Dreams Feedback šŸ¤“

Weā€™re constantly improving Dreams and are always interested in hearing our playersā€™ thoughts about how to improve and build upon what we have. If youā€™d like to suggest how something could be better in Dreams, hereā€™s the place to do it. Make sure to check to see if anyone else is already discussing the topic.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Problems with "bad words" that are not bad words...

I was writing a text in a gadjet, the word was "certainties" but Dreams censored it as cer*****ies. I'm not even English... DId'nt know that bad word censored, but it is inside a different word, with different meaning... I hope this could be fixed

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Dreams needs a ā€œdonateā€ button

Dreams needs a ā€œdonateā€ button so people can support creations & creators.

This would result in more fully developed concepts, & keep creators returning to the platform. It would also likely attract smaller developers to the platform.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Ray-tracing

To start this off, I know that the PS4's hardware can't support real time ray-tracing, so this suggestion is based on the PS5's hardware.

Because the PS5 allows real time ray-tracing. When the PS5 launches, will you implement real time ray-tracing on the PS5 version of Dreams? (like reflections and refractions. Shadows are obviously possible and already implemented in Dreams)

Because it would otherwise be discouraging if for example I can't recreate the Cloud Gate (aka the Chicago bean) without reflections or add realistic water and/or glass without refractions.

Plus it'll add new possibilities to this game and the possibilitiesā€¦

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Why is there no option to download other peopleā€™s creations and play them in offline mod?

I just got into Dreams and I am having a blast creating and playing creations! But thereā€™s something that conserves me; the game lacks an option to download other peopleā€™s creations locally to the PS4ā€™s hard drive. This makes it not possible to play the many creations I love in offline mode. My internet service has limits, including a limited data plan. Playing the games works fine without any lags, but my internet is shared with my family members who rely heavily on it, especially during these times. And I also rely on it for my classes. So I canā€™tā€¦

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Better Genealogy Management

Iā€™m having a lot of trouble managing my saves in dreams - itā€™s led to multiple creations being linked so that if I delete one they all must go. In some cases this doesnā€™t make sense where Iā€™ve deleted the linked assets but the genealogy is still there.

Itā€™s lead to me wanting to start everything from scratch everytime I make something new as the content otherwise becomes cluttered.

It would be great if there could be more guidance on how this works and how to manage it so that I know how to avoid having such cluttered local saves.

ā€¦

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Overwriting a saved creation with an old version needs a big loud warning!

In trying to troubleshoot some issues with my creation, I ended up going back to an old version - updating all elements in it - and then saving it. I was thinking this would maybe save over the old version slot?

Being that I did not back up a version of the CURRENT scene before doing this, this save ended up overwriting a weekend of work creating very difficult-to-replicate art assets. It really took all the wind out of my sails for create mode.

I think at the very least a very clear warning that you are about to overwriteā€¦

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Flecks Camera

A Camera that takes an In-game photo that is converted into a Flecks Picture that uses Flecks as pixels,

• This would apply the Camera's photos color information on to the Flecks surface.

• The Fleck Photo could be used as completed Textures, Sprite, and Pre-Rendered Backgrounds, etc.

• Changing the pictures Flecks size would effect the Flecks Picture resolution.

• Style mode, Effects mode. etc could be used to edit the Flecks Photo.

• The Flecks Photo could be made out of a Sculpt or Paint. Their unique properties could be applied and edited. ie Tint Amount, Color Saturation, Hue Cycle, Opacity, Finish, Shininessā€¦
    10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Check if score posted to scoreboard is new high score and return that info to scene

When the scoring gadget sends a score to the scoreboard, it would be great if it could bring back on a wire whether that was the new high score or not. That way you could trigger congratulations UI or a win screen, confetti FX etc.

Maybe drop a prize bubble with a trophy in it, though that won't be much use until own creations are allowed in the homespace.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Better patch notes.

Look at VS Code, Unity or Minecraft for examples of how patch notes should be done.

