Dreams Feedback šŸ¤“

Weā€™re constantly improving Dreams and are always interested in hearing our playersā€™ thoughts about how to improve and build upon what we have. If youā€™d like to suggest how something could be better in Dreams, hereā€™s the place to do it. Make sure to check to see if anyone else is already discussing the topic.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Using the secondary imp (hand tracker) to grab in VR

Currently only the primary imp can grab objects in VR, but I and many other dreamers feel it is incredibly important to be able to imp interact with two objects simultaneously with both hands. This is the most crucial feature that is holding back dreams VR from being fully realized.

Currently you have to hack it with teleporters and followers, and if people are going to use CPU resources like that anyways, it seems like a no brainier that the secondary move controller should have the full feature set.

We NEED this feature, the only glaring omission to an otherwiseā€¦

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Why do sky transitions (between day and night) take so long? Can't there be an option to make them instant?

There are many instances in a scene where a quick shift of setting is wanted. A sudden flashback to a dark day, a camera cut from viewing a planet to viewing it's surface etc etc. Right now it takes 5-10 seconds to fully shift from day to night. Is this a design choice or is there something in the engine that makes this unavoidable?

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Text variables, text signals and player text input

I think it would be really good to be able to send text via signals, so we can have variable text messages.

Also being open to store text in variables would help make games more dynamic.

Also user text input could allow for more personalized game experiences like classic RPGs and such.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Add ā€œscene space transformā€ input to Teleporter gadget

Iā€™m certain this has been posted before but it must have been swept up in a recent forum wipe. This is an important tool that we are currently missing. There are workarounds involving emitters but they are over-complicated and likely add latency.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Camera gadget "orthographic mode"?

It'd be cool if the camera had an "orthographic" toggle for isometric games. It's possible to sort of cheat the effect by using a very low FOV and moving the camera far back, but for certain ideas (e.g. perspective-based gameplay) this method isn't precise enough.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Variant Elements - an idea to reduce combinatorial explosion of scenes

Suppose I'm creating an RPG. Let's say that there are 16 types of enemy for the player to battle, and having all of them in a single scene would exceed a thermometer limit. But that shouldn't be a problem provided that there won't be any battles where the player must fight every type of enemy - I can create one battle scene for each combination of enemy types that the player might need to fight. In this case, let's say that the maximum number of types of enemy in a battle is 4. Unfortunately that means that I'll need 16!/(16ā€¦

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Player can write in game.

That would be cool to let the player write an text for exemple to activate something he need to write the right text.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Move multiple Textboxes by selecting

Apart from the bug that you can move them right now even if you don't select them, another Feature I would love to have is to move multiple textboxes at once if you select them.

Currently the only way to do this is to have them on a Microchip and move the microchip but that is a pain especially for UI/HUD Designs.

Generally any HUD that is a little bit more complex uses multiple textboxes with symbols mashed together to create a more complex shape. If you want to move the entirety of that complex shape you have to moveā€¦

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I want to be able to leave comments to myself and others on my code/logic.

I want the text gadgets or an entirely new code/logic comment gadget.

To be able to use it only to make comments to the (code) logic in it.

Say there's a function in the current text gadget to make whatever you type never to show up anywhere, but right there ontop of the text gadget as is do now when we select the elephant icon in its tweak menu. Or an entirely new one as I said.

And make it scalable like any other textbox in any other software, so it automatically rearrange the text if we make it moreā€¦

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Feature to display our PSN under Made in Dreams

The Made in Dreams logo has always had writing under it for Beta and Early Access making it look circular. Now nothing is under there I decided to uses text gadgets to put By oooDORIENooo under it. But obviously the made in Dreams logo moves gradually to prevent screen burn.

Was wondering if maybe we can have it built into the system. So it says ā€œby (PSN name)ā€ under the logo. In create mode and menus I t would be your PSN, then when youā€™re in another persons creation and then it would display the PSN of the creator.
    Itā€¦

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. Add value input to emitter so that newly emitted object can wirelessly recieve the value

It would be really useful if we can input any wire into the emitter. This would then get fed to the newly emitted object. Could then be recieved either by a tag perhaps or another new logic chip. Some kind of "Emitted" logic chip.

