Dreams Feedback šŸ¤“

Weā€™re constantly improving Dreams and are always interested in hearing our playersā€™ thoughts about how to improve and build upon what we have. If youā€™d like to suggest how something could be better in Dreams, hereā€™s the place to do it. Make sure to check to see if anyone else is already discussing the topic.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New mode for viewing other peoples creations in edit mode that arenā€™t remixable

I donā€™t put my full games up as remixable anymore, as someone can just republish the whole thing with a button. Iā€™ve mentioned before. But Iā€™d like to have another mode for things that you are ok for people to look at and learn how you did things. But not have it as remixable.

I have no problem with people looking about my level if it helps them. Iā€™d love to have a snoop about other levels and learn techniques from them. Have it all be interactive and view it in edit mode and play around with the logic. Butā€¦

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to freeze the camera in edit mode

Would be great if there was a tool to freeze the camera in place while editing so we can move objects into the distance without the camera following what we are moving.

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to hide or change the opacity for the grid, while using grid snap

While sculpting, it can be really hard to see anything, while using the smallest grid on the grid snap. Being able to hide or change the opacity of the grid would help a lot.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Please add keyboard and mouse Support

Can we have keyboard and mouse Support for the creation mode please.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Thermometers should have decimal places

For those that want it, being able to see the exact thermo cost of an object would be a big help. As it is now, we only see 1% or 2% and nothing in between. When someone wants to know how much thermo is being used by an object, they have to clone it ten or a hundred times to see how much the number changes.

I suggest adding an option to see two or three decimal places. With this in place, I think everyone will become a little more conscious of what actions will help optimize their creations.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Ruler visible when sculpting

Please make ruler gadget visible when sculpting, it is a vital part of sculpting measurement!!! Please!

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Import Reference Images

I'm not very good at making my sculpts look good from scratch, so I often rely on many reference images to draw inspiration from. Since Dreams supports VR now (it's now my preferred method of sculpting) it is no longer possible for me to use my phone to look at reference images.

It would be incredibly useful if I could import images from the internet or from my phone directly into the scene as a flat plane that I could move/resize around. I also want to be able to import as many images as I want so I can surroundā€¦

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Snap to grid should not scale my object

This makes it increasingly frustrating to line up two curved shapes that I want at slightly different scales

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Save Your Selections For Future Reselect

I just finished a complicated animation with hundreds of tiny objects that I had to keep reselecting over and over again. It would be incredibly handy to save your selections. For example, you could select 145 objects and then later, after working on different aspects of your creation, load that selection up again, so that all 145 were reselected without having to do it manually all over again.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. Transparency like invisible objects in preview mode

First of I know this question has been asked a lot and I know it is a really hard thing to do because of the cloud based rendering instead of poligons. Alpha on alpha calculations are very cpu intensive and with this many flecks an impossible situation.

However, when you make a sculpt invisible and set preview invisibility off, then the object actually looks completely transparant. I would love to use this effect even though it will have caveats like two transparant objects behind eachother will make the one in the back not visible. The only thing I would aksā€¦

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. if you select some objects and "save as new object" that should then become a clone of said item.

For example If someone made an object inside a scene and wants to then save that object. Once you go to edit that new "object" dreams should be smart enough to also update that original object in the scene when you make changes to the "new" source object. Currently you would need to delete the object then RE-import it into the level, thus breaking any wires or invisible keyframe changes.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. object pivot points

Ability to move pivot points, for example when using rotators, or surface snap auto guides, in the same way that origin points can be moved for follower gadgets.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Edit Number of Physics Globes In a Movable Object Instead of Having Just 3 Options.

Background: As many of you may already know. You can change the physics cost of a movable object from 3 options, low, medium and high. These settings change the number of physics globes present inside a physical sculpture. These physics globes dictate the points of contact for a movable sculpture.

It would be great if we could be able to change the number of physical globes inside a movable object by entering a number instead of having only 3 options. It would give players a lot more flexibility for managing physics cost. The highest number of physics globes possible couldā€¦

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to customize Dreamshaping Defaults

Just an option to create your own template for "New Scene". Maybe you'd like a different floor when starting a new scene everytime, or perhaps a skybox that better fits your creative process :) Being able to save your own starting template sounds pretty refreshing. Other small features could make a big difference, such as choosing the default color of new sculpts for example. Just a thought, thanks for all that you do!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Low Physics - Better for spheres (Rolling Ball Template would benefit)

An odd consequence of how Dreams handles physics is that spheres/balls behave better physically if they are set to low 'Physics Cost' because instead of simulating a ball with lots of little balls it gets simulated with one big ball - the same as the sculpt's actual shape.

Ideally it would be great if the game's determination of how the physics balls are distributed would recognise situations where the shape is better estimated by fewer balls.

Regardless I'd heavily recommend that the rolling ball template has its physics cost set to low. It gets rid of all the jitter &ā€¦

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hard surface oriented improvements... an advanced sculpting mode perhaps?

This comes from a 3D artist with almost 20 years of experience and a keen eye for usability and interaction...

Now, after enough hours to understand the tools in Dreams, and understanding why it is the way it is... simplicity, accessibility and the "atractiveness" as Kareem would say... I have to say it is ridiculously frustrating for hard surface modeling... anything organic... it's ok, there is room for improvements here and there, but we can do plenty of stuff... now, hard surface, anything that requires a little bit of precision... then Dreams becomes a Nightmare...anyone who wants to create, vehicles,ā€¦

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add an option to smooth out VR movement when creating

First of all, the VR update finally made my dreams come true, huge thank you to Molecules!

Here's a thing, though: when in create mode in VR, using Moves to pull the camera into position is probably the most taxing action in any PSVR product right now (and I've done somersaults in Sairento!). As I reach out with the Move and begin pulling myself towards where I want to be, my hand trembles, tilts and does all kinds of ultra small movements that aren't important to what I actually want to do, but shake the camera and make it aā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. Grid System

I would like to see the grid system made a little bit more friendly to people who like to make things to scale.

At the moment, it is unclear what unit of measurement is used in dreams, is it centimetres, is it inches? it's not clear to me. saying that at grid scale 1, each dot is 0.25m doesn't help if I want to make a cube that is 0.2m or 0.3m why is it like this? a metric grid system should be divisible by 10, not only 2. making this base 8 also doesn't work with inches because youā€¦

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 3D Printing can expand dreams!

My idea is pretty useful and exciting so please hear me out!

If we turned the PS4 sculpt data into .STL or .OBJ files we can enter a whole new realm for dreams! We can 3D print Toys and figures or we can even 3D print prosthetics! I really hope this becomes a reality!

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Use PS CAMERA with DualShock 4 to sculpt on Z-Axis

With DualShock 4 it is currently not possible to use Sixaxis to move also in depth (on Z-Axis).
    Using the PS Camera, it could be possible to move AND sculpt in depth with movement, like when using Move Controller or VR with standard DS4.

Please consider PS Camera support for regular DS4, even without VR.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base