Dreams Feedback šŸ¤“

Weā€™re constantly improving Dreams and are always interested in hearing our playersā€™ thoughts about how to improve and build upon what we have. If youā€™d like to suggest how something could be better in Dreams, hereā€™s the place to do it. Make sure to check to see if anyone else is already discussing the topic.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Deluxe quadruped puppet

Add more deluxe puppets please!
    Quadrupeds
    Spiders

Thanks.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Puppets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. More intelligent Puppet AI

I think we are really missing an feature to the puppet that makes it go around walls and corner to get to its destination or when it is following a player.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Puppets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Adding different Puppets

What would be cool is if they added several different puppet forms. For example, if they add a quad. limbed puppet, and in its tweak menu, there'd be an option to change what animal it is (dog, cat, elephant, spider (this one would be cool), rabbit, etc.). I also made a post before this one about a clothing option being implemented in the game as well for the puppets. If you're like me and you're more on the logic side of Dreams, then this will be extremely helpful because it allows us to just focus on the logic and notā€¦

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Puppets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. A setting to prevent cameras from going through walls.

Maybe just when a camera hits the wall have it move inward toward the orientation of the puppet. Maybe a few variables or tweaks to control how dramatic the effect is.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Puppets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Timing setting for the breathing of a puppet

Right now it seems we can only control how exaggerated the breathing is, as opposed to its speed.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add the puppet base as a tool that can be used on any sculpt

To make a character from scratch, you currently make your sculpt/character, put down a pre-made puppet, scope in, then delete the current puppet so that you have access to the pre-built tools. It'd be great if we could access those tools without having to use this workaround.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Puppets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Advanced Rigging

Hi!
    There should be a more user-friendly way to Rig your Puppets or Creations. Currently, it's very hard to make your "own" puppets or characters which have more than 4 Limbs. Just give us the possibility to make our own bone-work possibly so there can be creatures and other things. This could really step up the game.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Pre-made 2D Character

I need to make a flat 2d figure but it's hard. I would like a Pre-made 2D Character like the blank, or deulux puppets to custumise and bend to my will.

Also maby make it so that if you add a 3D object to the guy, the game would smoosh the 3D object to be 2D! :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Re-targeting animation between puppets.

I'd like to see an additional dual re-targeting system, just like the mapping one that's in Dreams already, that we use when building anything from scratch. Like you select each sculpt part on each on your newly built puppet and tell the system what part is what hip, torso, chest etc

And the new thing could be a re targeting button which opens up two Skeleton systems side by side. For you to map each part of a animated puppet to another one. Hip to hip, torso to torso, chest to chest and so on.

That way we could animateā€¦

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. puppets have a premade 2D movement option but no premade 2D camera option?

please add a 2D camera option in puppets otherwise we still need to use a real camera to do this, 2D movement is an option now instead of making our own with logic so why not add a 2D camera option in puppets too.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. What builds less thermo with a transforming character?

Hello, currently working on a transformers character wich will be able to transform. My question is what builds the less termo?

Making It actually transform or swap character model instead of actual transformation?

Regards

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Puppet templates

It would be great if there were templates for face types, hair, clothing etc for puppets. 3D sculpting is incredibly difficult and I just want characters for my game.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improved puppet walk default for creators (to reduce strange default walk)

Why do so many games have that weird/unnatural puppet walk cycle?

Is that the default puppet walk or just programmed by each user?

It would be amazing to offer creators more tools when it comes to setting up a smoother walk cycle that does come across as uncanny valley.

I love showing dreams to friends but they usually comment on that strange walk that a lot of puppets seem to share.

It would be great

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Breathing timing output from puppet interface

Right now there's no way of syncing anything up to the breathing rhythm of the puppet. A signal that went up and down with the breathing would allow for synced animations and such.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. First Person Puppet Broken

When I set even a blank basic or deluxe puppet head/neck invisible with controller sensor at camera 0m the puppet disappears. This makes my dream in development impossible to continue. Please fix this as soon as possible. It happened in the latest upate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Quality of puppets

There is a huge functional difference between mm designed characters and the average user. Would it be possible to release more puppet templates? The ones you have created for your characters? Sure we can just go in and modify them already...so why not just release a blank doll with the exact structure.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Default puppet camera needs a follow strength slider.

Default puppet camera is great. It does a lot of the things most people need it for. It would be great if there were a slider for 'follow' strength.
    For example, a setting of 0%, and the camera will never automatically move 'around' the character and works like a 2D cam (yet is still adjustable by using the R stick. A setting of 100%, and the camera will always be looking at the back of your character with no ability to move it away with the R stick. Somewhere in between, it will work like the current cam... sliding backā€¦

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add an ability to disable automatic invisible floor for the puppet

I understand the reason for automatic invisible floor for the puppet - it makes it easier to stamp a puppet only, without any platforms to walk around on. And I'm ok with feature since it's probably easier to store the puppets as elements.

The problem arises when dealing with puppets that are set to uncollidable. Since there's no collidable floor for these puppets to walk on they create their own invisible floor themselves and this floor makes it impossible to move a puppet down, below their created floor. No matter what I use - movers, followers, teleporters. It won't goā€¦

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Clothing option for Puppets

Does anyone think they'll ever add an option, similar to LBP, where if you go into the tweak menu for, let's say the torso, there'd be a clothing option? Like, hoodies, shirts, long sleeve, short sleeve, crop top, jacket, sweater, etc.? And you could adjust the thickness, tightness, length, etc. It was great in LBP because if you wanted your character to wear a certain type of clothing, you clicked the button and boom: It was on the character. It's just that I'm more of a logic person in Dreams. I like to create scenes and make them come toā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Puppets

A more in-depth tutorial on how to make a puppet from scratch.
    Show us how to make the body,arms and the legs how to attach them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base