Dreams Feedback šŸ¤“

Weā€™re constantly improving Dreams and are always interested in hearing our playersā€™ thoughts about how to improve and build upon what we have. If youā€™d like to suggest how something could be better in Dreams, hereā€™s the place to do it. Make sure to check to see if anyone else is already discussing the topic.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow editing/deleting custom tags.

If you make a typo when creating a custom tag then you're stuck with it forever. If you have too many and want to clear out some old ones, you can't.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Increase help popup delay timer so we have more time to read the mini buttons/controls guide

The help popup displays, in some cases, before the little "here's what the buttons do" animation even gets a chance to finish. This is quite jarring and makes the useful button guides not so useful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. A tool for creating new UI elements

A really cool thing is that Dreams allows me and thousands of players to create their dream game, but one thing that you can't do very well is the customization of UI elements.

I came up with the idea that instead of using icons that Mm has already created, it was to give the tool so that players can create their own icons, boxes, bars and other UI elements.

It didn't have to be very complex, but right now it is very difficult to use the icons or emojies that are already created with the text box, but creating newā€¦

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve "add tag" UI.

It takes a long time to add tags because you have to scroll forever to the side.

The add tag UI should be full screen and perhaps have dividers between each letter.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Duplicate tag bug.

Create a tag then try to create another where only the capitalisation is different. One of the tags will but out and leave a blank space in the UI.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Filter for "Send To"

My notifications are constantly spammed by random people sending me stuff. Can we get an option to decide who can send us stuff? Or perhaps filter it by who we follow?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Restart from Last Checkpoint button next to rewind button option.

Sometimes when you get glitched/stuck in a creation pressing the Rewind button is not ideal.
    Restarting from last checkpoint would be so much better because of not losing any game progress.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Stacked UI bug.

If e.g. a details page is open above/in front of another details page, or say a piano roll, then you can no longer interact with the UI controls.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Let us disable the imp in a creation at our own will

Hi, could you please add an option in the menu to hide the imp in a creation at our own will? What I'm trying to say is that when I'm looking at a scene, a sculpture or whatever, if a creator hasn't disabled the imp from the creation tools then it will pop up and completely destroy the atmosphere of what I'm looking at! The only way to fix this is to wait for the author of the dream to add the option himself but if he doesn't do that then the imp will always show up and I can'tā€¦

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. "Not Saved - Audio Preview Needed" doesn't make the meaning of "NO" and "YES" clear

"Yes" will play/view the element ready to record audio, but this is not indicated by the text. The closest it comes is saying "Please return to the creation to capture audio," but that doesn't actually imply that pressing YES will take you to view the creation.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hide Assembly Mode Icon In Top Left With Assembly Menu

It would be nice if the assembly mode icon would disappear along with the assembly menu to give you more screen space for tweak menus and stuff, I find it gets in the way a lot.

Even if it was just for the minimal visual feedback setting. I have found that as I become more familiar with the game the less clutter on screen helps out greatly, so I have slowly turned off all prompts and visual feedback settings over time.

The other Modes (Sculpt, Paint etc.) aren't as much of an issue because you don't normally have tweak menusā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. More options on how to display score updates would be useful.

I have made a puzzle game with 30 levels; each level posts a score at the end of it. The trouble I have is, the current score display is large and obnoxious in the context of my Dream. It would be nice if there were options on how to display score; for example, large (default), discrete, and hidden. Preferably with separate options for 'new global best score' and 'new personal best score', so I could have a big global score update, and a small personal score update.

Having control over the positioning the window would also be nice.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. broken software update

I was running the game fine until last night when I installed the new update that was released not too long ago and now i'm having issues due to the update possibly being broken where it tries to load something only to end in a infinite loading loop and never finishes

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Major flaw with the creation save system

Sorry If I come off as rude. I don't mean this in a rude way to MM. I'm just horribly disappointed and feel this issue ruins an otherwise near-perfect game. My mind is blown my how truly impressive and masterful this game is, yet my heart is broken because the creation save system has absolutely destroyed the experience for me. I will try to be brief, yet detailed enough to where I make sense.

I do not understand why, if I start a new project, and stamp an object from a different creation, I then can't delete the other creationā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. More imp customisation

I'd like to ask if there will be option of customizing imps for example using parts of painting tool and creating own ones. I think it'll be great way to express yourself

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. UI is poorly served

The display layer is an area that is very poorly catered for. It is difficult to make good looking interfaces when the only options we have are text boxes, symbols from Mm Dreams glossary and some (but not all) emojis. There are no symbols for guns or knives despite there being emojis for that and although the latest update did improve things, it would be nice if we had some better UI interface templates that we could use.
    Just releasing the restricted emojis like gun and knife would be useful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Audio track player

It would be amazing if there was a music player built in to the UI. We would be able to load it with tracks from the dreamiverse and play them while we do our things. It would not be a creation tool, just a playback tool with the standard play, pause, next track, previous track. It would be great to listen to dreamiverse tracks while sculpting and whatnot. Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please add a Hierarchy View to assist with locating items in scene

We need a mode with a scrollable list (on left probably) showing all the elements in the scene and then the rest of the screen is a view of the scene that highlights the selected element/s with an appropriately zoomed Preview Camera. Hitting X brings up a context menu. Also, either that moves the Imp or something in context menu does so you can exit Hierarchy Mode all ready to work on that part of the scene.

Yes, it may be a long list of mostly unnamed groups and elements unless user is being more organized. I expect the Previewā€¦

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Tweak Menu Text/Icon Contrast Change

I don't know if this is new or not but I've only just noticed it after the latest update and it has been an inconvenience a couple times already.

So, the tweak menus text and icons change depending on the background colour (value to be more precise) in an attempt to increase contrast and legibility I presume.

However it changes into a middle grey which has the least contrast for either a light or dark background so has the complete opposite effect.

I don't think this is needed at all as the tweak menus colour is always at full valueā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base