Dreams Feedback šŸ¤“

Weā€™re constantly improving Dreams and are always interested in hearing our playersā€™ thoughts about how to improve and build upon what we have. If youā€™d like to suggest how something could be better in Dreams, hereā€™s the place to do it. Make sure to check to see if anyone else is already discussing the topic.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please scale-up pop-up text size in VR, just like you do in non-VR, when you're editing & have zoomed-out

See screenshot.

If you're editing in non-VR, and have zoomed-out to work on your Scene, and decide to open a chip to work on logic...the pop-up text that tells you what gadget you're hovering over, is scaled-up, to be easily readable.

If you do the exact same thing in VR, the text is not scaled at all. So it's so small as to be un-readable. Sometimes so small, you can't even tell that any text has popped-up at all.

This problem can't be solved even if you change the "UI Size" Preference under Dreamshaping

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. could you make the game remember the settings i had in guides and show/hide the last time i edited the scene

it would be nice if the game remembered i was using a grid and studio lighting the last time i edited the scene and could start with them already on, it would be nice if it remembered the show/hide settings too.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Increase comment character limit (almost impossible to file bug reports)

Please consider increasing the character limit for bug reports, as it is almost impossible to capture within constraints.

You can also not create a second post right away so that is not helpful.

If we want to help Dreamers make better games, then we need to make bug reporting better.

I specialize in curating and doing QA/testing for other players, and this restriction is very limiting, especially when can't find user on other social platform.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Request muting imp sounds when previewing sound effects.

When I'm browsing for a short, soft sound effect like a "blip!" or a "tink!", I find the system sound effect (every time my imp hovers over something) gets in the way. Could it be muted when selecting sound effects, please?

https://youtu.be/ndAoxVZAgBM

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add VR label to creations and new filter tags for ā€˜VRā€™ and ā€˜Motion Controllersā€™ when VR update releases

When VR update is out, I hope to be able to easily tell which games are VR compatible and to easily filter by ā€˜VRā€™ and ā€˜motion controllersā€™ to quickly find those types of experiences.

Like first person VR, racing, etc..

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. User Interface (UI/UX Design) - Favorite, Time and Play Later

Hello! The game is great and I can't wait to see of what will become in the future. I just have some general feedback regarding these things:

• I think besides the Thumbs Up (like) button we should also have an option to Favorite a dream. Sometimes I want to like a lot of dreams but they are not necessarily my favorite ones, and it would be nice to check a folder of some sort in which I can see all of my favorite dreams, the ones I believe are truly special and I would like to visit again. Also, itā€¦

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. I'd like a way to view my public profile without all my private and unreleased creations

I want to see what other people see when they visit my profile. Is it a clusterheck like what i see? Or is it really not as big as i think? It's really frustrating to not be able to know what people see at a glance

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. For readability, give us a Preference to adjust the transparency/opacity of Microchip windows

It can be really distracting to work on complex logic, while having to see ghostly colors behind the Microchip's window.

For readability, give us a Preference to adjust the transparency/opacity of Microchip windows

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Disable Comfort Mode decision should carry through to the next scene is applicable

Once the Disable Comfort Mode question has been answered by the player, that decision should carry through as long as each subsequent scene has Disable Comfort Mode on.

It's pretty annoying if playing a mini-game and you have to accept it for each new scene, including menu scenes too.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Coat Mode tools should not apply to hidden objects when using ā€œhide everything elseā€

That makes for hidden changes you have no idea about, and then hours later you unhide-everything and half your scene can be messed up unintentionally.

The principle should be you shouldn't be able to affect anything you can't see, I think.

https://feedback.indreams.me/forums/917431-dreams-bugs/suggestions/41300701-coat-mode-tools-apply-to-hidden-objects-when-using?tracking_code=56ddd30caee7411af56f8879468bde65

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. "less close/more clones" tooltip should say "fewer clones/more clones"

Obviously the same is true for "more clones/less clones" which should say "more clones/fewer clones" (because "clone" is a countable noun).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Increase help popup delay timer so we have more time to read the mini buttons/controls guide

The help popup displays, in some cases, before the little "here's what the buttons do" animation even gets a chance to finish. This is quite jarring and makes the useful button guides not so useful.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. While trying to access a creation from an unaccepted collaboration invite, there's no way of backing out without declining

This is pretty frustrating if you just wanted to see if the creation was public or not, so you click on the creation instead of accept/decline. The screen shown to you asks "do you accept (the invitation to collaborate)?" with buttons for Yes and No. Not accepting (yet) doesn't mean I want to decline and lose the invitation. But clicking No declines the invitation anyway. So then I have to ask for a new invite.

It would be better, and more true to what's on the button in my view, if this simply backed out of trying to view theā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hide Assembly Mode Icon In Top Left With Assembly Menu

It would be nice if the assembly mode icon would disappear along with the assembly menu to give you more screen space for tweak menus and stuff, I find it gets in the way a lot.

Even if it was just for the minimal visual feedback setting. I have found that as I become more familiar with the game the less clutter on screen helps out greatly, so I have slowly turned off all prompts and visual feedback settings over time.

The other Modes (Sculpt, Paint etc.) aren't as much of an issue because you don't normally have tweak menusā€¦

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A tool for creating new UI elements

A really cool thing is that Dreams allows me and thousands of players to create their dream game, but one thing that you can't do very well is the customization of UI elements.

I came up with the idea that instead of using icons that Mm has already created, it was to give the tool so that players can create their own icons, boxes, bars and other UI elements.

It didn't have to be very complex, but right now it is very difficult to use the icons or emojies that are already created with the text box, but creating newā€¦

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Scene Object lists for fast selection of objects and organization

Would be really nice to have a list of all objects and groups in a scene, like in other game engines, to quickly allow for easy selection without having to physically search for an object in the scene. If I have multiple enemies in a scene for example and I want to tweak them all, I have to manually select all of them by finding them in the scene which is really inefficient. A bonus would also be listing each objects thermo cost in the list to help with optimization.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Restart from Last Checkpoint button next to rewind button option.

Sometimes when you get glitched/stuck in a creation pressing the Rewind button is not ideal.
    Restarting from last checkpoint would be so much better because of not losing any game progress.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Low framerate screen could keep rendering the scene in the background to see if it was a temporary hiccup

This could then enable an extra button to resume playing where possible, to reduce frustration.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Low framerate screen should have the option to continue anyway

I generally want to play without low-framerate so I have that turned off. But when I'm editing or something, framerate is less reliable because of the gadgets and whatnot.

Right now, if you get that warning screen you can either go into cinema mode or quit the game or creation entirely. Another button that lets you continue with low-framerate allowed while you're in that creation would be very useful.

Right now, you have to quit entirely, then turn on the setting, then go back into the game--which has now lost all your progress. Or you have to go into cinemaā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Stacked UI bug.

If e.g. a details page is open above/in front of another details page, or say a piano roll, then you can no longer interact with the UI controls.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base