Dreams Feedback šŸ¤“

Weā€™re constantly improving Dreams and are always interested in hearing our playersā€™ thoughts about how to improve and build upon what we have. If youā€™d like to suggest how something could be better in Dreams, hereā€™s the place to do it. Make sure to check to see if anyone else is already discussing the topic.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a Thumbs up button under a dreamers Imp. So that we can easily find the content they have liked.

Add this alongside the home and Creations buttons under someone's imp while browsing dreamers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. tutorial bugs

Ran into a few problems, once withe the stamp tutorial and after closing out the game and restarting it didn't progress tutorial in some steps after I completed them

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tutorials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. I'd really like to play multiple notes at the same time in an instrument without chord assists

I think the fact that you have to adjust your chords each time you wanna do multiple notes really undermines the performance aspect of dreams. Since there's no MIDI support, it basically forces me to either draw them individually (which is a chore), or place notes one after another and then move them together in piano roll.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Font number order is very weird

If you output the value of the font slider, the numbers are all over the place. A good chunk are in the correct order. But some are in random places and some numbers are completely missing which is a little bafling ;D

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Make Wonkiness more controllable

The new wonkiness setting is pretty cool. Though it seems to randomise how it goes wonky for each new text box. That could be cool, but also can be frustrating. Someone has already reporte this effect as a bug.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. "Ancient Temple Game" needs a scoreboard

I really like the mechanic you've got for this game, but as there is no scoreboard getting a good time feels a little pointless. Would be great to add a scoreboard in there.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mm Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Ancient Temple Game: when falling off a cliff there are a lot of ledges you can land safely on

Thing is, once you land there you cannot progress and must jump to your death to get back to a checkpoint and continue. Could use some kill boxes so if you start to fall down far enough you just respawn.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mm Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Genealogy on Dreams should show all contained elements

Currently, the genealogy view on Dreams on shows scenes (or nothing at all if the scenes are unlisted). It would be better if, in addition to showing scenes genealogy on Dreams also showed the full genealogy of all its contained scenes.
    As in showing every element used in Scene 1 and Scene 2 inside the genealogy of Dream 1.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. For VR could you guys make official viewing areas?

A cool thing to add would be a theater, or a forest etc to play flat games in VR. Maybe do it so people can submit their own background as well, maybe as a jam. Maybe with a controller like how astrobot done it. Overall it would be an amazing idea and I'd love it if you added it to the game.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. New trophies

I think that when the multiplayer and VR modes come out for dreams, they should get their own trophy packs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Regional Expansion?

Hey,
    Tried joining the platform but my region isn't a part of the areas listed. I'm Nigerian and would like to know if there are plans to expand the list of countries?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I just got very confused saving my scene as online private. It updated objects in the scene with old versions of themselves!

I have since solved the problem, but I don't know why this happened;

I have a scene with a number of my own elements inside - game pieces. Some of these game pieces were made using other game pieces earlier on in development, e.g. for one object I used my wall piece as a base to build on.

As such, my main scene has up-to-date versions of all the elements, but those elements sometimes contain -out of date- versions of the same elements. I.e. I updated the wall but didn't need to update the elements that used the wall asā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Motion capture

i don't know there is way for motion capture in dreams it would be cool if you could do motion capture in dreams and could it be in dreams and how could it be done

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. Move controllers: Rotate command

An equivalent of the L2 rotate command on the DS4 but for move controllers- allowing you to:

1) rotate objects in the scene independently of translation. Would be great for animation

2) rotate sculpting shapes in hand without using the 'change grip' method. Effectively a way to quickly 'spin' the shape without having to leave it spinning.

3) rotate stamps in hand without having to place them first (this last one is more of a bonus)

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. Start Menu Settings Gadget Integration for Games

Since all existing games access their main menu with the start button, having that button pre-allocated in dreams to open the overall dreams menu requires developers to create new ways to adjust in-game settings that they've set up for their players.

This takes up extra in-game space (or thermo space), or removes a button's entire functionality which can impede on the player's gameplay experience.

My suggestion is to add a gadget in-game, that upon adding into the game will create a separate button in the main start menu that accesses that game's settings, and developers will be able to createā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Invisible

Thanks for uploading the fix for my invisible imp. You guys are champs!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bookmark collections & Share curated list vs copy them to my collection?

Hi, I would like to suggest being able to tag/bookmark creations for my collection.

Why do I always have to go through the complicated process of copying it to my collection?

I simply want to organize games art/curate it into lists that I can show friends and go back to later.

Wanting to add something to my bookmarks should be different process than copying entire project for editing purposes.

Am I doing something wrong?

Bookmarking games/assets vs saving projects to edit/remix should be two separate process.

Dreams needs an absolutely simple and straightforward way to curate lists and share withā€¦

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. You might consider upgrading your server soon as it seems dreams is quite popular!

Upgrade server before the demand starts lagging the process.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Change the color of text to make it easy to see.

Sometimes it's hard to see the white text whenever I go into edit mode,
    if only I could make it black so it would be easier to see on my bright TV.
    the text blends in with the BG, is there anyway to change it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. Accessibility options could have counterparts on gadgets to exclude them from those settings

For example, a rhythm game could require the music channel to be on. And some games would break or be pointless if the camera shake was turned all the way down.

So perhaps a "cosmetic" toggle on such a gadget would work--allowing it to be affected by those settings, and be on by default. But turn it off will tell Dreams it's required and shouldn't be affected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base