Dreams Bugs 🐜

With such a huge suite of creative tools, you may encounter occasional bugs in Dreams. It’s really helpful for us to hear about them! If you discover an issue in Dreams, please check to see if anyone else has reported the issue before and if someone has, comment on it with your experiences. If not, post a new bug report here!

Here’s some top tips to help us track down your bug as quickly as possible:

• Give us a brief, clear summary of the bug. If necessary let us know what you think should be happening that isn’t.
• Let us know the exact steps we need to follow to recreate your bug. For example -
“Load game > go to create mode > search for banana > stamp “super cool banana” > the banana didn’t load!"
• If possible it really helps if you can include a screenshot or video of the problem.
• Let us know the release version of the game – you can find this by having the Dreams icon highlighted on the Playstation homescreen, pressing “options” and then “information”. The bit we want is the Version number!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Trying to get past the tutorial

When trying to complete the tutorial section I am asked to copy a block 3 times in order to reach the prize. I do so but I cannot get the third block to line up correctly. I have been trying for ages. The block beeps and I leave it in that position and can easily reach the prize, but it the prize stays white and I cannot collect it. I am becoming extremely frustrated at this! Make the prizes collectable if you can reach them, even if the blocks aren't in exactly the correct place.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Tutorials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello frogmeister,

I think this may have been answered already, looks like there was a post in feedback and in bugs.

It sounds like your solved the problem with the clone homespace imp quest.

Currently the prize will remain white until all the user has cloned the pink block twice and then place each of these clone inside the dotted lines. Once the blocks are arranged correctly the prize box should become coloured.

Please get in touch if your still having problems.

Thanks for the post.
    Mark M

2. Camera controls behaves weird after leaving a topdown camera

If you stamp a camera looking down, enter in it or play the scene, and when leaving trying to move the camera would behaves very weird, surely not as expected. Im using the motion control scheme
    Edit: added a video

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bugged  ·  1 comment  ·  Camera & Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Image zoomed in on old TV

Hi,

I have an old Panasonic Viera 720p TV (TH-42PV70F) from 2007 and the image is zoomed in all the time.
    This cuts off text and UI in a lot of creations (see attachment).

Unfortunatly there is no option on my tv to solve this issue and I had it before with other games.
    Most of the time it's not a big deal but it's annoying if a part of the UI gets cut off.

It seems that Dreams doesn't use the "Display Area Settings" in the "Sound And Screen" section of the PS4 settings.
    Would it be possible to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Emperor_Mordred,

I am sorry to hear that your having problems.

In Dreams we do try to make sure that any UI we create here does sit well within the screen edges.

Unfortunately in regards to the creations made by other users, its a bit more difficult to make sure that UI elements do fit on screen.

Its certainly worth raising in the feedback channel.

Thank you for raising this post.
    Mark M

4. Input and output nodes display Randomizer’s tooltip

Create a microchip and stamp a Node on each side. Ensure they are set as input and output nodes, then scope out of the microchip. Point the imp at the port on either side of the collapsed microchip. The tooltip will say the same tooltip text that ordinarily displays on a Randomizer chip’s input port: “Wire up the signal you want to send to a random output port.”

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bugged  ·  1 comment  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Arts Dream : Dialogue sometimes cuts short

Some of the dialogue cuts a little short so you don't hear the last word. This happened on numerous occasions throughout.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Normal version and Japasese version trophies bugged.

Hello, there is a glitch that if you have both copies (nomal and japanese copies of the game) you can't platinum twice the game. There are these 2 trophies that won't pop up twice, they are: Creative Thinker - Acient Temple Theme and Creative Thinker - Welcome Home Theme. As a Trophy hunter I would love to earn the platinum in both games versions, so please fix that, Thanks :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Signal manipulator missing bypass icons

The icons on the bypass buttons are often missing, showing an X instead of the actual icon and showing "Bypass" instead of a useful tooltip.

