Dreams Feedback šŸ¤“

Weā€™re constantly improving Dreams and are always interested in hearing our playersā€™ thoughts about how to improve and build upon what we have. If youā€™d like to suggest how something could be better in Dreams, hereā€™s the place to do it. Make sure to check to see if anyone else is already discussing the topic.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. precision color picking

Motion based control for color picking is not nearly precise enough , we need precise and fast color picking .Actual work efficiency is 3-4/10.
    This is also mostly valid for any motion control based tweaks.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. User Experience based on Knowledge level

The introduction and tutorials on Dreams are generally geared towards younger gamers and first time designers. Many experienced game designers new to Dreams complain that the user experience feels condescending towards them.

A simple prompt could be shown to each player the first time users play, allowing them to choose a category or knowledge level, for example: Beginner (no experience), Intermediate (some experience), Advanced (a lot of experience). Advanced levels would get a more "fast-tracked" approach to learning than is offered to lower levels. You could also have an "Artist" category for people who's primary interest is in art.

Inā€¦

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Why is there no option to download other peopleā€™s creations and play them in offline mod?

I just got into Dreams and I am having a blast creating and playing creations! But thereā€™s something that conserves me; the game lacks an option to download other peopleā€™s creations locally to the PS4ā€™s hard drive. This makes it not possible to play the many creations I love in offline mode. My internet service has limits, including a limited data plan. Playing the games works fine without any lags, but my internet is shared with my family members who rely heavily on it, especially during these times. And I also rely on it for my classes. So I canā€™tā€¦

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. App

Something that would be neat is an app where you can assemble microchips, and import them into your elements later.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Color blindness + animating IK/FK

Hi guys. I do a lot of characters and animation. I've been here since early access, but only just currently I found out there's actually a visual aid difference between animating with FK and IK. I simply do not see it, no matter how close I get to the TV, which is why I switch between dualshock and moves when animating.

The problem: The simple noise and imp spin is too subtle a sign when changing between these two modes. We could use with a "permanent" indicator as with the "recording" icon on the right when editing a keyframe.

Suggestionā€¦

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to use a mouse and keyboard on PS4

I have a lot of great ideas about what I would like to create in Dreams but unfortunately, I feel restricted because I don't have the motion wands, but, I DO have a mouse and keyboard. I would love to see that function available on this game! I realize others have posted the same things but that's how you get things to change right?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Save element copied

I think it could be very cool if when you select some element to copy them, you could save all the element like a clipboard on computers, because sometimes when you need to copy lot of elements in different places, it's a litlle boring to go back and select all elements again.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Favorite button

There should be a favorite button next to the thumbs up button so that you can find games you want to revisit under a favorites page. I often want thumb something up but not play it again. Maybe because itā€™s a short experience, or maybe because itā€™s a well made game that wasnā€™t for me.
    But the ā€œthumbed upā€ page gets really cluttered and itā€™s hard to find games you want to return to but have forgotten the name for.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Dreams for mobile

I think there should be a dreams app for tablets and phones so you can play dreams on the go, for instance if you are on a holiday away from home, you can take out your phone and play some dream creations

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Will level creating ever be increased from 1gb to more?

Well ive been playing dreams for a few month and i have to say ive had a great experience. At first it was a tuff nut to crack, but now ive made my way into the mana.
    My problem now is the limit. At 1 gb ive been forced to delete or archive most of my creations that i saved for later. Like character, maps, decoration, fooliage, and way more. Upseting to say at the very least. I just feel ive reach the limit way to fast. 5 of my levels are stealling most of my space and there nothingā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Why can't I get more space to make creations????

It has to do with fact that there's limits with how much you can put on the screen with DREAMS. And how you eventually run out of room.
    Could I use my 2 TB HDD to unlimit the amount I make for my creations?
    Can DREAMS use my whole HDD to make enormous games?
    DREAMS only takes about 15 gb or more, so could I make my PS4 like a supercomputer?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Full screen audio creation for accessibility

I would love to be able to create audio Creations full screen. It's extremely hard for me with my disability to position the camera so everything fits on screen. I do realize there's a button at the top that will lock the screen in place once I have the camera positioned correctly. But then if I want to add more space on my timeline I have to go and readjust just everything again.

It would be much easier (for me) if I could just make the timeline full screen and add extra space if I needed it via the numberā€¦

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Signal filtering

First of i love your game! Not enough good things can be said about it!

Unfortunately I have shaky hands so the gyro in the dualshock is way to sensitive, i have tried reducing it fully but then the movement is SO slow! My idea would be to have a signal filtering option to remove "static" from the input.
    I have no idea if this is even possible in real time but it would be great for us with tremors and others I am sure

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [Repost] There is hidden programming for joystick settings that is unchangeable, such as the deadzone. Please add more options for this.

https://youtu.be/1Bo0uqM3YWM

I don't know where my original post went, so I am reposting this video.

Key takeaways from my video:

The controller gadget gives false values aligning with the hidden joystick programming. This means the deadzones cannot be circumvented.

The X and Y axes have deadzones forming a "+" space. This causes the axis "snapping" I showed.

Solutions:

Make the controller gadget give true values of the joysticks and give every player more controller options in-game, like Apex Legends masterfully does.

Extra comments:

The core of everyone's creations and gameplay experiences are inhibited by these hidden values. I'm very, veryā€¦

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. Debbuger Interface

I think this could be great to have a specific interface for debug, where for example you can see the list of all variables of your game.

And with this interface, when your game is running, you can see when and from where your variables are modified.

I think about that because i'm currently working on a game, and now, I have a lot of logics and sometimes, when a bug came with my variables affectations, it takes me some time to found where the error came from.

So this could be great to have a "debbuger mode" if itā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The future idea

When I first heard about Dreams I immediately fell in love with this idea. So I started to watch some videos about it. That was the moment that I discovered something: Dreams is only available for PS4 at the moment. This disappointed me, but I also understood why: computers do not have a controller like PS4, so the game would not work like it works now. I also heard something that I find odd: it is not out for pc yet because the creators of Dreams want to see if it will be a success first. That is why Iā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I want a setting that can brighten the screen.

I want a setting that can brighten the screen. Especially when streaming.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Left handed motion controller - PLEASE flip the menu horizontally to fix it and make it actually usable

When using the Dualshock, after you press square in edit mode, the menu pops up. The "search" icon is the first from the left.

After I switch the motion controller setting to "Left handed", however, the same menu is flipped horizontally. The "search" icon is now on the right...

It's SO HARD to find the icons (movers, gadgets, etc) that I am looking for because it's flipped. Everything is somewhere else.

...I am used to position of every icon in the menu - the the when using dualshock... Why can't it be the same?

Could you please fix this?

Iā€¦

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to tell if player using motion controls or dualshock (and simplified button remapping)

Dreams should have a built in function to determine the difference between DualShock and motion controllers.

There should also be a prompt for a simple visual button remapping screen so that players are prompted to provide alternative controls for motion controls.

This is very important with VR capabilities on the way.

If Nintendo Switch can detect and visual represent every variation of game pad type, it should be possible here.

With VR incoming, it is important to bring more awareness and visibility to the dreamer, so that when they are making creations, they are being made aware and assisted orā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. How about adding and app for indreams.me?

I thought that itā€™d be really helpful for everyone and as well allow for more easier access to dreams if you added an app for indreams.me instead of or with the website.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base