Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Dreams is jam-packed full of incredible tools to let your imagination run wild. There are many things to discover and learn. If you have a question about anything in Dreams, here’s the place to search for answers. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, then you’re in the right place to post your question.

1. Allow button mashing faster than 15 inputs per second

I'd like to create a "Test Your Might" style minigame, where players must mash a button REALLY fast to outpace a timer. Unfortunately, Dreams' clock speed caps the maximum mashing rate at ~15/sec (15 frames on, 15 frames off). Anything faster just outputs a constant signal.

If possible, I want Dreams to at least receive the real rate of button presses from the PS4 hardware. That data would fit nicely into a "mash speed" variable which updates 15 times per second.

What wizardry is required to accomplish such a feat?

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Having more troubles with connectors.

So, I've been having this problem for a little while, and haven't really gotten a solution to this yet.
    I made my own sculpts and have connected them together. They animate perfectly fine, but when I jump, the connectors slide out of place, and it gets worse with each jump.
    I'm tweaking a four legged puppet, and the specific part I'm having trouble with is with its tail.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. How to make unlockable skins?

So the way I currently have it set up is I have a selector that's connected to microchips that have the skins in them. You can cycle through the skins using triangle. I want to make it so that after you collect a certain amount of collectibles you can unlock the final skin, but I can't think of a way to make it so you can't access the microchip with the final skin in it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. how can i set an NPC to move from point A to point B in a dynamicly changing environment?

I have an idea for a game, but to achieve it, i need to figure a way to make an NPC move from point A to point B in the shortest distance possible at any point of time, while the player can (and will) place obstacles in the way.
    Any ideas?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Attached things to first person puppet are invisible

For some reason I'm having a problem with something that used to be simple. Basically I want to attach something to my first person puppet. I want it so that if I press say 'square' a hand will come into view and do an action. I've done this a few times simply enough by attaching a controller sensor to a timeline that powers on the hand which I've scoped onto my puppet.
    I don't know if things have changed since the update? but now when I try to attach anything to a puppet its invisible when in first person. Theā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Is it okay to use Dreams PS4 for Web Series?

I have a 2nd question and I want to ask your permission if it's okay to use Dreams PS4 as a tool for making a web series not only on the Dreams community but also Youtube?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. How do you make a slice of life and fighting game put together?

Excuse me I'm a member of Dreams PS4 and inDreams.me and is this where I could ask them about Dreams PS4 and what to do in case if we don't know?

If it is, I need to talk to the people and makers of Dreams and/or Mm about how to make these impossible projects.

Okay here's my 1st question; How do you make a Slice of Life and Fighting game put together?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Is is possible to create musical instrument from scratch?

I'm starting with music production, and I'd like to create my own instruments (like my own piano, drums set etc.) and not just using the ones created by Mm.

Is is possible to create musical instruments and sounds from scratch like you do on an FM synth?

Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Glitch effect on text gadget

Does anybody know if there's a way to use the grade and effects gadget just for text? I'm wanting a glitch effect for some text (say a billboard) without the glitch effecting the whole scene. Is there a way to do this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Can i use a small part of a sculpt as a shape

I want to know if its possible, since sculpting in dreams in a composition of elements in a sculpt, to use of those small elements and use it as an eraser for example. Since we are already able to copy such element.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. How to animate ash's arms?

I'm working with the Mm Ash model and when I animate his arms upwards to a certain height, during the playing animation they fall back down away from position, not all the way, but far enough that it is no longer in contact with objects I'm animating with.

The arms are perfectly fine during the editing animation however, which makes me think this is an in-built puppet animation that is interfering. Unless I have some settings wrong somewhere (I've made sure collide is off)

I've had a look at the in-built puppet logic and there is so much! I haveā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How can I make tier rewards?

Specifically what I want to do is make first, second, and third place rewards, so for example, first place is when you collect up to 8, or all 10 points, second place 5 to 7, and third is 2 to 4, and anything under that you won't get a reward. I've tried using a calculator, and an X/or gate, but it didn't work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. How can I move a character so that its y position is fixed but can move freely in x and z

I want to dynamically set the y position of my character while in a zone, while allowing the character to still move in the x and z axis. I know the y coordinate I want but there does not seem to be a way of translating that into the puppets position.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. Is there any way to make a two player game where both player have seperate screens? Sort of like starcraft or diablo?

Is there any way to make a two player game where both player have seperate screens? Sort of like starcraft or diablo? This is halting my progress. I would very much appreciate it if someone could solve this. Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Improve frame rate

Does anybody know how to minimize the graphics cost of a scene. The scene Iā€™m working on is having frame rate drops. The gameplay cost is at zero percent but the graphics cost goes over 100 percent even when there is nothing on screen. The frame rate drops even when the entire scene is hidden behind a single sculpt.
    I canā€™t figure out how to fix this problem Because it happens when all sculpts, paintings, raycast, lighting etc are out of view.

The only thing I can think of is the scene has a low frame rate because it isā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Imp removing

How can you remove the imp in between in scenes in a dream? He is removed from every scene. But shows for 5 seconds en between scenes in the dream.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enemy gives exp when destroyed

I followed a tutorial on YouTube to make the player gain xp but I have no idea how to get an enemy to drop xp when killed so the player can level up any help would be greatly appreciated I'm still a complete noob at this

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I have a question

Well I've been playing dreams but I was wondering can you reset a custom shape to it's default because my cubes don't reset in sculpting mode, they remain the same and they're crooked so the symmetry tool doesn't work on it properly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 155 156
  • Don't see your idea?

Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base