Dreams Feedback šŸ¤“

Weā€™re constantly improving Dreams and are always interested in hearing our playersā€™ thoughts about how to improve and build upon what we have. If youā€™d like to suggest how something could be better in Dreams, hereā€™s the place to do it. Make sure to check to see if anyone else is already discussing the topic.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to exclude tags or keywords

we should have the ability to exclude tags or keywords like Wario or Shrek so that we no longer have to see all the memes coming up on our UI

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Set origin of a group

It should be possible to set the origin of a group. For example if I want to set the precise position of an emitted group I currently can't do this.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Text gadget color

Text gadgets now have always the same color. This is nice for the individual icon to be consistent but is bad if you used different colors to label anything in create mode.

It was also very handy to see different text colors for different characters as I used different colors for each character. Now all text boxes have the same color and it's not that convinient anymore to see who says what. Also all wires had that characters color which was also handy putting everything in the respective output/input.

Is it possible to have the option to use own colorā€¦

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Cursor smoothing option in paint mode

Something like https://lazynezumi.com/ would help immensely in creating smooth lines, especially when painting with a Dualshock.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Art Modes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Automatic auto-update

It would be great to have a "true" automatic update for objects. Especially for collections and dreams. This would ensure no one releases a dream with the old version of the scene, and help with testing the dream while changing a scene. And it would mean games that have been featured in collections (including Mm's collections) always link to the latest bug fixes and such. All optional and set up by the creator of course, but it would really help a lot of things.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Problems with "bad words" that are not bad words...

I was writing a text in a gadjet, the word was "certainties" but Dreams censored it as cer*****ies. I'm not even English... DId'nt know that bad word censored, but it is inside a different word, with different meaning... I hope this could be fixed

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. A way to Turn Timelined Songs into a solid single sound item as to not use large amounts of gameplay thermo

Currently Its near impossible to create a playlist/soundtrack for your games because each track takes up from 5-10% game play thermo
    and you'd have nothing buy a playlist and no game with only 5 songs,
    (hell even 1 track for your level might use 10% thermo which is a no-go for many peoples current game)
    If we had a way to convert it to a single sound file (preserving audio quality) we could potentially add around 20 before the "sound" thermo would be used and almost no gameplay thermo.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. We should be able to utilize more of the touchpad than the button

Right now it just acts like 1 big button, why not include x/y coordinates in the button signal to allow for left or right side buttons on the touchpad. Also having an output for when the player is just touching the touchpad and not pressing the button.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Snap to grid should not scale my object

This makes it increasingly frustrating to line up two curved shapes that I want at slightly different scales

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. object pivot points

Ability to move pivot points, for example when using rotators, or surface snap auto guides, in the same way that origin points can be moved for follower gadgets.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. Copy animations from one character to another

I would love to make some basic animations for others to use. But to use those animations on a different character is kind of a hassle as it is right now.
    People need to copy their puppet parts onto my basic puppet and tweak it till it fits. It would be great if they could just copy the Animation Logic form my puppet and paste it on their own puppet and the game will understand what animation need to go where, assuming both puppets use the same basic skeletal system (hips, upper torso, 2 arms, 2 legs, 1 head, etc)

ā€¦

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. Add logic ability to tell Western (Xā€“O) from Japanese (Oā€“X) button layout

The controller sensor gadget has options for 'Enter' and 'Back' button presses. This allows a creator to allow the player to use their customary buttons for 'go/OK' and 'back/cancel' depending on PlayStation region (whether Ɨ or o).

However the creator has no way to tell which one is in use. It would be useful to be able to display a localised prompt that indicates whether Ɨ or o is to be used in any given situation.

It's possible to compare the various button outputs to work out which button does what at run-time, but that requires the user to haveā€¦

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Have lights affect specific objects

It would be great if we could allow lights to only affect certain objects. This would open up a lot of stylistically interesting designs choices, and allow for more lighted objects that don't interfere with other lights/main scene lighting.

This could be done several ways, I'm sure, though I thought of two main implementations:

• Have a setting in a light's tweak menu to only affect objects with a certain tag/name/object type (similar to Sensors)

• Have a setting in an object's tweak menu to name a specific Named light source OR have a Gadget that affects whatever object it's attached to.
    • ā€¦
    11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. copyright checker for music

there should be a copyright checker instead of flatout banning the importation of music, like you know, to keep it simple, in the future.
    I heard that you can't put music from your pc in the game, because of too much copyright issues. The checking system, would make things simple for the creators, who want music from outside of the game.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. projecting an image on an object to colorize flecks

Just an idea to get a fast way to add color on models :Use a bitmap and a simple ortographic projection on an object to colorize it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Art Modes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. Soft blend sculpting tool for DS4.

Hi, I was wondering if there is any plans to update the soft blend tool for DS4. It seems the tool when used by move controllers has far more scope for accuracy than its DS4 counterpart. Surely a bigger slider for DS4 users would be fairer. I have seen people change their soft blending by as little as 1% when using moves. This is impossible with the DS4. A better, bigger slider similar or the same as the move version please.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Art Modes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. "Following" notifications shouldn't include creators completing imp quests

I honestly don't care that someone i follow has completed xxx imp quest, especially since it doesn't even specify what that required.

All it does is spam my Notifications and make important things get lost, like creators updating or publishing new Dreams. I have to scroll for like 2 minutes just to see all notifications of the past 24h and 90% are imp quests. (and i only follow 8 people!)

(I already posted this once but it was accidentally posted to the "bugs" forum so I'm posting it again here.)

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. No. Remove the 15 seconds recording time NOW.

I get it. Idiotic people who have been abusing the audio recording because they can't make original content in a game engine that was suppose to be made for making games should be castrated from this game. Yes. I agree. But to think this is some plausible solution to this problem is itself unnecessary. This is just punishing people who MAKE their own music and we all know 15 seconds is garbage unless you wanna do the hard work of splicing it all together with unnatural cuts skips in between. We should be given the option of reporting people withā€¦

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mm Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. Live-cloned keyframes and audio clips.

Imagine being able to edit a single keyframe and all of its clones updating automatically across the timeline(s).

Imagine being able to edit notes in one clip and have the clones update too without having to mess around dragging things onto each other.

Hovering over any live clone would in some way also highlight its buddies.

Normal "at-time-of-cloning" clones would still be possible.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. Pause/freeze objects/logic

There should be a way, similar to turning off an object, to freeze and object and all attached logic, so that itā€™s easier to make inventory screens or other paused ui where the game shouldnā€™t be running in the background, but youā€™d like to resume from exactly where it was.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base