Dreams Feedback šŸ¤“

Weā€™re constantly improving Dreams and are always interested in hearing our playersā€™ thoughts about how to improve and build upon what we have. If youā€™d like to suggest how something could be better in Dreams, hereā€™s the place to do it. Make sure to check to see if anyone else is already discussing the topic.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Negative speed on timelines

It should be possible to set a negative speed on timelines so that we can run animations in reverse easily.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Copy animations from one character to another

I would love to make some basic animations for others to use. But to use those animations on a different character is kind of a hassle as it is right now.
    People need to copy their puppet parts onto my basic puppet and tweak it till it fits. It would be great if they could just copy the Animation Logic form my puppet and paste it on their own puppet and the game will understand what animation need to go where, assuming both puppets use the same basic skeletal system (hips, upper torso, 2 arms, 2 legs, 1 head, etc)

ā€¦

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Animation timeline with labels

Hi, Iā€™ve been doing some animation lately. I think it would be super cool if we could have a timeline for animation, that allowed use to have labels, colour coded horizontal rows, that we can expand and collapse as needed.

Say I have 3 characters Iā€™m animating on screen. I could set up three groups on the timeline and expand one out halfway through, if I need the extra room for a new row of keyframes.
    On the edge of the timeline could be an editable tag, so itā€™s easy to see which group is which.

Iā€™m sure that thisā€¦

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Live-cloned keyframes and audio clips.

Imagine being able to edit a single keyframe and all of its clones updating automatically across the timeline(s).

Imagine being able to edit notes in one clip and have the clones update too without having to mess around dragging things onto each other.

Hovering over any live clone would in some way also highlight its buddies.

Normal "at-time-of-cloning" clones would still be possible.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Spline Path tools for animation and other position based logic would be a game changer.

Currently we have like 100 people who have attempted to make "grind mechanics" or even animate something on a tight designated path in a smooth way and currently in dreams neither is possible.

If we had a spline path tool we could achieve so much with it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Strech a keyframe

As a dreams animator, I work with keyframes a LOT. And there have been several instances where I wanted to use the strech tool while editing a keyframe, but I have not been able to.
    One may argue you can just scale said object, but it just does not have the same effect. I hope this gets received well enough to me considered by Mm. Have a good day.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Keyframe Data List

An additional tab in a Keyframe's tweak menu containing a list of all recorded data, a list of affected items and their animation/parameters , this could be a huge help especially on busy scenes.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Clone animations to other puppets to reduce thermo

If the same animation data can be used by multiple puppets then it would heavily reduce animation thermo usage. Right now animations take an obscene amount of thermo and it is extraordinarily limiting. Something needs to be done to address the thermo cost of animations. Good animations are a key sign of quality in a game, but the thermo cost of animations limit them way too much. Nothing else comes close to consuming as much gameplay thermo.

I absolutely adore Dreams but I see this issue as a huge barrier to its success. Dreams games need to look quality forā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Simple mocap utilising PSVR and Moves

I understand the request is probably 100x harder to implement than my current understanding or may have some technical reason why it may not be feasable. I'm just hoping to give a suggestion just in case it hadn't been thought of before.

The idea is basically using a tool to record puppet possession, for use to easily transport your movement using PSVR helmet and move controllers into actions that a puppet would follow. Maybe use IK on puppet movements. It may only be limited to to upper body, or even memory intensive, but it'd open up so many possibilities evenā€¦

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. A database of re-usable mouth features for character speech animation

In film animation, it's possible to build mouth shapes (3D printed) around certain sounds and then plug them into the face as they're needed. Like they do in clay animation. Would it be possible to do that to a Dreams head sculpture so that I could build a plug-in database of re-usable facial structures. The facial objects would then settle directly into the same points each time like blocks and magnets.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Recording animations in VR

Make recording animations possible in VR using the Headset and the Movecontrollers to record movement

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. On timelines, waveforms don't align on sound clips if there is a start time offset in the sound gadget

It's a bit of a pitfall if you're trying to align your waves with animation if the wave doesn't represent what's playing back. Can be worked around, of course, but I think the wave shown in the timeline should account for start time offset.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow tagging cameras.

The camera details page doesn't let you set a tag, grouping tags with cameras doesn't work either.

I believe the workaround is to attach the camera to a sculpt but this introduces a large issue.

Now you're animating the movement of the cube and not the camera itself. This means you can't just scope into the camera when keyframing and it becomes really tedious to work with.

Cameras should probably have an option to set a tag in their details page. Or cameras grouped with tags should work as expected.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. Animating characters through Move/PSVR/Camera motion capture

I'd love to see animation made even easier through various methods if technically possible beyond the existing action recorder

1) Dual move support (or more?)! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can only use action recorder while holding one object on one Move controller only, not both arms simultaneously. I'd love to record movement of both my hands at the same time to, say, map both of them into a puppet to animate their arms. Maybe allow more controller support to do a full on puppeteering method, Jim Henson style (two people operating both hands via move plus theā€¦

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. Edit shape while animating

Hey,

When editing a keyframe, i would like to manipulate the shape of an object further, like, stretch it, for example.
    The only thing possible right now, if i'm not mistaken, is to move it, and to scale it.
    It seems to me that this is a big limitation for creating amazing stuff.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Imp emotes

Record Imp and Imp Face Emotes with Record possession??

It was advertised that everything the Mm teams made with Dreams was with creator access tools but I have tried. Creators use the imp face and dock a lot so this would be a very nice touch for cutscenes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add option to mirror a character pose left side to right side and viceversa (not mirror plane)

If a punch is thrown with the right hand with the right foot forward, it would be nice to have the option to mirror the entire pose to the left side of the character (left hand/foot forward, right hand/foot behind).

• This can be useful for example to quickly make 2-punches combo without having to re-position the puppet twice.

• Or to quickly change the hand aiming a pistol, together with torso and head orientation.

Right now the only wway is to re-pose the puppet twice for the left and right hand/feet movement.

I've also tried to manually mirror the puppet byā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Disable and modify certain "properties" in keyframe. For example only use X position and ignore Y and Z

It would be great if we could gain more control of keyframing. Currently the keyframe is a massive "blackbox". At the minute everything is a one config rules them all. For example if I keyframe a position then I can only change the keyframe details for [X,Y,Z] combined! If I try and create separate keyframes for X,Y and Z then it doesn't work as Dreams blends/averages the keyframes.

For example:
    https://help.apple.com/assets/5B906E810946223A0CC59123/5B906F4F094622EB22C59484/en_US/ec4c3a4b49c8c722016bbc048b59aa3f.png

Obviously this is far more complex then my suggestion. It would be awesome if Dreams someday got to this level of control, but for the short term it wouldā€¦

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improved Puppet Nodes/Interface For Custom Creators

Currently, the deluxe blank puppet has quite a few limitations for custom creators/riggers/animators. Some examples:

I can't edit the procedurals (I would like to view what the setup is for the walk cycle).

I'm limited to the default rigging options (limited amount of bones for starters- so no fingers, ears, etc).

I can keyframe my own walk cycle or other animations, but there seems to be a lack of nodes to incorporate custom animation like this into the puppet interface. Walk/run strength, and movement strength won't take a custom timeline, but rather, single pose keyframes... to then drop into theā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Expand key frame separation when multi-selecting in timelines

It would be nice if we could select a row of key frames and expand or contract the separation with L1 and L/R on the D-pad. Similar to how you can size up the key frames with Up/Down

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base