Dreams Feedback šŸ¤“

Weā€™re constantly improving Dreams and are always interested in hearing our playersā€™ thoughts about how to improve and build upon what we have. If youā€™d like to suggest how something could be better in Dreams, hereā€™s the place to do it. Make sure to check to see if anyone else is already discussing the topic.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More intelligent Puppet AI

I think we are really missing an feature to the puppet that makes it go around walls and corner to get to its destination or when it is following a player.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Puppets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Advance warning when Remixing private creations

I believe this is intended behavior and not a bug, however this seems like an easy mistake for creators to make, so I think a prompt would be helpful.
    If you remix anything that contains a Private creation, that private object becomes baked into the genealogy. Even if itā€™s selected entirely through Update Mode and deleted, it still appears in the genealogy and prevents a Public release
    https://youtu.be/QJjyHATBn_A
    Same applies to saving a selection as a new creation
    https://youtu.be/kY3eIge81Mg

What Iā€™m suggesting is a warning to creators when they start editing a Remixed creation that contains something private, or whenā€¦

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. CoMmunity jam issues & suggested fixes

I reported potential issues with the CoMmunity jam way back in the early days of the beta and these issues have become worse spoiling this aspect of the dreams experience. Many no longer engage in entering, playing or voting in the Jams due to the presence of so much spam.
    I played through over 500 entries in the recent Love jam of which only 27% were actually on theme, I include simple heart sculpts as these entrants had respected the process.
    Many of the spam entries were people chasing the You're a contender imp quest, some doubling down by throwingā€¦

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Community Jam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Problems with "bad words" that are not bad words...

I was writing a text in a gadjet, the word was "certainties" but Dreams censored it as cer*****ies. I'm not even English... DId'nt know that bad word censored, but it is inside a different word, with different meaning... I hope this could be fixed

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Names clickable in Scoreboards

When viewing scoreboards, you should be able to click on a name to go to their profile.
    Also there is a filter for friends, but should also have a filter for followers and following. As it would be nice to see where people are that you know, but not necessarily friends on PSN

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Ideas for collections with collaborators.

It would be nice if you could collab with other people on a collection that everyone involved could launch to public when they add stuff. Or you could set the permissions up for individuals like you can on Wordpress.

It might even be a nice addition if we could make open collections that anyone could make suggestions for that could be controlled by an admin.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. World pause option, with user defined exceptions.

I know it's been requested repeatedly, but I was unable to find a good enough listing here for it, so here goes.

We need an option to pause all the logic in the world, excluding microchips we specifically set as exceptions to this. This would allow us to make pause screens and all sorts of other very helpful systems.

The exception could be in the microchip's tweak menu, so that anything on a chip with this option enabled continues to run during the pause. You would build your menus in chips with this option enabled, and everything else on chipsā€¦

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Copy animations from one character to another

I would love to make some basic animations for others to use. But to use those animations on a different character is kind of a hassle as it is right now.
    People need to copy their puppet parts onto my basic puppet and tweak it till it fits. It would be great if they could just copy the Animation Logic form my puppet and paste it on their own puppet and the game will understand what animation need to go where, assuming both puppets use the same basic skeletal system (hips, upper torso, 2 arms, 2 legs, 1 head, etc)

ā€¦

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. CAD Functionality? Splines & Custom Surface Extrusion

Greetings,

So I have recently been playing around with different modelling techniques on PC, and noticed something interesting. If you look for accurate car models for Blender or similar 3d modelling software, there are not many, but if you instead look for accurate car models in CAD, it is basically only that - Looking deeper, I realized that many of the functions in dreams appear to be CAD based, I assume that this is why 3d printing is a future goal on the roadmap.

In any case, there are several CAD functions that would go a long way to improveā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. Ai and pathfinding

We desperately need more ai and pathfinding gadgets. These basic game operations are ridiculously complicated.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. MM's Q&A TEAM please make TAPgiles officially part of your team!

With the few ideas I have posted on these forms, the ONLY one who ever comments on the them is TAPgiles, he responds with details on if it has been already done (or will be), and how to fix it! For example, I posted an idea on having big scuptures not be see through. He responded, "If you add a sky gadget, you can set the fog distance higher. This is the draw distance, and from how far away a very low-level fog starts coming in, and also where things will be completely transparent. So set this to the 10,000ā€¦

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. Feature to display our PSN under Made in Dreams

The Made in Dreams logo has always had writing under it for Beta and Early Access making it look circular. Now nothing is under there I decided to uses text gadgets to put By oooDORIENooo under it. But obviously the made in Dreams logo moves gradually to prevent screen burn.

Was wondering if maybe we can have it built into the system. So it says ā€œby (PSN name)ā€ under the logo. In create mode and menus I t would be your PSN, then when youā€™re in another persons creation and then it would display the PSN of the creator.
    Itā€¦

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Can we please get an option to show likes over 50 in the notifications?

After the update, likes on your creations over 50 are no longer being shown. I very much like seeing likes, as many users of social media will testify. I would like an option in the settings where you can choose what kind of notifications to show or not. I miss the joy of seeing likes, I miss the feedback on my creations. It feels empty now. Also I miss getting notifications when someone uses my assets in their creations.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. PS5 Only Creations (similar to VR only)

It has already been shown that Media Molecule is able to segment the community by having ā€™VR Onlyā€™ creations, so it will be great if the PS5 offers an updated version of Dreams that allows full use of Console specs.

PS4 users would either not be able to see the PS5 Only creations (similar to VR Only creations) or potentially able to see low resolution version.

Offering Dreamers a PS5 optimized experience with ray tracing, unlocked thermo and decreased load times would be phenomenal for world building and immersion.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. VR comfort mode detection

Can we have a way to detect if a player has comfort mode on when playing our creations?
    I have a game that scrolls sideways. I have set up the cameras to be very smooth and slow, but when comfort mode is on, it jerks sideways every metre, which couldnā€™t be a better option (maybe) in that circumstance. But if I could set up stationary cameras myself, and have them active when someone is in comfort mode, that would be great.
    It wouldnā€™t override the comfort settings. We would just be able to set up our games to work betterā€¦

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. Sculture opacity setting

The title says it all! Exactly like strokes,text,number displayers have this setting so should sculptures!It would open a huge amount of freedom on creations.Something so small could be enormous as a setting!Please consider it!

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Art Modes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. Give access to shape options after stamped

If I can grab and move a shape after stamping it, I should be able to enter its options menu to change its blending and all the other options available before stamping the object.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Art Modes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. Anti name/tag filter

Let us have in the settings tags/names of dreams we don't want at all. For example, putting wario there will remove all mentions of wario for you (that you will mostly see the impact on in new trending dreams)
    (Now i know someone posted a similar idea but i posted on the discord server long time ago and my idea is not just in the search menu)

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. You now automatically move to the front of your notification cue after checking a link further behind in your notification cue

This did not happen in Early Access, it does now. If you have many notifications and scroll through them and click on one of the users who liked your level, you will be pushed back to the beginning of your notification cue after you have checked on the user. It used to just put you back to where you were in the cue.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. Animation timeline with labels

Hi, Iā€™ve been doing some animation lately. I think it would be super cool if we could have a timeline for animation, that allowed use to have labels, colour coded horizontal rows, that we can expand and collapse as needed.

Say I have 3 characters Iā€™m animating on screen. I could set up three groups on the timeline and expand one out halfway through, if I need the extra room for a new row of keyframes.
    On the edge of the timeline could be an editable tag, so itā€™s easy to see which group is which.

Iā€™m sure that thisā€¦

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base