Paint mode bugs: blinking and surface snap not working
These are bugs that are easy to replicate and I have seen other people mentioned, so I figured I would raise the issue again.
Start paint mode on a flat sculpt (for drawing). Use Surface Snap, not tentacle snap.
I use the square flecks, line ruler to draw straight lines. Onion peel is not active.
It's easier to see this bug with a thick/increased fleck size as usually this happens over a number of frames when drawing on a particular area.
Start drawing in one frame, add a new frame and draw in that same area. Do that 30 times if you need to and over time the flecks stop snapping onto the surface, meaning surface snap stops doing what you would expect. Somehow it appears that the flecks Snap onto the previous frame or following frames even though ONION SKIN is inactive.
In addition, there's is a new blinking bug where, for some reason, when you draw, or add a line, or whatever, paint mode starts blinking between frames.
Thankyou for sending in your issue to us. Our team has investigated but couldn’t make out from your video how you reproduced your issue. If you could please send in some reproduction steps or another video with extra detail in, that would be awesome :)
Thank you for replying so soon. I don't know what you mean by set up. I'm not setting anything up. This happens every time and has been happening for a while. The videos attached are part of the same example.
1) Start a new dream.
2) Open up sculpt mode and stamp a white square which you will use as canvas to paint on.
3) Go to paint mode.
4) Turn off Onion Skin
5) On Guides, turn on Surface Snap
6) On tools, turn on Rule Flecks
7) Start painting on the frame you are with a somewhat big sized fleck using the Up directional input on the D Pad.
8) Move on to the next frame/add a frame and paint in the same place as you did in the frame prior.
9) Repeat the process for 20 maybe 30 frames. Using a thicker fleck as I said in step 7 should make it so that this "floating" bug occurs faster I believe, but the size of the fleck doesn't matter as I experience it sooner or later regardless of the size.
Regarding the blinking, I don't know what causes it. One other user in the link provided believes that it might be due to using too much paint, but who knows.