Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Dreams is jam-packed full of incredible tools to let your imagination run wild. There are many things to discover and learn. If you have a question about anything in Dreams, here’s the place to search for answers. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, then you’re in the right place to post your question.

1. how do you make a stage like Donkey Kong Country Mine Cart

How do you make a DKC Mine Cart type of level that the cart is on the track moves on its own but control it to jump to track to track

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. How to reduce or increase the turning speed while sliding with the new puppet?

Hey! How do you adjust the speed that the puppet turns while sliding? Like if you want to take really sharp turns the puppet needs to have an increased turning speed while sliding? :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. How does the new sliding puppet disable fall damage when sliding?

Hey! Normally when regular puppets are sliding downhill they will die and respawn when they reach the "fall height" as defined in the global settings, but the new puppet does not do this? The new puppet can slide an infinite amount and not die...

I've been searching the logic of the new puppet and I can't figure out how this is done? Help very much appreciated! :D

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. How do you turn off 6axis motion when using the grabcam?

My camera always ends up slightly tilted sideways after I use the grabcam, drives me nuts... Is there a way to disable the motion sensor when using the grabcam? I looked in the options but I can't find it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. DEBUG environment

I like to see a lot of debug information, I use sliders, number displayers and varouis other methods and then a switch to turn them on and off.

It would be brilliant to have the game turn these of for me when in play mode and back on when in the editor.

All we would need is another option in the general setting gadget to output output bolean for editor mode, really simple but super useful.

Unless there is another way of doing this I havent seen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Change the proportions of ready built elements while working on a scene

Want to for example cut a stone block in half or stretch a wall etc on just one axis

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Moving in 2d using d-pad

I'm trying to make my cube move in a 2d plane, and I managed to use the left stick in local space to do it, using the splitter. But now i'm trying to use the d-pad left and right, separately in local space, connecting them to the same mover as the left stick. The right button in the d-pad work just fine, but how can I make the left button send a negative sign to the mover to make it go the right direction? Sorry for any english error.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. how do you make your own trophies like the one in "Crash Bandicoot Paradoxology"?

hi, everyone, I just played "Crash Bandicoot Paradoxology", and saw a fake trophy pop called '2020 vision' and was wondering how they did it to implement the tech into my own games?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Maybe a possible bug with my scoreboard?

I have a scoreboard in my game, its wired with a timer and a score modifier. The post score is powered when a puppet is in a triggerzone and after 5 seconds a doorway gets powered. Thats what the scoreboard in game looks like. But when I privately publish both the dream and the scene online and complete it with a time it doesn't show the scoreboard on the front page. And when I put down a textbox at the end of the circuit instead of the "post score" it does show the text when the puppet enters the triggerzone.ā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. How make Inventory system?

I mean, how to choose a weapon, so that when I select a weapon or object, it appears normally in my hands, and when I select it again in the inventory, so that the weapon disappears ... Well, you understand ...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Making shop

Iā€™m making a shop and have a problem. The logic is: a variable modifier will GET gold amount.

IF I have correct amount gold then turn on microship that makes purchase and takes away the gold.

If NOT then turn on keyframe to make the option in shop menu red for a second.

Problem is: when I press buy, the purchase go through but since it instantly take away the gold this triggers the keyframe that only triggers when there is too little gold.

I canā€™t find a way of solving this. From ONE button press on the controller Iā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Force a button press

Im creating a game with the imp as the controller, so no puppets. I need a way to emulate a button press or force the game to think the player pressed circle. Is there logic for that?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How to move a puppet with a mover without it clipping through walls?

So, I have a puppet that's got a dodge ability. This ability uses a mover that needs about 60-70% strength to be able to move the puppet.

The problem: The puppet is sometimes able to get through walls no matter the walls' width by using this dodge.

How do you use a mover with enough strength to move the puppet without it sometimes clipping through walls?

Many thanks for help! :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. How to make a player show damage

Apologies for the basic query.

How do I make a character physically show they've been damaged. For example, how could I make a player smoke/show dark patches after they've walked over fire? Or show bruises after taking damage?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Align textbox with the grid?

I've got a circular textbox that needs to be aligned with the grid/centered on an object, but it doesn't seem to wanna get on the grid no matter what. Is there a way to do this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Moving between scenes

I would like to move a puppet between scenes. The reason it needs to be the same puppet is because it's a megaman style platformer meaning it be easier to shift the puppet around rather than remake it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change the Order of Scoreboards in my Dream

I have 4 scoreboards in a single dream. I understand that theyā€™re ordered alphabetically, but is there a way to change that? Iā€™d like the scoreboards to appear in a different order.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Move sound with platform

Hi dreamers hopefully someone can help but I'm a bit new to dreams so may not have realised that this could be an easy fix so I'll keep this as brief as poss. In a nutshell I have a moving platform on a timeline, I would like a sound to play when the platform moves so I put a sfx on the timeline to match the platforms animation. Problem is that the sfx starts to play at the correct time ( when the platform starts to move) but the sound doesn't move with the platform and therefore goes out ofā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. How do i can get acces in, without work as it get stuck in practice session nro :5 ???

I would finally want to get acces in DreamShape and create my self.Please tell me,how to get in DreamShape?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 142 143
  • Don't see your idea?

Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base