Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Dreams is jam-packed full of incredible tools to let your imagination run wild. There are many things to discover and learn. If you have a question about anything in Dreams, here’s the place to search for answers. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, then you’re in the right place to post your question.

1. How do I stop my motor bolts from twitching when I start time?

When I start time, my motor bolts quickly move to a different position, and then return. They are supposed to move only when a timeline activates them (like at the end of the attached video). The logic has no effect on this - even if no wires are attached to the bolts, this happens.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Sound recording now limited to only 15 seconds?

Have the changed the sound recording limit? It used to be around the 3minute mark when using the sound recorder gadget. I've just tried it now and it's only 15 seconds? Did they change it in an update? Or is there a new option where I can alter the recording limit that I'm just not finding?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Sound playing at start of level glitch?

I have a dungeon with a skeleton warrior that screeches at you before attacking. However, the screeching sound plays immediately after you load into the dungeon even though the skeleton is knowhere near you. Any ideas why it's doing this. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. All Hallows question

Hi, I know one can only submit one pumpkin and one house. But can I create another pumpkin or house and a friend of mine that has his own account and only plays, does not create. Can he submit it? Would it be a problem as it would be created by me? Or you guys take in to account the person that submitted the element, not the creator or designer?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Are character stop motion animations possible?

Hi. I don't know if this was brought up before. I couldn't find any similar questions around here.

I've seen MM post a video tutorial on making stop motion animation. The youtube link is here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF_uQuW3nwY
    However, their tutorial was about making a clay ball bounce. I really want to know if it's possible to do character stop motion animations like what you see in "Wallace and Gromit" or stop motion films by Laika Studios.

I'm doing a character that uses the "deluxe" puppet. So, I followed MM's stop motion video by using a timeline and not using any keyframeā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. How do I get comments page back on indreams.me when it keeps saying server error 500??

Is it because I have unicode comments on my page??I need feedback please

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Camera jumps Positions Between Timeline and Controller

So I'm creating a demolition derby style game which starts off with a camera timeline giving a quick couple of shots of the arena before zooming in on the players vehicle before the controller is activated. Once the timeline is finished, a destroyer destroys the cameras used in the timeline while a separate signal activates the player controller. The problem is for a very brief moment after the timeline ends the camera will shoot over to the center of the arena and then make its way back to the vehicle. This only seems to occur in the dream version (notā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Grouped painting and object not rotating together

Two paintings have been grouped with one object
    I have a rotator on the object

When i rotate the group the painting occasionally rotates of the group

How can i stop this?

I am using the imp whilst grapped to rotate

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. All Hallows Window/Door question.

I understand that the doors and windows must stay in the same position as well as have the same dimensions. I am just trying to figure out if I can change the model itself for the door/window frames. They will have the same dimensions and position, just a different sculpt. Any answers are appreciated!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Is there Drag Coefficient already built-in to the Dreams Engine? or do i have to create the calculation?

I want to create a realistic simulation driving game, and i want to know if i have to create a calculation of the drag on the cars, or if it's already taken into account by the engine

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. How can you make VR hands collide with environments?

I want to make it so that your hands in VR can touch and move objects like in Half-Life Alyx. It'd make it 100 times more immersive and would stop the players from moving their hands through the walls.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Third Person/First Person Puppet

I cannot get Dreams to achieve my Dreams today. I want to make a puppet that is third person by default and has a first person switch. I have tried a number of different user variants in regards to a camera set up. There is some kind of conflict between rigging up the camera, and the third person default camera for puppets. Depending on what I do, I either cannot get the rig to behave and go left right up and down, or I cannot get the third person camera to like... shut off. The reason Iā€™m so bent aboutā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Puppetā€™s lumberingness while running

I tried changing puppet lumberingness but when it runs it automatically sets the value back to its default. Is it because running is considered different from walking? If so, itā€™s strange that you canā€™t adjust MMā€™s auto running animation because running is such an important animation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Making an elliptical orbit

What would be the best way to make a planet orbit a star in an ellipse? It should move like clockwork without straying from its path, so that I don't have to worry about planets colliding or something. I tried using connectors (a motor bolt and a piston), but they glitched out like they tend to do (maybe making the objects not movable could fix it, but I didn't remember to check...) Has anyone found a good way to do this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Selection cycling AND initial default selection

For a user selection screen with several categories and options, I'm currently using selectors. I like the fact that i can directly attach controller output of the dpad to the next and previous selections and they will cycle around no mater which direction you go. However, now I need to set a preset selection from which the player starts (like a default selection). Is there a way you know of to do this?
    I've tried switching out the selector for a counter, which gives me the ability to set an initial default value but I've got to have additional logicā€¦

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Having two fixed walking/running speed level using the Puppet Interface?

Im trying to make a "90's" third person game so the intuitive rise of speed that depends on the angle of the stick is basically too advanced for the 90's.

Ive tried using the Value Slider and Calculator which works fine on animations, but not when plugged into the Puppet Interface. Same with the Signal Manipulator.

Once the wire/signal coming from the Controller Sensor went through one of those Gadgets, it seems to lose its full capabalities so when plugged into the Puppet Interface it only makes the Puppet walk forward when pushing the stick in any direction.

Ive triedā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Track second Move controller

I want to create a string-puppet/stick-puppet concept with left- and right- Move tracking, such that I can control the body and head with the right Move and arms with the left Move.

I can use a Hand Tracker and place the puppet inside that to track the right Move, but how could I then track the left Move and position /orientate an object inside the right-hand grouping?

Alternatively, I can use a Controller tracker and its Movement tracking follows the right hand. Can I make it follow the left?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. Up/Down reacting on the Advanced Rotator even though I set a Splitter?

Just trying to make my character rotate into the horizontal direction I push on the stick. I set up a splitter and have the X/Right and Left cable go into the Y-Axis of the Advanced Rotator. When I push the stick forward and backwards (up and down?) it still activates the rotation. Shouldnt it just be just the Left&Right since the input comes from that output on the splitter?.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. players keep hit like on a dream within a dream and not the main dream itself.

i have a game dream that contains a scene and another dream but people keep liking and putting comments on the second dream when its only a package of scenes.

how do i force the player to only be able to hit like and comment on the main game dream?

everyhing within the game dream is always invisible and unlisted.

its like if i have 10 scenes in 1 dream map people keep liking any of the scenes and commenting on them but not the game dream itself when i wanna force all likes and comments to one location beingā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. In VR, how to grab an object and, using a key on the DS4, make it rotate by 90 degre while your holding it in mid air ?

My aim is to manipulate objects in my game the way you do it in Dreams create mode, ie you grab it and at the same time you make it rotate on himself.
    My object is moveable and as soon as I grab it, key frames or teleport donā€™t work anymore. If I use the grabbed output of a grab gadget placed on the object to ensure that the object is no more moveable when grabbed, I can teleport it ... but when I release it I canā€™t give it an impulse with my hand to throw it away, forā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 161 162
  • Don't see your idea?

Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base