Dreams Feedback šŸ¤“

Weā€™re constantly improving Dreams and are always interested in hearing our playersā€™ thoughts about how to improve and build upon what we have. If youā€™d like to suggest how something could be better in Dreams, hereā€™s the place to do it. Make sure to check to see if anyone else is already discussing the topic.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sculpt mode shapes: Add shape memory so we can reuse custom shapes

We can store custom color so why not shape?
    resizing custom shapes can be time intensive especially when hollowed.

In Sculpt mode add a sub menu for each shape type which would memorize any customized shapes one was required to use over again. much like the color tumbler it would store different values for dimensions, color, etc, only for customized shapes. This would add a great deal of functionality to sculpting and spraypainting

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Art Modes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add keyboard and mouse Support

Can we have keyboard and mouse Support for the creation mode please.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Selection of multiple shapes in sculpt mode

I mostly love how the sculpt mode in Dreams works, but there are a couple of annoyances that would really save us time if fixed.

One of them is that you can't really select a shape you stamped in sculpt mode, you can only scale or move it. I'd love to see the selection system, where you can select multiple objects, move them around, etc. extended to sculpt mode.
    This is especially useful when creating custom shapes (by subtracting, using blending), and trying to move that around - which is hardly possible right now, you have to move every componentā€¦

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Art Modes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Editing shapes after stamping them in sculpt mode

It would save me so much time if we were able to edit the shape properties after stamping a shape, such as changing the color of a shape I sprayed on afterwards, the blending options, etc.

It would be great if we could get a shortcut that opens up the edit menu again to tweak all settings.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Art Modes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Text variables, text signals and player text input

I think it would be really good to be able to send text via signals, so we can have variable text messages.

Also being open to store text in variables would help make games more dynamic.

Also user text input could allow for more personalized game experiences like classic RPGs and such.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Default Collection for Creation Page

I swear if I have to scroll through a giant list of my creations again to find something I did and can't remember the name of I'm going to die.

Can we PLEASE get a Little Big Planet Style "Earth" collection where when you create and save a new creation you place it on a Collection/Map of all your stuff, you could also have a "Public" one where you put published creations.

This should of been in the game since the beginning, I'm sure it's been put here before but It's been heavily discussed among the communities I am in.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Move multiple Textboxes by selecting

Apart from the bug that you can move them right now even if you don't select them, another Feature I would love to have is to move multiple textboxes at once if you select them.

Currently the only way to do this is to have them on a Microchip and move the microchip but that is a pain especially for UI/HUD Designs.

Generally any HUD that is a little bit more complex uses multiple textboxes with symbols mashed together to create a more complex shape. If you want to move the entirety of that complex shape you have to moveā€¦

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. CoMmunity jam issues & suggested fixes

I reported potential issues with the CoMmunity jam way back in the early days of the beta and these issues have become worse spoiling this aspect of the dreams experience. Many no longer engage in entering, playing or voting in the Jams due to the presence of so much spam.
    I played through over 500 entries in the recent Love jam of which only 27% were actually on theme, I include simple heart sculpts as these entrants had respected the process.
    Many of the spam entries were people chasing the You're a contender imp quest, some doubling down by throwingā€¦

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Community Jam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. The ability to hide dreams by tag or search word

The ability to hide dreams by tag or search word Such as hide dreams about ā€œmemesā€ or ā€œsonicā€ and ā€œwarrioā€

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. Use Sony's Singstar technology to develop a vocal input for your music creation tools.

I thought it would be ground breaking if you used SingStar pitch and note length recognising technology as a vocal input to your music tools.

This would change my life and music creation forever.

Imagine humming or singing a composition and then dragging one of the MM instruments over the top of it to convert it to the sound of an instrument.

Or singing into the violin recorder and having it play back as violin.

It seems like it's very doable. They had a mobile microphone app for SingStar in the later days.

Pitch it to Sony! Please please makeā€¦

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. Player can write in game.

That would be cool to let the player write an text for exemple to activate something he need to write the right text.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. Add ā€œscene space transformā€ input to Teleporter gadget

Iā€™m certain this has been posted before but it must have been swept up in a recent forum wipe. This is an important tool that we are currently missing. There are workarounds involving emitters but they are over-complicated and likely add latency.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Can we please get an option to show likes over 50 in the notifications?

After the update, likes on your creations over 50 are no longer being shown. I very much like seeing likes, as many users of social media will testify. I would like an option in the settings where you can choose what kind of notifications to show or not. I miss the joy of seeing likes, I miss the feedback on my creations. It feels empty now. Also I miss getting notifications when someone uses my assets in their creations.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. Boolean operators in search (+/-, AND, NOT, "", etc.)

In an ever-growing community library, the ability to fine-tune a search is more of a necessity. Say a dreamer was looking for dreams about wars. The search results would contain mostly dreams that they're not looking for. But results would be much more accurate if that dreamer was able to search for: wars -star

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Camera gadget "orthographic mode"?

It'd be cool if the camera had an "orthographic" toggle for isometric games. It's possible to sort of cheat the effect by using a very low FOV and moving the camera far back, but for certain ideas (e.g. perspective-based gameplay) this method isn't precise enough.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. Names clickable in Scoreboards

When viewing scoreboards, you should be able to click on a name to go to their profile.
    Also there is a filter for friends, but should also have a filter for followers and following. As it would be nice to see where people are that you know, but not necessarily friends on PSN

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. You now automatically move to the front of your notification cue after checking a link further behind in your notification cue

This did not happen in Early Access, it does now. If you have many notifications and scroll through them and click on one of the users who liked your level, you will be pushed back to the beginning of your notification cue after you have checked on the user. It used to just put you back to where you were in the cue.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Advance warning when Remixing private creations

I believe this is intended behavior and not a bug, however this seems like an easy mistake for creators to make, so I think a prompt would be helpful.
    If you remix anything that contains a Private creation, that private object becomes baked into the genealogy. Even if itā€™s selected entirely through Update Mode and deleted, it still appears in the genealogy and prevents a Public release
    https://youtu.be/QJjyHATBn_A
    Same applies to saving a selection as a new creation
    https://youtu.be/kY3eIge81Mg

What Iā€™m suggesting is a warning to creators when they start editing a Remixed creation that contains something private, or whenā€¦

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. Add value input to emitter so that newly emitted object can wirelessly recieve the value

It would be really useful if we can input any wire into the emitter. This would then get fed to the newly emitted object. Could then be recieved either by a tag perhaps or another new logic chip. Some kind of "Emitted" logic chip.

The use case:
    Imagine you want to emit a ball and specify a color for each copy of the ball.

It is possible to do this at the minute with variables or wireless chips.. but a built in mechanism would be great. Considering emitting is such an important feature of Dreams (for complex tasks) it wouldā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. Dreams needs a ā€œdonateā€ button

Dreams needs a ā€œdonateā€ button so people can support creations & creators.

This would result in more fully developed concepts, & keep creators returning to the platform. It would also likely attract smaller developers to the platform.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base