Dreams Feedback šŸ¤“

Weā€™re constantly improving Dreams and are always interested in hearing our playersā€™ thoughts about how to improve and build upon what we have. If youā€™d like to suggest how something could be better in Dreams, hereā€™s the place to do it. Make sure to check to see if anyone else is already discussing the topic.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add a confirmation dialogue box before deleting something too large to 'Undo'

This is such a fundamental of editing in ANY software that I'm amazed it isn't on Dreams but PLEASE, before deleting something (i.e. a group) that will be too large to recover with the 'Undo' function, give a simple confirmation box to the user as sometimes you can accidentally delete a group rather than a nearby separate object when editing.

I just did this by deleting all of my levels landscape rather than a piece of rogue painted grass I was trying to delete and... poof, it's gone!

So infuriating, an hour of work down the drain as I hadā€¦

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Restructure Dreams into communities like Reddit: Dreams ā‰  Youtube of gaming

Marcos Healey at Mm famously said that Dreams could be the "youtube of gaming". I think he is wrong for two key reasons:

1. The vast majority of consumers on youtube do not engage in making videos themselves.

2. Video games require larger teams or more time than youtube videos.

These differences mean that structuring dreams like youtube ā€“ browsing games with creators to follow ā€“ does not suit what is otherwise a great tool for creating and sharing games, music and art. Point by point, the issues are:

1. There is no easy way to collaborate with like-minded creators on Dreams. Onā€¦

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Sculpt mode shapes: Add shape memory so we can reuse custom shapes

We can store custom color so why not shape?
    resizing custom shapes can be time intensive especially when hollowed.

In Sculpt mode add a sub menu for each shape type which would memorize any customized shapes one was required to use over again. much like the color tumbler it would store different values for dimensions, color, etc, only for customized shapes. This would add a great deal of functionality to sculpting and spraypainting

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Art Modes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Would be nice if we could pin 1-3 creations to our feed

I have made a portfolio collection, and it would be nice if that could always be found at the start of my feed. Being able to pin a few things to the start of the feed would make it easier to show off what we want to quickly and easier for the visitor.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. More VR smooth locomotion options

Currently the default movement scheme has HMD look based movement, so you move in the direction you are looking. This is not the most popular setting, as many players like to look around freely while moving, keeping just L2 for movement direction. This way you can go for a stroll and take in the sights at the same time. A simple toggle off for HMD based movement should do the trick.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to hide or change the opacity for the grid, while using grid snap

While sculpting, it can be really hard to see anything, while using the smallest grid on the grid snap. Being able to hide or change the opacity of the grid would help a lot.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Make soft blend setting available after you placed an element

Don't know if this is already possible but as far as i know it isn't. When in sculpting it seems that the soft blend option is only available before placing an element and not afterwards.

Why not make that possible just like scaling.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Art Modes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow delete own Score

Please let us delete our own scores on our own creations. If you test a version of your game and it had a glitch bug in it and you post a score of a very small timer then thatā€™s not right so you wanna be able to delete your own score while testing.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Notifications needs tabs

Iā€™m sure I mentioned this in the beta, but with full release, I think this more important than ever.

There should be filters/tabs for your notifications. They shouldnā€™t all be in one list.

Should be able to scroll through all types separately.

Likes, Comments, Used in, Shared with you, Collaboration requests...... etc

So you select comments for example and can scroll through all comment notifications.
    Iā€™d hate to miss a comment from someone, as I always like and answer back.

Also you need to be able to go back to where you were in the list like you used toā€¦

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. Dedicated Selection tool

I spent most of my time in Leveldesign and there needs to be an advanced selection mode.

That mode could include a couple of Options:
    -Volume based (Draw a 3D Box and everything in that Box is automatically selected, or just using shapes in general to select stuff)

-Select all items of one kind (in Logic, select all the same gadgets inside a chip, or a specific area on a Microship)

-Select all copies of an Object (this is honestly a very important one if you sculpt objects in the actual level itself)

-add options to volume based selection (likeā€¦

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please add keyboard and mouse Support

Can we have keyboard and mouse Support for the creation mode please.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. Selection of multiple shapes in sculpt mode

I mostly love how the sculpt mode in Dreams works, but there are a couple of annoyances that would really save us time if fixed.

One of them is that you can't really select a shape you stamped in sculpt mode, you can only scale or move it. I'd love to see the selection system, where you can select multiple objects, move them around, etc. extended to sculpt mode.
    This is especially useful when creating custom shapes (by subtracting, using blending), and trying to move that around - which is hardly possible right now, you have to move every componentā€¦

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Art Modes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Why do sky transitions (between day and night) take so long? Can't there be an option to make them instant?

There are many instances in a scene where a quick shift of setting is wanted. A sudden flashback to a dark day, a camera cut from viewing a planet to viewing it's surface etc etc. Right now it takes 5-10 seconds to fully shift from day to night. Is this a design choice or is there something in the engine that makes this unavoidable?

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. Please give us more control over ambient light.

There are way more factors than the sky to consider when lighting a scene. Having a black sky results in completely stark lighting with pitch black shadows, for example. Because many objects and light sources contribute to overall radiosity, the ambient light colour would be a bit more neutral/less saturated than if one object were in isolation in an endless sky. Without raytracing there's not much light information for the game to work with so being able to control ambient light colour without changing the sky's appearance would be really useful. (I do manually set up light bounces with spotlightsā€¦

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Editing shapes after stamping them in sculpt mode

It would save me so much time if we were able to edit the shape properties after stamping a shape, such as changing the color of a shape I sprayed on afterwards, the blending options, etc.

It would be great if we could get a shortcut that opens up the edit menu again to tweak all settings.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Art Modes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. CoMmunity Jam auto filter

If a creation is skipped and has no likes after X amount of plays, it gets dropped from the jam.
    This would mean most people wouldnā€™t see the low effort / off topic creations and make the voting experience a lot less tedious.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Community Jam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. Text variables, text signals and player text input

I think it would be really good to be able to send text via signals, so we can have variable text messages.

Also being open to store text in variables would help make games more dynamic.

Also user text input could allow for more personalized game experiences like classic RPGs and such.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. There should not be an achievement for entering a Community Jam

I saw a jam entry that was blank and just said 'sorry, this is for an achievement.

also lots of players upload their ancient kits for some reason, probably to take care of multiple trophies at once

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Community Jam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. Camera gadget "orthographic mode"?

It'd be cool if the camera had an "orthographic" toggle for isometric games. It's possible to sort of cheat the effect by using a very low FOV and moving the camera far back, but for certain ideas (e.g. perspective-based gameplay) this method isn't precise enough.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow sculpting more regular polygons (pentagons, hexagons etc.)

Rename the hexagon to Ngon or regular polygon and just add a number slider so that we can easily construct all kinds of additional shapes with a single parameter.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Art Modes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base