Dreams Feedback šŸ¤“

Weā€™re constantly improving Dreams and are always interested in hearing our playersā€™ thoughts about how to improve and build upon what we have. If youā€™d like to suggest how something could be better in Dreams, hereā€™s the place to do it. Make sure to check to see if anyone else is already discussing the topic.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have lights affect specific objects

It would be great if we could allow lights to only affect certain objects. This would open up a lot of stylistically interesting designs choices, and allow for more lighted objects that don't interfere with other lights/main scene lighting.

This could be done several ways, I'm sure, though I thought of two main implementations:

• Have a setting in a light's tweak menu to only affect objects with a certain tag/name/object type (similar to Sensors)

• Have a setting in an object's tweak menu to name a specific Named light source OR have a Gadget that affects whatever object it's attached to.
    • ā€¦
    10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Importing Audio

I remember I saw a video of Mm showed how easy it was to import audio. This was a feature I really looked forward to. When I got the full version of Dreams, and this was not included, I felt like my heart stopped. I was sooo disappointed. Media Molecule? You promised! Is it Sony who made the decision to disable audio import?

I have a lot of free to use SFX on my computer I really wanted to import into Dreams. And some music I have made.

In Unity and Unreal or all other game engines, you can useā€¦

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Starting a new sculpt with the same parameters,colors,etc.. than another sculpt

Maybe, say : if you start a new sculpt while editing a sculpt , you could inherit all the parameters color ,looseness,...from the sculpt you are editing into the new one.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Number indicator on the fonts

When scrolling through the fonts it is difficult to find particular ones. If there was a number indicator as you scrolled through you could easily return to the correct font.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Timeline position needs an input in the menu

For the longest time I thought there was no way to control the timeline position because there is no input in the menu.
    I just learned today that you can plug it into the bottom of the play position and I donā€™t understand why thereā€™s a timeline output but no input in the menu.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Low Physics - Better for spheres (Rolling Ball Template would benefit)

An odd consequence of how Dreams handles physics is that spheres/balls behave better physically if they are set to low 'Physics Cost' because instead of simulating a ball with lots of little balls it gets simulated with one big ball - the same as the sculpt's actual shape.

Ideally it would be great if the game's determination of how the physics balls are distributed would recognise situations where the shape is better estimated by fewer balls.

Regardless I'd heavily recommend that the rolling ball template has its physics cost set to low. It gets rid of all the jitter &ā€¦

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Soft blend sculpting tool for DS4.

Hi, I was wondering if there is any plans to update the soft blend tool for DS4. It seems the tool when used by move controllers has far more scope for accuracy than its DS4 counterpart. Surely a bigger slider for DS4 users would be fairer. I have seen people change their soft blending by as little as 1% when using moves. This is impossible with the DS4. A better, bigger slider similar or the same as the move version please.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Art Modes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow editing/deleting custom tags.

If you make a typo when creating a custom tag then you're stuck with it forever. If you have too many and want to clear out some old ones, you can't.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Better patch notes.

Look at VS Code, Unity or Minecraft for examples of how patch notes should be done.

"Bug fixes" is about as useful as "this field intentionally left blank" tbf.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. User Experience based on Knowledge level

The introduction and tutorials on Dreams are generally geared towards younger gamers and first time designers. Many experienced game designers new to Dreams complain that the user experience feels condescending towards them.

A simple prompt could be shown to each player the first time users play, allowing them to choose a category or knowledge level, for example: Beginner (no experience), Intermediate (some experience), Advanced (a lot of experience). Advanced levels would get a more "fast-tracked" approach to learning than is offered to lower levels. You could also have an "Artist" category for people who's primary interest is in art.

Inā€¦

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. Emit in world space (outside of current group)

So I stumbled across Dreams limitation of emitting yesterday. Seems if you have an emitter in a group then anything emitted belongs to that group. This is fine until you do stuff like move the parent!

I have a group in a group and within the inner inner group is the emitter. The top group moves up and down using a keyframe. The child group moves left and right with a keyframe. If I try and emit an object at the current x,y of the descendant it works as you would expect but the moment you move the groups, theā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. Painting - No 2D Ellipse tool

Hope i'm wrong but, as far as I can see the painting tools are somewhat slim on basic features. Seems there is no effective way to create ellipses nor other geometric shapes with paint. An example I can think of would be a 2D rainbow with low opacity.

Please add more features for 2D painting (better layering options and a way to set a painting as a masking layer)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Art Modes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Check if score posted to scoreboard is new high score and return that info to scene

When the scoring gadget sends a score to the scoreboard, it would be great if it could bring back on a wire whether that was the new high score or not. That way you could trigger congratulations UI or a win screen, confetti FX etc.

Maybe drop a prize bubble with a trophy in it, though that won't be much use until own creations are allowed in the homespace.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. Blending shortcut in DS4

L1 + RS (up/down: Blending | left/right Looseness?)

or

L1 + Touchpad up/down ?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Art Modes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. Randomisers are weirdly Deterministic

The very first time you play a scene, randomisers are actually random. Then they stay deterministic (but not with the same values as the first time) until you reset your play progress in that dream. Then you get actual randomness ONCE, and you're back to the same fixed values you had before.

I read some comment on this site that seem to indicate that randomisers being deterministic is intended, but what about that first time then?

If it's intended, please add an option to have them not deterministic:

I'm trying to generate a whole level on scene start, but theā€¦

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. An option to toggle on the FPS monitor at all times during analysis would be excellent

When I first ran Analysis mode and caught a moment of slowdown, and then noticed there was a real time FPS monitor I was really excited. Always wanted a FPS monitor especially during optimization. This would be perfect for Analysis mode as an always on type option. During late stage optimization it would be great to just turn the monitor on, run analysis and see exactly what the fps is at all times.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. Easy way to record vocals for music

Iā€™d love if there was a way I could record an audio track for vocals, and have that recording automatically synced up correctly as I monitor.

The Twitter account mentioned a 15 second cap on audio recordings as well, which would make that whole process even more difficult.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. Add "expand gadget to fill timeline" shortcut or button.

It's quite common that you want a keyframe or clip to fill the timeline.

When you have many especially this becomes a rather gruelling process of drag, wait forever, drop, grab-cam back to the start and repeat.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. Add some kind of waveform/spectrum visualiser/analyser tool, to help identify frequency spikes etc.

There is already the audio preview tool which renders a basic waveform as the song plays, so to some extent the code is already there.

It would be helpful to get even a simplified (so like the preview) visualisation of the entire song, but perhaps it could be something slightly more in depth like you'd see in a DAW.

I am not sure how useful a proper spectral analyser would be and if it would be worth the effort but even the ability to see the full simple waveform would probably be nice. Perhaps just with the addition of highlightingā€¦

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. Render timeline to audio clip.

If you're not animating any parameters via logic then imagine how powerful it would be if we could just render a timeline to an audio clip.

Suddenly hundreds of clips and keyframes and fx fields become a single gadget containing nothing but the waveform.

This would open up the possibility of having massive OSTs for games without destroying thermo, giving game creators far more freedom.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base