Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Dreams is jam-packed full of incredible tools to let your imagination run wild. There are many things to discover and learn. If you have a question about anything in Dreams, here’s the place to search for answers. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, then you’re in the right place to post your question.

1. Controllable Color Customizer

I'm working on an action RPG game where player can customize their character but I'm having trouble creating a mechanic to allow them to customize their colors. I plan on using three sliders, one that controls the hue cycle, a second for the tint amount, and a third for the brightness. Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Keep the same point of view between dreams

How would I go about making a point of view toggleable but also retained through scenes. I tried with a selector and exclusive gates but even if the variable is powered off by the exclusive gate when you come back into the dream both variables are automatically activated skipping over any exclusive gates. I'm trying to do first person/third person toggle. I tried exclusive gates and I tried a selector. I got it almost working but it seems that in order to maintain it through scenes I need variables that are powered on by default. But I cant have bothā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Hex color code

Hi!
    Is there a way to get the same color of something I see on internet? It should be possible to set the color code in Dreams. For example #FFFFFF = White

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Hit A Limit

Hi!

I know there's already a thread regarding this but I didn't want to piggy back.

While playing around with the Ancient Times assets I created an enemy using a puppet and the small rock, placing one and then cloning that one to cover the whole body. Probably amounts to around 40 rocks of varying sizes and orientations, but from what I understood the cost should be minimal because it's a cloned object.

If I place 2 of those enemies in a scene the frame rate drops and once I place 3 it tells me I have too many moveableā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. How do you make connectors stiff but moveable?

I am having a nightmare trying to make a poseable angle poise lamp.
    In assembly mode the bolt connector are perfect. I can grab the light and move it around exactly as I expected to. However in play mode it just collapses. I have tried tightening the bolts. That sort of works but in assembly play mode the joints stretch when you pull. . I have tried making the lamp head grabbable but it detaches and falls off.
    The joints seem to work if all the pieces are set to not move but the group of the lamp is setā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. In progress creations when early access ends

Does anybody know what happens to creations we're currently working on once early access ends? Is there a way to ensure they'll be carried over? I read work in progress creations with the beta had to be published as private to make sure they were carried over...is that the case with early access too?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. How Do I solve my animation problem?

I have been unable to animate any vertical movement. Horizontal for turning works fine. I've exhausted all ideas I can think of. And have been stuck for over a week. Here is a brief video describing what I am trying to do and what I have tried. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1mlsfUW_-c

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Can't add extra sculpt to an object possible bug?

I have created a Hover/Flying vehicle and wanted to add fleck's and moveable parts to it, but when scoping in with the new created flecks/objects after attaching they don't stay attached as usual, I have tried changing the physical properties of the new objects disabling collision, moveable etc... and they still won't stay attached.

The reason I think this could be a bug is because I didn't have this problem with other creations, like my F1 car and my recent Go-Kart.

I've tried everything and objects just wont stay attached any help would be great, thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Record audio with pc

Did they really block the trick to record audio using a pc? How am I supposed to have my sound effects now on the game? Anyone knows another trick? Thanks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. How do i play different endings without each ending playing?

Not sure if this is a bug or something I can fix. I've made a game with 3 levels. When you complete the third level I have different endings depending on how you completed it. Everything seems to work fine when testing if I start from the last level it will play the ending I intend for. But if I play from the very start of the game and complete the third level it plays the ending I aim for but then also plays the alternative endings after it.
    When I view the dream everything seems to be attached right.ā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Delete or Archive a creation

Where are those buttons in the new design?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. Instance variables

How can I set a variable as an instance variable of an object that gets emittedt?

I have an object with a chip, on there a variable A and I change the variable with logic.

This object I emit x amount of times. Now I would like the variable to be an instance variable and not a global variable.
    How can I go about this?

Basically what I want is different values on the objects.
    Right now, when I set the variable on one object then ALL emitted objects get the same value.

A setting like the multiplayer setting wouldā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add an option to invert y within a game

I keep seeing this in Dreams but I have not seen any tutorials explaining how this is done. I can wire the right stick into a signal manipulator to invert the signal but where do I wire the result to?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. PS4 Move video tutorials

I'd like to know wich video tutorials are intended for ps4 move controllers so far. I've found just the first one only (start dreaming). Will be there more, and in different languages if that come to pass?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Pause Menu System Optimization

I'm having some trouble with my pause menu logic. I want make my menu system response but every time I exit a sub-menu back to the main menu, the pause menu would close entirely. I fixed this by creating input delays with timer gadgets. Obviously, this doesn't accomplish my goal. So if anyone has any suggestions on how to optimize this without causing the issue I mentioned, I would greatly appreciate it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Glue emitted objects to a structure

How do I glue emitted objects to a structure in play mode?
    For example emitting an object to hit a structure and then have it "glue" and all move together. Any help appreciated, thanks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. Apply changes to an element from within a scene

I am running into the problem where I pull one of my characters into a scene. A lot of the character logic revolves around its surroundings so when I click "edit source", I'm only within the context of the character.

I no longer see enemies or other interactables from the scene, so testing the logic is an atrocious process.

I figured, a workaround would be to edit the clone and save as a new creation, however i can't delete the previous elements of the character because it wants to delete the main scene as well. Now I'm going to endā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. Record sound with cable

With the pc remote play trick to record sounds closed, I heard that there's another way to do it with the dualshock 4 and the pc or something like that. A cable trick maybe?

Can anyone who knows how to do it tell me please? I'll be very appreciate.
    (Sorry for my english)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Persistent variable limit, is it per scene or per dream?

If it's per scene, that would allow me to retire variables that are no longer relevant for the game, but still use the full 128 persistent variables if needed.

If it's per dream, then I guess I might have to get creative about how I store data.

Part of my interest is in building a small 3-slot save system for a game I'm working on, but that would triple / quadrouple the amount of variables needed, and I'm worrying about hitting the 128 limit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 141 142
  • Don't see your idea?

Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base