Dreams Feedback šŸ¤“

Weā€™re constantly improving Dreams and are always interested in hearing our playersā€™ thoughts about how to improve and build upon what we have. If youā€™d like to suggest how something could be better in Dreams, hereā€™s the place to do it. Make sure to check to see if anyone else is already discussing the topic.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Deluxe quadruped puppet

Add more deluxe puppets please!
    Quadrupeds
    Spiders

Thanks.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Puppets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Give access to shape options after stamped

If I can grab and move a shape after stamping it, I should be able to enter its options menu to change its blending and all the other options available before stamping the object.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Art Modes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Ruler visible when sculpting

Please make ruler gadget visible when sculpting, it is a vital part of sculpting measurement!!! Please!

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Sculture opacity setting

The title says it all! Exactly like strokes,text,number displayers have this setting so should sculptures!It would open a huge amount of freedom on creations.Something so small could be enormous as a setting!Please consider it!

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Art Modes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Add value input to emitter so that newly emitted object can wirelessly recieve the value

It would be really useful if we can input any wire into the emitter. This would then get fed to the newly emitted object. Could then be recieved either by a tag perhaps or another new logic chip. Some kind of "Emitted" logic chip.

The use case:
    Imagine you want to emit a ball and specify a color for each copy of the ball.

It is possible to do this at the minute with variables or wireless chips.. but a built in mechanism would be great. Considering emitting is such an important feature of Dreams (for complex tasks) it wouldā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Invert Camera X-axis option, please

Asking for a friend, Iā€™ve already retrained myself not to need this :)
    I know it may sound odd for some people but it used to be an option in some older games :p
    If youā€™re coming from a photographer background and thinking of the 3rd person camera like itā€™s on a tripod, inverting both axis makes sense to the brain

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Feature to display our PSN under Made in Dreams

The Made in Dreams logo has always had writing under it for Beta and Early Access making it look circular. Now nothing is under there I decided to uses text gadgets to put By oooDORIENooo under it. But obviously the made in Dreams logo moves gradually to prevent screen burn.

Was wondering if maybe we can have it built into the system. So it says ā€œby (PSN name)ā€ under the logo. In create mode and menus I t would be your PSN, then when youā€™re in another persons creation and then it would display the PSN of the creator.
    Itā€¦

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. precision color picking

Motion based control for color picking is not nearly precise enough , we need precise and fast color picking .Actual work efficiency is 3-4/10.
    This is also mostly valid for any motion control based tweaks.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Negative speed on timelines

It should be possible to set a negative speed on timelines so that we can run animations in reverse easily.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. Please allow us to minimise the search filters in Dream Shaping

Previously in Dream Shaping, I was able to enter search criteria for elements (eg. "Elements + Newest". I could then press circle to minimise the search criteria, and enlarge the elements so that they could be seen clearly as I browsed through.

Now, pressing circle returns to the Dream Shaping menu (with the larger tiles etc).

It would be nice to be able to set the criteria for a search, and then minimise the search filter fields in order to make the elements larger and easier to see.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. Anti name/tag filter

Let us have in the settings tags/names of dreams we don't want at all. For example, putting wario there will remove all mentions of wario for you (that you will mostly see the impact on in new trending dreams)
    (Now i know someone posted a similar idea but i posted on the discord server long time ago and my idea is not just in the search menu)

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. Thermometers should have decimal places

For those that want it, being able to see the exact thermo cost of an object would be a big help. As it is now, we only see 1% or 2% and nothing in between. When someone wants to know how much thermo is being used by an object, they have to clone it ten or a hundred times to see how much the number changes.

I suggest adding an option to see two or three decimal places. With this in place, I think everyone will become a little more conscious of what actions will help optimize their creations.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Objects detecting hit by laser (akin to knowing when they're detected by trigger zone)

If I could add a feature, it would be objects to be able to detect when they are hit by a laser as they can already tell when they're in a trigger zone. So, trigger zones are two-way (zone and object know they are inside) but lasers are only one direction, in that only the laser knows what it's hit.

It would make it much easier to make highly accurate item pickup/investigate capability, as well as be super useful in shooting games or anything with a projectile.

I know there are work arounds. You can wire a laser scope toā€¦

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow sculpting more regular polygons (pentagons, hexagons etc.)

Rename the hexagon to Ngon or regular polygon and just add a number slider so that we can easily construct all kinds of additional shapes with a single parameter.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. World pause option, with user defined exceptions.

I know it's been requested repeatedly, but I was unable to find a good enough listing here for it, so here goes.

We need an option to pause all the logic in the world, excluding microchips we specifically set as exceptions to this. This would allow us to make pause screens and all sorts of other very helpful systems.

The exception could be in the microchip's tweak menu, so that anything on a chip with this option enabled continues to run during the pause. You would build your menus in chips with this option enabled, and everything else on chipsā€¦

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. Cinematic Camera motion control

There are some limits for moviemakers and animation makers on Filming and camera motion that I think could be easily lifted and give a whole new look to animations.
    One is that we are not able to handle the camera like a handheld camera and give it a cinematic feeling. Well one thing that came to my mind is being able to import camera motion data into dreams but that's just too much work and unnecceasry because there are motion sensors ... well, maybe we can't just use the sensors to move the camera in a really cinematic way butā€¦

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. Have the ability to remove and/or alter and modify spray paint

I'd like spray painting sculpts for giving subtle nuances to their look; however, actually I never use it since I was surprised to found out that indeed there is no way to remove or alter it after you spray painted your sculpt, save for deleting said entire sculpt and starting new, making that tool actually pretty risky to use.
    I think the ability to alter and remove spray paint would make that tool indefinitely more useful, just like you would modify or remove shapes.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Art Modes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. More intelligent Puppet AI

I think we are really missing an feature to the puppet that makes it go around walls and corner to get to its destination or when it is following a player.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Puppets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. Add Additive Synthesis so we can combine sine waves to create any instrument timbre.

You can essentially create any sound using sine waves stacked upon each other, via the technique of Additive Synthesis.

The oscillators are cool and granular is cool etc. but a new form of synthesis would give us even more power when designing sounds.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. Transparency like invisible objects in preview mode

First of I know this question has been asked a lot and I know it is a really hard thing to do because of the cloud based rendering instead of poligons. Alpha on alpha calculations are very cpu intensive and with this many flecks an impossible situation.

However, when you make a sculpt invisible and set preview invisibility off, then the object actually looks completely transparant. I would love to use this effect even though it will have caveats like two transparant objects behind eachother will make the one in the back not visible. The only thing I would aksā€¦

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base