"Bug fixes" is about as useful as "this field intentionally left blank" tbf.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Dreams VR Collabed projects issue

So one thing that ive encountered that I find beyond annoying, is the way the VR compatible mechanic is introduced in Dreams. Even when there are 6-7 people working together for a game, where 80% of them has VR, but the "original creator" does not, it completely prevents us to be able to introduce a VR mode to the game. There has to be a better way for this.

Is it not possible to create a system that checks for the people involved wether it has been play-tested in VR, to still allow us to add that feature? And notā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Two different text colors in the comment section.

I now know how to highlight comments with different colors but I need to know can you Say <clue> something, then right after than say <term> something, and have two different colors in your comments?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Let us transfer/give up ownership of content.

I have a lot of siblings and we share our PS4. With that being said, we like to play games together including Dreams, but I'm the only one that really creates anything... However, sometimes when we're playing together and I have an idea, I end up starting on the wrong account. That's on me and I wouldn't mind sharing creation rights with said siblings, but they don't want their accounts being publicized in Community Jams or even generally posted content.

This would also be a helpful option for private people who have one account for gaming and want to makeā€¦

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Dreams for mobile

I think there should be a dreams app for tablets and phones so you can play dreams on the go, for instance if you are on a holiday away from home, you can take out your phone and play some dream creations

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. a automatic translator for text and game control

it would be very appreciated to have an automatic translator as well as an othograph corrector to facilitate the writing and the translation of games which are not in our language, the commands / instructions as well as texts written in the games are not readable or understood

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. We need the ability to change the imp to a cursor

You can only grab with the imp. Although you can make a sculpt follow the imp and make it look like a cursor, you can no longer grab objects with it, which makes this functionality pretty useless. We should be able to create our own "imps" that look like cursor arrows, character helpers that are not imps etc..

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Anoying Feedback

When I hit Post idea on a HOLLOW SLIDER the post idea did it's thing but my feed back was still here (I though it would go away) and I could post it again. Do it again same reasalt, spam it SAME REASALT. Later found out that I had posted the same thing over and over. Ply fix

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sculpting IRL Reptile Habitats (Castles/Waterfalls etc.) in Dreams for 3D Printing?

I build reptile habitats for a hobby/part time business and I would love to be able to use Dreams to create some more elaborate features, like creative food bowls or castles or fake rocks/trees, that I could then 3D print for my animals.

Many people use styrofoam for these kinds of projects in the reptile hobby. Some do use 3D printing but the 3D modeling software (Blender/Fusion etc) is much less intuitive than Dreams. This would be an awesome use of the sculpting tools for something outside of the game itself and I'm sure there is a large demand forā€¦

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Respond to bug reports and suggestions

It's been months since Mm have responded to a single bug report or community suggestion. They need to stop wasting all their time making stupid twitch steam videos and let us know that they are working on some of this stuff. I expected dreams to receive regular bug fixes and new tools, maybe once every couple of weeks. Buy they don't even read these suggestions. It's literally just one community member pointlessly responding to everyone's posts with irrelevant comments. Where are Mm???

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Cannot use the Playstation Network features in this application due to age restrictions

Hello,

I have a very sad 10 year old who thinks Dreams is the very best game he ever played, but he is not able to use the full power of Dreams because of age restrictions. When starting dreams, the message "Cannot use the Playstation Network features in this application due to age restrictions" appears, and Dreams stays in offline mode for him: "You are in offline mode and playing the restricted dreams experience"

Who would ever want to play the restricted dreams experience?!

Please Media Molecule, how can I find a way around this? Dreams is one of theā€¦

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. People want too much

This game idea is already too ambitious, in future updates this game will eventually become too much for the ps4 to handle. Already after the big vr update im seeing alot more bugs. Personally I dont think this game should be out, people already are losing thier WORK I cant imagine the future bugs that will come with multiplayer. People should remember that this a console not a pc.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base