Dreams Feedback šŸ¤“

Weā€™re constantly improving Dreams and are always interested in hearing our playersā€™ thoughts about how to improve and build upon what we have. If youā€™d like to suggest how something could be better in Dreams, hereā€™s the place to do it. Make sure to check to see if anyone else is already discussing the topic.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add value input to emitter so that newly emitted object can wirelessly recieve the value

It would be really useful if we can input any wire into the emitter. This would then get fed to the newly emitted object. Could then be recieved either by a tag perhaps or another new logic chip. Some kind of "Emitted" logic chip.

The use case:
    Imagine you want to emit a ball and specify a color for each copy of the ball.

It is possible to do this at the minute with variables or wireless chips.. but a built in mechanism would be great. Considering emitting is such an important feature of Dreams (for complex tasks) it wouldā€¦

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Have the ability to remove and/or alter and modify spray paint

I'd like spray painting sculpts for giving subtle nuances to their look; however, actually I never use it since I was surprised to found out that indeed there is no way to remove or alter it after you spray painted your sculpt, save for deleting said entire sculpt and starting new, making that tool actually pretty risky to use.
    I think the ability to alter and remove spray paint would make that tool indefinitely more useful, just like you would modify or remove shapes.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Art Modes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Invert Camera X-axis option, please

Asking for a friend, Iā€™ve already retrained myself not to need this :)
    I know it may sound odd for some people but it used to be an option in some older games :p
    If youā€™re coming from a photographer background and thinking of the 3rd person camera like itā€™s on a tripod, inverting both axis makes sense to the brain

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Privacy suggestion - opt out of community streams

This suggestion originally came from a discussion with another community member whoā€™s not very active here so Iā€™m posting:
    Dreams asks permission for Mm to show your creations in streams/videos, it would be helpful if creators could also opt out of having their work streamed by other community members.
    Iā€™m sure that 99% of the time creators are happy to be shown in another community memberā€™s stream, but Iā€™ve seen a few instances where this caused conflict when someone got unwanted attention. In all of the instances that I saw, the creator ended up blocking the streamer - but theseā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. A way to Turn Timelined Songs into a solid single sound item as to not use large amounts of gameplay thermo

Currently Its near impossible to create a playlist/soundtrack for your games because each track takes up from 5-10% game play thermo
    and you'd have nothing buy a playlist and no game with only 5 songs,
    (hell even 1 track for your level might use 10% thermo which is a no-go for many peoples current game)
    If we had a way to convert it to a single sound file (preserving audio quality) we could potentially add around 20 before the "sound" thermo would be used and almost no gameplay thermo.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Multiple angle snap

It would be nice to have rotation snap and have a setting for the angle rotation. This can be done similar to kaleidoscope and grid snap by adding a +- control with degrees going from 5, 10, 15, 30, 45, 9 instead of just ā€œright anglesā€ as we currently have it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Art Modes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Keyboard and mouse

Thank you for this miracle! Incredible sense of being a creator! I always wanted to create games, and now I can do it without delving into writing code and complicated editing of 3D models. The only thing that I donā€™t have in the game is keyboard and mouse control support. Please add a keyboard and mouse to the control settings.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Objects detecting hit by laser (akin to knowing when they're detected by trigger zone)

If I could add a feature, it would be objects to be able to detect when they are hit by a laser as they can already tell when they're in a trigger zone. So, trigger zones are two-way (zone and object know they are inside) but lasers are only one direction, in that only the laser knows what it's hit.

It would make it much easier to make highly accurate item pickup/investigate capability, as well as be super useful in shooting games or anything with a projectile.

I know there are work arounds. You can wire a laser scope toā€¦

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Cinematic Camera motion control

There are some limits for moviemakers and animation makers on Filming and camera motion that I think could be easily lifted and give a whole new look to animations.
    One is that we are not able to handle the camera like a handheld camera and give it a cinematic feeling. Well one thing that came to my mind is being able to import camera motion data into dreams but that's just too much work and unnecceasry because there are motion sensors ... well, maybe we can't just use the sensors to move the camera in a really cinematic way butā€¦

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. Please scale-up pop-up text size in VR, just like you do in non-VR, when you're editing & have zoomed-out

See screenshot.

