Dreams Feedback šŸ¤“

Weā€™re constantly improving Dreams and are always interested in hearing our playersā€™ thoughts about how to improve and build upon what we have. If youā€™d like to suggest how something could be better in Dreams, hereā€™s the place to do it. Make sure to check to see if anyone else is already discussing the topic.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Set origin of a group

It should be possible to set the origin of a group. For example if I want to set the precise position of an emitted group I currently can't do this.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. A way to Turn Timelined Songs into a solid single sound item as to not use large amounts of gameplay thermo

Currently Its near impossible to create a playlist/soundtrack for your games because each track takes up from 5-10% game play thermo
    and you'd have nothing buy a playlist and no game with only 5 songs,
    (hell even 1 track for your level might use 10% thermo which is a no-go for many peoples current game)
    If we had a way to convert it to a single sound file (preserving audio quality) we could potentially add around 20 before the "sound" thermo would be used and almost no gameplay thermo.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. copyright checker for music

there should be a copyright checker instead of flatout banning the importation of music, like you know, to keep it simple, in the future.
    I heard that you can't put music from your pc in the game, because of too much copyright issues. The checking system, would make things simple for the creators, who want music from outside of the game.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Save Your Selections For Future Reselect

I just finished a complicated animation with hundreds of tiny objects that I had to keep reselecting over and over again. It would be incredibly handy to save your selections. For example, you could select 145 objects and then later, after working on different aspects of your creation, load that selection up again, so that all 145 were reselected without having to do it manually all over again.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Transparency like invisible objects in preview mode

First of I know this question has been asked a lot and I know it is a really hard thing to do because of the cloud based rendering instead of poligons. Alpha on alpha calculations are very cpu intensive and with this many flecks an impossible situation.

However, when you make a sculpt invisible and set preview invisibility off, then the object actually looks completely transparant. I would love to use this effect even though it will have caveats like two transparant objects behind eachother will make the one in the back not visible. The only thing I would aksā€¦

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Have lights affect specific objects

It would be great if we could allow lights to only affect certain objects. This would open up a lot of stylistically interesting designs choices, and allow for more lighted objects that don't interfere with other lights/main scene lighting.

This could be done several ways, I'm sure, though I thought of two main implementations:

• Have a setting in a light's tweak menu to only affect objects with a certain tag/name/object type (similar to Sensors)

• Have a setting in an object's tweak menu to name a specific Named light source OR have a Gadget that affects whatever object it's attached to.
    • ā€¦
    15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Additive Synthesis so we can combine sine waves to create any instrument timbre.

You can essentially create any sound using sine waves stacked upon each other, via the technique of Additive Synthesis.

The oscillators are cool and granular is cool etc. but a new form of synthesis would give us even more power when designing sounds.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. VR Snap Turning

The game's current VR comfort option ties third person walking and snap turning together, such that when comfort mode is turned off, we can have smooth walking but we lose the snap turning. I think we should be able to have smooth walking but optionally keep the snap turning on. This is better for motion sickness, since lateral movement is a different sensation from spinning. But it can also be better for some people like myself who would rather just quickly reorient their forward direction and otherwise rely on their head for turning, rather than having two different inputs forā€¦

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to exclude tags or keywords

we should have the ability to exclude tags or keywords like Wario or Shrek so that we no longer have to see all the memes coming up on our UI

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. All my creations are linked

Once again i find my self in the feed back page for dreams... Unfortunately. When i try to delete unwanted creations, i have to delete creations i do want. I have empty creations that i no need or want. I simply wanted to save some thing to transfer it to another map. Now im stuck with empty levels that are taking up space from the very little space i have left from my 1gb. Such an awsome game, but poor level managing. Im stuck with 6 empty level and 5 other creations i dont want. You guys should allow levelsā€¦

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. Increase comment character limit (almost impossible to file bug reports)

Please consider increasing the character limit for bug reports, as it is almost impossible to capture within constraints.

You can also not create a second post right away so that is not helpful.

If we want to help Dreamers make better games, then we need to make bug reporting better.

I specialize in curating and doing QA/testing for other players, and this restriction is very limiting, especially when can't find user on other social platform.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. Text gadget color

Text gadgets now have always the same color. This is nice for the individual icon to be consistent but is bad if you used different colors to label anything in create mode.

It was also very handy to see different text colors for different characters as I used different colors for each character. Now all text boxes have the same color and it's not that convinient anymore to see who says what. Also all wires had that characters color which was also handy putting everything in the respective output/input.

Is it possible to have the option to use own colorā€¦

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. if you select some objects and "save as new object" that should then become a clone of said item.

For example If someone made an object inside a scene and wants to then save that object. Once you go to edit that new "object" dreams should be smart enough to also update that original object in the scene when you make changes to the "new" source object. Currently you would need to delete the object then RE-import it into the level, thus breaking any wires or invisible keyframe changes.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. Add an output to the Controller Sensor which pulses when the user re-centres their Imp

I've been working on gyro based first person controls recently. Due to the nature of motion controls, it's necessary for the user to re-calibrate from time to time.

With the motion output from the Controller Sensor, when Options is held to re-centre the Imp, the values of pitch and yaw are reset to 0, which assigns the current position as the neutral point (even when the Imp isn't being used). This is fine on its own, but the system I'm using has aim sensitivity modification (such as aiming down sights). This affects the neutral point in relation to how I'mā€¦

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. We should be able to utilize more of the touchpad than the button

Right now it just acts like 1 big button, why not include x/y coordinates in the button signal to allow for left or right side buttons on the touchpad. Also having an output for when the player is just touching the touchpad and not pressing the button.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. Spring Connector Gadget

I have noticed that the spring connector gadget is unfortunately missing from Dreams. It was present in the LittleBigPlanet titles and it was really useful in various ways. It would be really nice if this gadget was added in the game

Here are some examples of where this gadget was/could be used for: platformer game contraptions, vehicle engines, vehicle suspensions, industrial machinery and much more.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. Automatic auto-update

It would be great to have a "true" automatic update for objects. Especially for collections and dreams. This would ensure no one releases a dream with the old version of the scene, and help with testing the dream while changing a scene. And it would mean games that have been featured in collections (including Mm's collections) always link to the latest bug fixes and such. All optional and set up by the creator of course, but it would really help a lot of things.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. The "First published" date should be the date dreams are released online public, NOT the date the dream was saved online private

This hurts the viewership of collaborative dreams and work backed up online.

If you work in online private, you get snuffed by the Dreamiverse algorithm upon release because it seems to think it's an older creation, and the Dreamiverse algorithms seem to tend to cater more to new creations.

The only way to circumvent that is to repackage as a new whole dream and re-release, but then you get backlash from the community about it because it looks like you're just trying to get additional attention instead of trying to get fair treatment by the algorithm.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. object pivot points

Ability to move pivot points, for example when using rotators, or surface snap auto guides, in the same way that origin points can be moved for follower gadgets.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. Add a 'looking for testers' section to the dreamiverse to get more focused feedback/QA

Add a 'looking for testers' or 'work in progress' or 'in development' section so that creators can get more focused testing/feedback.

Not sure if this would be releasing your creation as a different category for testing instead of playable/public or just a similiar tab like the trending tab, but a way for creators to get better QA.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base