤“

Weā€™re constantly improving Dreams and are always interested in hearing our playersā€™ thoughts about how to improve and build upon what we have. If youā€™d like to suggest how something could be better in Dreams, hereā€™s the place to do it. Make sure to check to see if anyone else is already discussing the topic.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Invert Camera X-axis option, please

Asking for a friend, Iā€™ve already retrained myself not to need this :)
    I know it may sound odd for some people but it used to be an option in some older games :p
    If youā€™re coming from a photographer background and thinking of the 3rd person camera like itā€™s on a tripod, inverting both axis makes sense to the brain

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Cinematic Camera motion control

There are some limits for moviemakers and animation makers on Filming and camera motion that I think could be easily lifted and give a whole new look to animations.
    One is that we are not able to handle the camera like a handheld camera and give it a cinematic feeling. Well one thing that came to my mind is being able to import camera motion data into dreams but that's just too much work and unnecceasry because there are motion sensors ... well, maybe we can't just use the sensors to move the camera in a really cinematic way butā€¦

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. We should be able to utilize more of the touchpad than the button

Right now it just acts like 1 big button, why not include x/y coordinates in the button signal to allow for left or right side buttons on the touchpad. Also having an output for when the player is just touching the touchpad and not pressing the button.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix the motion controls

I can't get the move controls to function like actual hands. if I rotate right, the screen rotates left, if I move up it goes down, and messing with the inversion setting for the Y axis just makes utterly unusable. Is there some way to make this actually feel like I'm moving and object normally, or am I just stuck with these garbage controls and a game I can't even utilize properly?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Positional tracking with PlayStation camera

Love the engine so far. One thing I'd like to see is for the pscam to be able to track the light bar on the controller like in Astrobot. Positional tracking with the controller would really help out with fine tuning plus alleviate issues with drift just using the motion controls.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Change & Customize Controls

Many people have requested "please change this/that control".

A potential solution for all of these would be to make controls customizable.

This is something I would also not only like, but feel is necessary.

Example: Super Smash Brothers series now has an option screen where you can customize controls.

These are the changes I would personally make, right away, for myself:

• Left joystick movement is locked to the plane, so I can't accidentally "tumble down/up" when I'm moving/looking around, we already have L1+LeftJoyStick to move up & down.

• Ability to point Imp on screen with L1+RightJoyStick rather than motion control.ā€¦

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Keyboard and mouse

Thank you for this miracle! Incredible sense of being a creator! I always wanted to create games, and now I can do it without delving into writing code and complicated editing of 3D models. The only thing that I donā€™t have in the game is keyboard and mouse control support. Please add a keyboard and mouse to the control settings.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I do not like what you have done to photo mode

I dont know why you changed it but not being able to zoom in to take photos for the thumbnail from the customize section makes thumbnail making a complete chore now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. I LOVE the new camera bookmarks, would really really want for it to be possible to place a camera in the exact same spot with the exact same

I LOVE the new camera bookmarks, would really really want for it to be possible to place a camera in the exact same spot with the exact same view as the camera bookmarks tho.

Like maybe you scope in to a camera, then press the bookmark camera in the corner and it moves that camera there with that exact view. Would help a lot with cutscenes when you by accident find that perfect frame and find it hard to recreate when moving a camera there

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please add an orthographic view and photos/pictures in Edit mode

As i ask Mm in the last stream...
    would it be possible to have an orthographic view option in Edit mode,
    like in Blender or other 3D software,
    to see an 3d object in 2D from every angle.
    Also it would be helpfull to make it possible to add photos/pictures in the background with an transparent mode.
    Even if you canĀ“t upload them at the end in the dreamieverse
    ( because reasons ;) )

So after all you would end up have a better refference when creating presized models. :)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A tweak to control the "Camera inside solid object" grey vignette effect

Imagine a situation where I'm trying to make a vehicle with a translucent windscreen and I want both an external and an internal camera view.

Dreams' engine is quite unusual - it renders everything with flecks and it doesn't do translucency. But I can sort of fake it with a lot of looseness - it looks OK from a distance and it'll do for the external camera view.

However, it doesn't look good for the internal camera view - from that viewpoint, oversize flecks obstruct attempts to get a clear view through the windscreen.

But does Dreams' engine offer anyā€¦

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Remap the "Recenter Imp" button

While sculpting using DS4 the workflow means you usually re-center often, but holding options is an awkward place (still possible but slow).

Feel like if this could be remapped to say L3 or R3 instead there would still be access to all of the other main movement and control features at the same time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Look inversion options in profile, with gadgets able to read that setting in games

Whichever way you look at it, most games that use camera rotation are currently less fun for one or other of the inverted look groups. Even for games that have implemented an option to switch the look inversion, the controls to do so are different across games and will usually reset on replays of the same game.

My proposed solution would be to have the look inversion option to be in the profile or settings of Dreams itself (possibly it already is) but also to have all controllable cameras include a toggle to respect that setting which would flip theā€¦

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Move controller shortcut etc. reference, where?

Sorry to be negative but it can't be this hard to produce official Dreams page that contains Move controller control schema/reference that contains all commands & functionality of Move controllers?
    And top of that, please add missing commands & functionality to on-screen controller view.. at least make it optional.

No, reddit, google search, Youtube tutorials are not enough.

Thanks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Psvr

hello everyone,
    do you know when the update for the use of psvr will be released?

I can't wait to work in a virtual environment to develop my dreams;)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. PSVR Aim Controller Support

Hello, I am a PSVR owner as well as a Dreams early-access owner, and I am very much looking forward to seeing PSVR functionality added to dreamshaping and the dreamiverse.

I know that by default games do not support the PSVR Aim controller, even though the PSVR Aim controller has essentially all the buttons and functionality of the DualShock4 controller (with extra tracking similar to a Move controller) it is not possible to use as a controller in any PS4 game that I would like. It is also not supported by default as an alternative to a single Move controllerā€¦

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. Monitor View

Would love a feature that allows you to place a camera and then see what it sees in a separate window in a corner somewhere. This way you can freely move around the scene and arrange things perfectly for the camera without having to keep jumping back into the camera and making tons of tiny adjustments to get it perfect.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. Orthographic (2D) Camera Projection

Hello Mm ā¤ļø!
    Iā€™d like to suggest the option to be able to have a 2D camera projection option for Cameras. I think this could be really useful because it could be an extremely easy way to have 2D games actually look flat instead of 2.5D. It could even be used by people making sculpts as theyā€™ll be able to see an exact 2D projection of each side of their sculpt which can be very useful for finer details. Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Move controllers: Rotate command

An equivalent of the L2 Rotate command on the DS4 but for move controllers. This could also take the form of a Rotate tool, available next to the Move tool.
    It would allow you to:

1) Rotate objects in the scene independently of translation. Would be great for animation

2) Rotate sculpting shapes in hand without using the 'change grip' method. Effectively a way to quickly 'spin' the shape without having to leave it spinning.

3) Rotate stamps in hand without having to place them first (this last one is more of a bonus)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option to make the imp always move 1:1 with the camera

In sculpt move it is sometimes hard to perceive at what depth the imp is, I believe that the reason for that is the small movement square in which its movement don't change the camera position.
    That feature isn't in assembly mode, and I would like to have the ability to turn it off in sculpt mode as well.
    I believe that making the imp and camera movement 1:1, would fix that issue.
    Further camera adjustments can be made with r1 if needed, so I don't think that the camera doing its own thing is needed at all.

Here isā€¦

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base