Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Dreams is jam-packed full of incredible tools to let your imagination run wild. There are many things to discover and learn. If you have a question about anything in Dreams, here’s the place to search for answers. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, then you’re in the right place to post your question.

1. Add pair of hands to MM VR Kit that allows both hands to grab/interact with items.

It would be super useful to have a pair of VR hands in the VR kit that allows for grabbing/interacting with both hands, instead of just one, which is severely limiting.

Many PSVR users are used to Job Simulator type interactions, where you can use both hands, and do things like open book, turn page, uncork, pull cord etc..

Having 1 hand unable to interact, severely reduces immersion factor when this is common in most VR games.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Track second Move controller

I want to create a string-puppet/stick-puppet concept with left- and right- Move tracking, such that I can control the body and head with the right Move and arms with the left Move.

I can use a Hand Tracker and place the puppet inside that to track the right Move, but how could I then track the left Move and position /orientate an object inside the right-hand grouping?

Alternatively, I can use a Controller tracker and its Movement tracking follows the right hand. Can I make it follow the left?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. How fix my rotators?

So I have a boat prop that's like one of those steam boats with the paddle wheels. I stamped a rotator on it so that the wheels would rotate on it's own. When I'm in the place where I originally made the object, it rotates fine, but when I stamp it into a scene the rotation is slightly off and it won't let me fix it. Is there any way I can fix this?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Storing compressed data in variables?

Sorry if it was answered before. Couldn't find it.

So, let's say, I want to store 4 numbers in one persistent variable (1234) then split them into separate numbers and use them to other things.

How can I do that? If I wire a variable to a splitter, there's many things but not number splitting.

Also, are there any good/known ways of compressing data in persistent variables? I would be grateful. Thanks!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Best way to manage listed assets

Is it true that asset creators or basically anyone publishing on the Dreamiverse is limited to 1 GB of ā€œListedā€ stuff? I needed to archive to free up local space in Dreams but surprisingly am forced to ā€œUnlistā€ stuff.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. How to make a moveable object smaller using a keyframe?

Hi dreamers!

I have been confused about scaling a moveable object using a keyframe.

I am trying to make a sphere smaller as it rolls along. To do this, I do the following:
    1. Use a rotation sensor to get the overall angular velocity;
    2. Put its output through a signal manipulator to clamp an angular velocity of 10m/s to an output of 1;
    3. Put this output into a timer set to "speed", so that the ball will get smaller quicker when it rolls faster;
    4. This output is then put into the keyframe, which is the scaled downā€¦

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Is there a way to use data from an ANT+ device (such as an exercise bike) as input in Dreams?

I'm curious if there's any way to take output from an ANT+ device and use it for control input in dreams? I think it would be very cool to be able to develop games that incorporate exercise machines as part of the input (but not the only controller)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. How do i get the camera to follow?

My character basically flies but when I double tap circle to stop flying he falls obviously but the camera just stays in the air and doesn't follow him. It says that the character is out of scene because it shows the out of scene icon. Does anyone know a solution?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. How can i make a gravitt based cart on a rail?

Hey, guys.
    Im pretty new to creating in dreams.
    So, i was inspired by "backyard rollercoaster" that operates without any engine what so ever.
    So as a POC, ive tool a beeg square shape, put a hole that runs through the shape, so a rail can pass through it.
    The issue is whenever i unpause time, the shape just goes through the rail upward and then falls to the side (both colidable)
    Is it something possible in dreams, or is it a limitation?
    Thanks!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. in-game guide

hello again I'm doing now a in-game guide level, where I tell the players how to do certain trophies, and most of it is text gadgets which I did that, but the part I'm struggling is the section where I tell the players, my weird way of organizing trophies, in the intro section.

But first, should this be in the feedback section?

Here is the section:

[5) My trophy guide is separated into three parts, Story-based trophies, Collection-based trophies, and Miscellaneous-based trophies. You need all three to Platinum this game, Story-based trophies are trophies you get always get throughout theā€¦

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. All Hallows Window/Door question.

I understand that the doors and windows must stay in the same position as well as have the same dimensions. I am just trying to figure out if I can change the model itself for the door/window frames. They will have the same dimensions and position, just a different sculpt. Any answers are appreciated!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Third Person/First Person Puppet

I cannot get Dreams to achieve my Dreams today. I want to make a puppet that is third person by default and has a first person switch. I have tried a number of different user variants in regards to a camera set up. There is some kind of conflict between rigging up the camera, and the third person default camera for puppets. Depending on what I do, I either cannot get the rig to behave and go left right up and down, or I cannot get the third person camera to like... shut off. The reason Iā€™m so bent aboutā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Grouped painting and object not rotating together

Two paintings have been grouped with one object
    I have a rotator on the object

When i rotate the group the painting occasionally rotates of the group

How can i stop this?

I am using the imp whilst grapped to rotate

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Timeline speed

Anyone know how to control the speed of a timeline that is connected to a controller sensor by the left stick. I used a signal manipulator and set it to smoothing only but its not giving me what I want. The signal slowly fades in then speed up then slow down again, thats not what I want. There are 2 keyframes on the timeline that causes a sculpture to move from left to right when the timeline is activated with the left stick. I want the sculpture to move from left to right with a constant and steady speed, notā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. Keyframes to move and rotate and object

I use keyframes on a timeline to move an object on the screen. But I want the object to rotate while it's moving. But it's not working!

What I tried is :I placed keyframes on a timeline, the first keyframe, I record the current position, the second keyframe, I move the object to another position. And the same with the rest of the keyframes, then I add a rotator together with keyframe 2 on the timeline, but it will not rotate. Is it really not possible to do that or is there something I do wrong?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. Smooth turning of 3rd person camera in VR

Made a little Jump'n Run level with the pre customized "Rowan"-bear-like character, and found no way to change the default snap 45Ā° turning into smooth turning in VR when in play mode, is this even possible?
    Would be nice to have this as option in VR-comfort settings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Is there a way to make a running total score, while not allowing cheating?

I realise I can use a persistent variable to track a 'total score', but does does not prevent someone from going back to a previous level in the dream and replaying it to add more to that value.

The only solution I can see is to have 30 variables (one for each level) and then the 'total' is just the sum of those variables, but I think I might just not have a total score at all because that's too much work for little gain.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. Sound playing at start of level glitch?

I have a dungeon with a skeleton warrior that screeches at you before attacking. However, the screeching sound plays immediately after you load into the dungeon even though the skeleton is knowhere near you. Any ideas why it's doing this. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. Attach projectile to target after hitting it

I have a target that is hanging on e.g. chain and is moveable. I shoot an arrow at it and upon collision it interacts with the target as expected, pushing it around. What I would like to do at this point is to stick the arrow the surface of the object that it hit.

The closest I could get was when I spawned a new static projectile upon collision inside the target. I could get the location of the collision from the collision detector but not the orientation. Any ideas how this could be achieved?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Piston connector won't stay on when object is moving

I made this drone that has a missile launcher on the back that goes up when it's ready to fire and down to reload. However, when the drone moves, the connector doesn't seem to move with the drone in the second image even tho I connected it to the main body of the drone. Is there a fix for this?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 161 162
  • Don't see your idea?

Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base