Dreams Feedback šŸ¤“

Weā€™re constantly improving Dreams and are always interested in hearing our playersā€™ thoughts about how to improve and build upon what we have. If youā€™d like to suggest how something could be better in Dreams, hereā€™s the place to do it. Make sure to check to see if anyone else is already discussing the topic.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. User Experience based on Knowledge level

The introduction and tutorials on Dreams are generally geared towards younger gamers and first time designers. Many experienced game designers new to Dreams complain that the user experience feels condescending towards them.

A simple prompt could be shown to each player the first time users play, allowing them to choose a category or knowledge level, for example: Beginner (no experience), Intermediate (some experience), Advanced (a lot of experience). Advanced levels would get a more "fast-tracked" approach to learning than is offered to lower levels. You could also have an "Artist" category for people who's primary interest is in art.

Inā€¦

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Tutorials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Dreamers need to be able to re-do the introductory imp quests for camera, assembly, etc

Players keep posting in the Dreams Reddit that they need to re-do the introductory imp quests.

Usually either because they've just started and already forgot what was covered, or because someone used their PlayStation and played through those quests, and they personally never got to do them at all. So they never learned the things it teaches them

There should be a way to re-play those quests. Resetting the Homespace doesn't reset the quests.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tutorials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Can you please make the move tutorials playable in VR. They are so important to get up and running yet only available in flat only?

If you have VR you probably have the moves. Yet you dont allow people to learn the sculpt moves tutorial in VR? This is very confusing and it would help people get started quicker.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. We need more tutorials.

Can we please get more tutorials in Dreams that are alot more in depth. I spent a whole day not being able to do anything when it comes to make a puppet because some how my puppets bones kept breaking and then my puppet was no longer selectable when you would scope in to the puppets logic cheap.

Little Big Planet 2 had in total 65 to 67 tutorials which also included Logic tutorials in that number. Which I am now in the process of going through just so I can understand logic in this game better. I will alsoā€¦

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tutorials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Please make the VR tutorial videos skippable

I'm loving the new update, but it's new and clicking on the wrong tutorial happens. Please let us skip them if we want to.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tutorials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Please add an ability to skip through tutorial when you first start

Please add an ability to skip through tutorial when you first start itā€™s so annoying I canā€™t play due to the fact my ps4 overheats before the tutorial can even end

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. User made tutorials?

Like I know there's premade tutorials in this game, but for example, if someone made something and wanted to teach others, could there be a tutorial creator?
    Like with subtitles and steps.
    Please also consider the option of titles for profiles. Like for another example: A rank like Teacher or Master. So if you needed to be taught by your favorite creator there would be a search option.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. MORE AND BETTER MUSIC TUTORIALS

The tutorials given in this game for Music Creation hardly scratch the surface of in depth production. Many of the tools available in the edit menu of instruments are not explained AT ALL, and leave the creators to learn for themselves. PLEASE add more tutorials for music; explain all of the shortcuts, explain granular randomization, explain granular synthesis, explain the sidechaining feature, explain how to loop a selection as opposed to constantly repeating it manually,

PLEASE DO YOUR PART IN EDUCATING YOUR COMMUNITY. It is honestly an outrage that many of these details are left out, seeing as Dreams holdsā€¦

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Detailed PDF guides for the building tools.

I think you should make detailed PDF guides explaining the parts of create mode that the tutorials dont explain (i.e. most of them.) I really want to learn about every part of logic, and there are some community-made videos, but I want something from MM that explains every part in detail. Thanks!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. general aids for beginners and improved game performance

can you add more lessons and tutorials on logic in the game please? I find that it is quite poor in this domain ^^ I am a beginner and I really have trouble mastering and understanding the tools of the game,

add tutorials on the most common in video games? like an inventory, a menu ...

Also, is there a way to increase the graphic potential of a scene? I am very quickly short according to the sculptures that I do myself or that I take in the dremiverse.
    for the improvement of the quantity of object to be incorporatedā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tutorials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. why am I being forced through the tutorials again?

we should be allowed to skip the tutorials. a sandbox with random objects to let people get familiar with the controls might be a better option that tutorials.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Tutorials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. Make tutorials track your progress before allowing you to progress

I really want to gain a deeper understanding of the tools in Dreams. However, I have ADHD and an issue I often experience as a result is stress when sitting through long, informative videos, especially when the option to skip is right there. So a lot of the time, I'll just end up trying to (and struggling) to finish things myself via assumptions. I think the best way to prevent that and help anyone who experiences a similar issue would be to make the game detect if you've completed the task or not. Yes, with the scope of Dreams beingā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. dictionary

Please add a dictionary with a basic font, for convenience of the user.
    It would be great to add this because there's a lot of stuff I don't know about the game, and it's tools. It would make it easy to jump in to the creation mode.
    If there is a printable manual then I need one, because I downloaded the digital version of DREAMS, and can't find a guide.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tutorials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. More step by step videos explaining the "logic."

This game is great. However, it can be extremely frustrating trying to figure out what to do when it comes to logic. The videos with the audio guide telling/showing you how things work is really helpful for me. Please do a lot more of them (because logic is by far the most confusing).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Exclusive Gate Confusion

The tutorial neglects to mention the reason all 3 gates act in unison is because they share the same (changeable) name. I was baffled because they weren't connected with wires.

If you update the game, making this fact more obvious might help with a topic that seems to be a stumbling block for many people.

LOVE Dreams. It will change the World.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. need better tutorials not just a video and voice.

Please let us be guided through tutorials, step by step with the game selecting and not progressing the tutorial until each step is done. With the tutorial not just being a small video and a narrator.
    The video keeps playing and doesn't wait for me, making the thing hard to learn.

It would be like:
    1. Do this step thats highlighted
    2. Game waits.

3. Tutorial is more straightfoward.

Keyboard support would be greatly appreciated too
    off topic but still needed

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Reset Progress

I have purchased motion controllers after already going through the standard controller tutorials, but now, I can't access the motion controller tutorials. I would like to replay the game with motion controller tutorials.

How can I do this????

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Tutorials to adjust voiceover to talk about the correct control scheme

In most of the tutorials, there aren't a lot of controls that are talked about. But the ones that are can be pretty confusing, especially now that there are 3 control schemes. It would be great if the voiceover audio could simply adjust based on the current control setting or current active peripheral of the player to avoid confusion.

For example:
    Motion controls: "Use R2 to get a wire from an output."
    Stick controls: "Use R2 to get a wire from an output."
    Moves: "Use the primary trigger to get a wire from an output."

Example:
    Motion controls: "Push upā€¦

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. PathFinding in Dreams

ĀØPlease add a Pathfinding Tutorial for PNJ or Others in dream
    Thank :) :)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Les 4 COURS ...les tutoriels FR

Je suis trĆØs dƩƧu qu'il n'y est pas de traduction franƧaise pour les 4 COURS ...les tutoriels FR sont primordial pour ce type de jeux...Vous devriez traduire en franƧais et autre langue....Vous disposer de tous les outils nĆ©cessaire ....MERCI

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base