Dreams Feedback šŸ¤“

Weā€™re constantly improving Dreams and are always interested in hearing our playersā€™ thoughts about how to improve and build upon what we have. If youā€™d like to suggest how something could be better in Dreams, hereā€™s the place to do it. Make sure to check to see if anyone else is already discussing the topic.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Use Sony's Singstar technology to develop a vocal input for your music creation tools.

I thought it would be ground breaking if you used SingStar pitch and note length recognising technology as a vocal input to your music tools.

This would change my life and music creation forever.

Imagine humming or singing a composition and then dragging one of the MM instruments over the top of it to convert it to the sound of an instrument.

Or singing into the violin recorder and having it play back as violin.

It seems like it's very doable. They had a mobile microphone app for SingStar in the later days.

Pitch it to Sony! Please please makeā€¦

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Add ā€œscene space transformā€ input to Teleporter gadget

Iā€™m certain this has been posted before but it must have been swept up in a recent forum wipe. This is an important tool that we are currently missing. There are workarounds involving emitters but they are over-complicated and likely add latency.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Ruler visible when sculpting

Please make ruler gadget visible when sculpting, it is a vital part of sculpting measurement!!! Please!

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Thermometers should have decimal places

For those that want it, being able to see the exact thermo cost of an object would be a big help. As it is now, we only see 1% or 2% and nothing in between. When someone wants to know how much thermo is being used by an object, they have to clone it ten or a hundred times to see how much the number changes.

I suggest adding an option to see two or three decimal places. With this in place, I think everyone will become a little more conscious of what actions will help optimize their creations.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Import Reference Images

I'm not very good at making my sculpts look good from scratch, so I often rely on many reference images to draw inspiration from. Since Dreams supports VR now (it's now my preferred method of sculpting) it is no longer possible for me to use my phone to look at reference images.

It would be incredibly useful if I could import images from the internet or from my phone directly into the scene as a flat plane that I could move/resize around. I also want to be able to import as many images as I want so I can surroundā€¦

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. VR move controllers revamp

With this fantastic VR update, we get to make our dreams come true in VR. Now here is my thoughts on move controller support:
    First you should totally get rid of forced remapping when you use moves instead of DS4 to move a puppet around. No one outside VR actually make their game based on move controllers for classic flat screen 3D games. It would free up VR creators and help us use any means necessary ( VR games like to use the left move button to actuate smooth motion and uses left move gyro to go backward forward strafeā€¦

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. precision color picking

Motion based control for color picking is not nearly precise enough , we need precise and fast color picking .Actual work efficiency is 3-4/10.
    This is also mostly valid for any motion control based tweaks.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Sculpt optimizer

When a sculpt is "done" It may still have a lot of shape data that's not actually contributing to the final sculpt.It would be great if there was an option to optimize this and remove that extra data even if it's a small amount of data. Additionally large sculpts may benefit from certain types of thermal optimization like splitting a mirror geometry into two separate mirrored shapes to move sculpt thermo to gameplay thermo.

It would be great if there was a menu option to do this automatically with more aggressive options to break large sculpts into smaller duplicate shapes,ā€¦

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. The ability to hide dreams by tag or search word

The ability to hide dreams by tag or search word Such as hide dreams about ā€œmemesā€ or ā€œsonicā€ and ā€œwarrioā€

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. Move multiple Textboxes by selecting

Apart from the bug that you can move them right now even if you don't select them, another Feature I would love to have is to move multiple textboxes at once if you select them.

Currently the only way to do this is to have them on a Microchip and move the microchip but that is a pain especially for UI/HUD Designs.

Generally any HUD that is a little bit more complex uses multiple textboxes with symbols mashed together to create a more complex shape. If you want to move the entirety of that complex shape you have to moveā€¦

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. Deluxe quadruped puppet

Add more deluxe puppets please!
    Quadrupeds
    Spiders

Thanks.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Puppets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. I want to be able to leave comments to myself and others on my code/logic.

I want the text gadgets or an entirely new code/logic comment gadget.

To be able to use it only to make comments to the (code) logic in it.

Say there's a function in the current text gadget to make whatever you type never to show up anywhere, but right there ontop of the text gadget as is do now when we select the elephant icon in its tweak menu. Or an entirely new one as I said.

And make it scalable like any other textbox in any other software, so it automatically rearrange the text if we make it moreā€¦

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Snap to grid should not scale my object

This makes it increasingly frustrating to line up two curved shapes that I want at slightly different scales

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. Player can write in game.

That would be cool to let the player write an text for exemple to activate something he need to write the right text.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. Boolean operators in search (+/-, AND, NOT, "", etc.)

In an ever-growing community library, the ability to fine-tune a search is more of a necessity. Say a dreamer was looking for dreams about wars. The search results would contain mostly dreams that they're not looking for. But results would be much more accurate if that dreamer was able to search for: wars -star

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. Signal manipulator, enhancement.

A Signal manipulator can freeze a 2, 4, 8 wire but the freeze input is 0/1 so will freeze all signals.

Can the freeze input be made to accept a 2, 4, 8 wire so individual signals of a fat wire can be frozen while unfrozen signals still pass through.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. Variant Elements - an idea to reduce combinatorial explosion of scenes

Suppose I'm creating an RPG. Let's say that there are 16 types of enemy for the player to battle, and having all of them in a single scene would exceed a thermometer limit. But that shouldn't be a problem provided that there won't be any battles where the player must fight every type of enemy - I can create one battle scene for each combination of enemy types that the player might need to fight. In this case, let's say that the maximum number of types of enemy in a battle is 4. Unfortunately that means that I'll need 16!/(16ā€¦

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. Dreams needs a ā€œdonateā€ button

Dreams needs a ā€œdonateā€ button so people can support creations & creators.

This would result in more fully developed concepts, & keep creators returning to the platform. It would also likely attract smaller developers to the platform.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. Negative speed on timelines

It should be possible to set a negative speed on timelines so that we can run animations in reverse easily.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. Default Collection for Creation Page

I swear if I have to scroll through a giant list of my creations again to find something I did and can't remember the name of I'm going to die.

Can we PLEASE get a Little Big Planet Style "Earth" collection where when you create and save a new creation you place it on a Collection/Map of all your stuff, you could also have a "Public" one where you put published creations.

This should of been in the game since the beginning, I'm sure it's been put here before but It's been heavily discussed among the communities I am in.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base