Seems to apply to all top-level (non-nested) values for fat wires. For example, a transform's scale is messed up but its position X is not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. My creation is completely deleted after making a collection poof my entire file gone

Please Help!!!!! I was uploading my dream into a collection called Oban Star Racers to a collection to send to a friend. It completely deleted my dream it is no where to be found. It is not in my creations! I checked archive and restore nothing! My creation Is completely gone after your update!!!!!! I tried making it in a collection and no where gone completely!!!!! Please get me back my creation called Whizzing Arrow.

Profile on dreams is JamieFlameHeart

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dreamiverse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Signal Generator never says minimum or maximum

"Min" and "max" are used in the setting names and tooltips. I feel like it should say "minimum" and "maximum" at least somewhere for people who aren't sure of the abbreviation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2.08: "Sun Shadow Scale vs Detail tweak." : No contextual help

[Patch 2.08] No contextual help with new "Sun Shadow Scale vs Detail tweak."
    (Sun & Sky gadget)

video here: https://twitter.com/iamRomOne/status/1245366777393152004?s=20

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Variable Modifier "get" doesn't respect player info input

As all the other modes respect it, it seems this may be a bug. It would be very useful for getting the value for that possessed puppet, for example.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gadgets & Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. collision stops working if you add too many objects or groups

after adding a hat to my characters the traditional way by grouping it I found the characters in my sumo wrestling game their heads no longer had collision working properly and the characters heads would just clip through each other.

I tried messing with all the settings and the only thing that work was deleting the hat. so then I tried putting a hat on their head using a text displayer and grouping a microchip to their head

after I did that once again the collision stopped working on their heads

I guess if you have more than 12 or…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Puppets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Wiring into the value slider's value cannot use the modulate wire blend mode

I think it's always been like this. But it's unclear why this would be by design so thought it was worth reporting it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Value slider becomes disabled while a wire is plugged in using overwrite

But when the wire is in "blend" mode, it does not look disabled. Unsure which way round it should go, but I would think they should be consistent at least.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mmキャラのアルティオを使った場合、ドアガジェットがうまく動作しない不具合

Mmキャラクターのアルティオを使用する。
    ドアのガジェットを使ってシーン1とシーン2を繋ぐ。
    シーン1 > シーン2 > シーン1
    と移動した場合、シーン1 のドアガジェットではなく、スタートにワープしてしまう。

CiaoPSN TestLevel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mm Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. a bug in your oun "Dream" that has apparently been a thing for a month! "According to the comments

It is a bug in your oun game that has apparently been a thing for a month! "According to the comments". The game is "Arts dream". Lvl is "the Meridian forest". The bug happens at the start where holding down R2 doesn't do anything.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Release Version Bug

I came across a bug where after saving a version of my scene element to private status, it wont let me place my scene element in a dream. It doesnt even show in my creations when i try to do this. Also im noticing that if i were to release this same scene element, the only options i have are public (remixable to everyone, private, and save to console) it doesnt give me the "playable" option. I dont want people to remix this as it is not intended to be remixable.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. DS4 is not able to cutout without a solid color, unlike the moves(Bug?)

I ran into this bug, along with another person when trying to replicate a video of a wood texture
    https://twitter.com/MartinNebelong/status/1241866018542280704?s=19
    It doesnt seem possible to recreate this with a DS4 since you cant cutout without a solid color. Please add in this feature or fix this if its a bug, PS Moves and DS4 possibilities within create mode should be equal imo

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Create Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Icon names on indreams

I've been revamping my icons guide over the past few days and noticed some possible issues/discrepencies with some of the names of the icons. I've left out issues with the <shortcut> names, as I'm guessing they are locked in.

So yeah, these are minor. But thought I'd point it out in case ;D

"Create aniamtion" typo

"Attached to objects" this icon refers to a feature that can only be attached to one object, not plural

<uimirror> and <uimetallicmirror> have the same title

Google-translating the icons page translates some icon codes, making them incorrect. You can add translate="no" to elements you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base