If you're editing in non-VR, and have zoomed-out to work on your Scene, and decide to open a chip to work on logic...the pop-up text that tells you what gadget you're hovering over, is scaled-up, to be easily readable.

If you do the exact same thing in VR, the text is not scaled at all. So it's so small as to be un-readable. Sometimes so small, you can't even tell that any text has popped-up at all.

This problem can't be solved even if you change the "UI Size" Preference under Dreamshaping

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. Followers and Look At Rotators should work on a jointed child that is non-movable

Right now this setup makes the follower or look-at do absolutely nothing--not even rotate on the spot ignoring the joints or something. As demonstrated here: https://youtu.be/Bazgk7w77G0

A use case for this is to have the object look at something on the spot, while a jointed "neck" hangs from it naturally.

I previously reported this as a bug as it was such an unexpected behaviour. https://feedback.indreams.me/forums/917431-dreams-bugs/suggestions/40999249-look-at-rotator-is-ignored-on-non-movable-jointed?tracking_code=f1086d40bb1e27860cab953fabc29aa8

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. I have an idea to make dreams GREAT!

I've noticed that dreams is pretty small in players. Often seeing the best legacy creations getting 10000 likes. Theres not enough people to generate a push for creators to create bigger and better levels!
    Listen there is a way to bring in the numbers. Make the "Play" side of dreams free! It may sound like a money loss but it's not! A free to play dreams would rack in NEW players like crazy! These player will see the potential of dreams and want the creat tool for them selfs. The create side should be regular price! Not only do youā€¦

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Set origin of a group

It should be possible to set the origin of a group. For example if I want to set the precise position of an emitted group I currently can't do this.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. Behavior of the right stick of the dual shock while creating in VR

Can we have the old way of movement with the right stick with the dual shock while creating in vr? I mean I want the right stick to have the same behavior in creating in vr that it has while creating in non vr. I want to rotate around something if I click on R1 and now it does nothing if I press R1+right stick up or down. It took time to learn how to move in this game and this knowledge is inside my brain and now creating in vr feel awkward. Please can you patch this? Or atā€¦

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. Please allow us to minimise the search filters in Dream Shaping

Previously in Dream Shaping, I was able to enter search criteria for elements (eg. "Elements + Newest". I could then press circle to minimise the search criteria, and enlarge the elements so that they could be seen clearly as I browsed through.

Now, pressing circle returns to the Dream Shaping menu (with the larger tiles etc).

It would be nice to be able to set the criteria for a search, and then minimise the search filter fields in order to make the elements larger and easier to see.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. split screen now with VR i think its feasible

alright, my idea is and I know a lot of people want this.. split-screen.

now that we have VR.. we can be sure that the technology is there to render multiple cameras. if 2 cameras are the only possibility then, in my opinion, that's fine. now that that's out of the way id like to tell about a quest that i have been on in dreams and outside of dreams. so...

I want to connect my HTC Vive to a PlayStation 4 and yes that is impossible but with a bit of hackery, it works. what I have done toā€¦

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. Faster sky transition

I would appreciate if there were a way to make the sky color transition faster. Whenever I turn on/off a Sun & Sky gadget, it takes too long to transition.
    The transition effect it has is cool, but sometimes I need to make an instant transition and it isn't possible. Please consider this idea :)

A slider in the sky gadget to control the transition's speed would be perfect (or anything like that).

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. Have lights affect specific objects

It would be great if we could allow lights to only affect certain objects. This would open up a lot of stylistically interesting designs choices, and allow for more lighted objects that don't interfere with other lights/main scene lighting.

This could be done several ways, I'm sure, though I thought of two main implementations:

• Have a setting in a light's tweak menu to only affect objects with a certain tag/name/object type (similar to Sensors)

• Have a setting in an object's tweak menu to name a specific Named light source OR have a Gadget that affects whatever object it's attached to.
    • ā€¦
    16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. Sphere Casting

It would be nice to have a sphere variant of the Laser Scope gadget that, instead of getting the nearest point in a line, it gets the nearest point in a sphere.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. copyright checker for music

there should be a copyright checker instead of flatout banning the importation of music, like you know, to keep it simple, in the future.
    I heard that you can't put music from your pc in the game, because of too much copyright issues. The checking system, would make things simple for the creators, who want music from outside of the game.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base