Dreams Feedback šŸ¤“

Weā€™re constantly improving Dreams and are always interested in hearing our playersā€™ thoughts about how to improve and build upon what we have. If youā€™d like to suggest how something could be better in Dreams, hereā€™s the place to do it. Make sure to check to see if anyone else is already discussing the topic.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Negative speed on timelines

It should be possible to set a negative speed on timelines so that we can run animations in reverse easily.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Copy animations from one character to another

I would love to make some basic animations for others to use. But to use those animations on a different character is kind of a hassle as it is right now.
    People need to copy their puppet parts onto my basic puppet and tweak it till it fits. It would be great if they could just copy the Animation Logic form my puppet and paste it on their own puppet and the game will understand what animation need to go where, assuming both puppets use the same basic skeletal system (hips, upper torso, 2 arms, 2 legs, 1 head, etc)

ā€¦

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Live-cloned keyframes and audio clips.

Imagine being able to edit a single keyframe and all of its clones updating automatically across the timeline(s).

Imagine being able to edit notes in one clip and have the clones update too without having to mess around dragging things onto each other.

Hovering over any live clone would in some way also highlight its buddies.

Normal "at-time-of-cloning" clones would still be possible.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Edit shape while animating

Hey,

When editing a keyframe, i would like to manipulate the shape of an object further, like, stretch it, for example.
    The only thing possible right now, if i'm not mistaken, is to move it, and to scale it.
    It seems to me that this is a big limitation for creating amazing stuff.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow tagging cameras.

The camera details page doesn't let you set a tag, grouping tags with cameras doesn't work either.

I believe the workaround is to attach the camera to a sculpt but this introduces a large issue.

Now you're animating the movement of the cube and not the camera itself. This means you can't just scope into the camera when keyframing and it becomes really tedious to work with.

Cameras should probably have an option to set a tag in their details page. Or cameras grouped with tags should work as expected.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Disable and modify certain "properties" in keyframe. For example only use X position and ignore Y and Z

It would be great if we could gain more control of keyframing. Currently the keyframe is a massive "blackbox". At the minute everything is a one config rules them all. For example if I keyframe a position then I can only change the keyframe details for [X,Y,Z] combined! If I try and create separate keyframes for X,Y and Z then it doesn't work as Dreams blends/averages the keyframes.

For example:
    https://help.apple.com/assets/5B906E810946223A0CC59123/5B906F4F094622EB22C59484/en_US/ec4c3a4b49c8c722016bbc048b59aa3f.png

Obviously this is far more complex then my suggestion. It would be awesome if Dreams someday got to this level of control, but for the short term it wouldā€¦

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Record the movement of moveable objects with an action recorder

It would be really powerful to be able to attach an action recorder to a moveable object (or multiple objects) and record their movement that occurs due to the physics applied to them and not just when you grab then with the imp.
    This would allow the recording of more natural physics movements of objects without having to make an object movable.

E.g. I could have 100 cubes fall and collide naturally as if all were moveable objects but it in fact they all were playing back an animation.
    Making them behave the same way every time and not fillingā€¦

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. In timeline, insert a Key frame between two keyframes with in-betweens

I really want to insert a new keyframe that gets the information from the in-between so I can modify it at will, currently if I insert a new keyframe between two others it doesn't get the information from neither. So I have to manually adjust the new pose. It would be great if I put a new keyframe between 2 others and automatically gets the in-between information. Thank you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Skinning for characters

It would be nice some way to add diferent reaction to conectors (bones) depending on distance from them, like skining in other softwares, to make more realistic animations.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Action Recorder manual mode

(Allows you to set nodes in the animation path to make adjustments to an animation at those points/nodes with more control/precision. Allows you to assign key frames to nodes)

I think this would be an extremely handy tool for making ultra smooth animations.

Manually move the object with your action recorder and then go back in and smooth out any jumps in motion, set a constant speed, add key frames , tweak path line, etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hold L1 and press right on d-pad to advance next frame for sculpts...

The same way you can do with paint strokes but with sculpts! It would make stop motion animation a lot easier to do :) Also with onion skinning added in if possible!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Animating characters through Move/PSVR/Camera motion capture

I'd love to see animation made even easier through various methods if technically possible beyond the existing action recorder

1) Dual move support (or more?)! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can only use action recorder while holding one object on one Move controller only, not both arms simultaneously. I'd love to record movement of both my hands at the same time to, say, map both of them into a puppet to animate their arms. Maybe allow more controller support to do a full on puppeteering method, Jim Henson style (two people operating both hands via move plus theā€¦

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Animation bug with joint

Horse on a deleted basic puppet. Procedural animations off. Moving and colliding off.you see in the video the animation works. When i move the leg manually it works. but after i recorded the moving it bugs out. https://youtu.be/FI7traUwfFc

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A real animation grapheditor would be very nice

As the title says a graph editor like in other animation sofware would be awesome

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Animation request.

I want us to be able to separate out translation and rotations on the puppet especially on the hip. It would be so useful to be able to have each translation/rotation axis on thier own track, just as we animate in other programs like Maya, XYZ for all the axis.

Or at least to have translation and rotation separated so you have XYZ translations on one track and XYZ rotations on another.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Animation IK data to rotational (FK?) data feature/converter

All tutorials of animation points that do not use IK to pose the puppets as animation blending does not work with positional data well and puppet animation that if used with another animation should use only rotational animation..
    So, as any puppet limb movements data can be also done with rotational data only (which is pretty hard to do manually with controller) would it be possible to add feature that would do this automatically so making blending animations could be easier to do??

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Cancel Timeline Input

I had a suggestion I thought up in the ā€œHow do I...ā€ thread and was told I should post it here for the devs to see.

I think the timeline gadget should have a ā€œcancel timelineā€ input that is only usable when the mode is set to ā€œplay onceā€. In its current state powering a ā€œplay onceā€ timeline will play the entire timeline even if the power goes off. This is intended, but as it is, there is no way to cancel this type of timeline.

For me, the problem was hit animations for enemies. I was making a comboā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Animate shape changes

Iā€™m trying to create semi-realistic animated ocean waves for a surfing game. Allowing me to record a basic changing wave shape that interacted with the ocean below via the blend setting would make this dream possible!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Motion capture

i don't know there is way for motion capture in dreams it would be cool if you could do motion capture in dreams and could it be in dreams and how could it be done

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Motion capture

i don't know there is way for motion capture in dreams it would be cool if you could do motion capture in dreams and could it be in dreams and how could it be done

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base