The use case:
    Imagine you want to emit a ball and specify a color for each copy of the ball.

It is possible to do this at the minute with variables or wireless chips.. but a built in mechanism would be great. Considering emitting is such an important feature of Dreams (for complex tasks) it wouldā€¦

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. World pause option, with user defined exceptions.

I know it's been requested repeatedly, but I was unable to find a good enough listing here for it, so here goes.

We need an option to pause all the logic in the world, excluding microchips we specifically set as exceptions to this. This would allow us to make pause screens and all sorts of other very helpful systems.

The exception could be in the microchip's tweak menu, so that anything on a chip with this option enabled continues to run during the pause. You would build your menus in chips with this option enabled, and everything else on chipsā€¦

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. split screen now with VR i think its feasible

alright, my idea is and I know a lot of people want this.. split-screen.

now that we have VR.. we can be sure that the technology is there to render multiple cameras. if 2 cameras are the only possibility then, in my opinion, that's fine. now that that's out of the way id like to tell about a quest that i have been on in dreams and outside of dreams. so...

I want to connect my HTC Vive to a PlayStation 4 and yes that is impossible but with a bit of hackery, it works. what I have done toā€¦

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Faster sky transition

I would appreciate if there were a way to make the sky color transition faster. Whenever I turn on/off a Sun & Sky gadget, it takes too long to transition.
    The transition effect it has is cool, but sometimes I need to make an instant transition and it isn't possible. Please consider this idea :)

A slider in the sky gadget to control the transition's speed would be perfect (or anything like that).

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. Objects detecting hit by laser (akin to knowing when they're detected by trigger zone)

If I could add a feature, it would be objects to be able to detect when they are hit by a laser as they can already tell when they're in a trigger zone. So, trigger zones are two-way (zone and object know they are inside) but lasers are only one direction, in that only the laser knows what it's hit.

It would make it much easier to make highly accurate item pickup/investigate capability, as well as be super useful in shooting games or anything with a projectile.

I know there are work arounds. You can wire a laser scope toā€¦

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sphere Casting

It would be nice to have a sphere variant of the Laser Scope gadget that, instead of getting the nearest point in a line, it gets the nearest point in a sphere.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. Set origin of a group

It should be possible to set the origin of a group. For example if I want to set the precise position of an emitted group I currently can't do this.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Have lights affect specific objects

It would be great if we could allow lights to only affect certain objects. This would open up a lot of stylistically interesting designs choices, and allow for more lighted objects that don't interfere with other lights/main scene lighting.

This could be done several ways, I'm sure, though I thought of two main implementations:

• Have a setting in a light's tweak menu to only affect objects with a certain tag/name/object type (similar to Sensors)

• Have a setting in an object's tweak menu to name a specific Named light source OR have a Gadget that affects whatever object it's attached to.
    • ā€¦
    15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. Text gadget color

Text gadgets now have always the same color. This is nice for the individual icon to be consistent but is bad if you used different colors to label anything in create mode.

It was also very handy to see different text colors for different characters as I used different colors for each character. Now all text boxes have the same color and it's not that convinient anymore to see who says what. Also all wires had that characters color which was also handy putting everything in the respective output/input.

Is it possible to have the option to use own colorā€¦

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add an output to the Controller Sensor which pulses when the user re-centres their Imp

I've been working on gyro based first person controls recently. Due to the nature of motion controls, it's necessary for the user to re-calibrate from time to time.

With the motion output from the Controller Sensor, when Options is held to re-centre the Imp, the values of pitch and yaw are reset to 0, which assigns the current position as the neutral point (even when the Imp isn't being used). This is fine on its own, but the system I'm using has aim sensitivity modification (such as aiming down sights). This affects the neutral point in relation to how I'mā€¦

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base