Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Dreams is jam-packed full of incredible tools to let your imagination run wild. There are many things to discover and learn. If you have a question about anything in Dreams, here’s the place to search for answers. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, then you’re in the right place to post your question.

1. How do i ... get my reallife back?

Dreams is awesome. Thank you Mm.

I will watch all the great tutorials... I like the multiple clone between the cloned and the first object the most until now.
    It's a great experience...

I will sharpen my senses ... to find bugs, search uncomfortable things... and will hit the like button a lot.

I wish Mm the greatest, biggest, delicious piece of cake that exists on this earth.
    Good job Mm. Well done.

I won't leave the dreamsverse for the next 8 hours... šŸ˜ŽšŸ¤Æ

132 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

24 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Creating a fully custom puppet

Hey all, I spent quite some time last night figuring out how to build a puppet completely from scratch with custom animation, and some of it's not very intuitive so I thought I'd share what I was able to discover.

If you want to do anything off the beaten path, like puppets with more or fewer than two legs, wheely robots, clay-mation characters (one sculpture per frame), etc but still want to take advantage of Mm's excellent character controller physics, you should consider starting from an empty puppet and using custom animations.

Follow along, and try entering play mode atā€¦

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. How Do I: move controllers mega thread

I know the tutorials for Move controllers aren't done yet, so I figured it would be nice to collaboratively put together all the essential Move controllers tidbits in one thread. If people contribute, I'll try to organize these into sections for easier reading.

So here's a start:

Basic Controls
    To open the edit menu, hold T on the left move controller.

Sculpting
    To switch into cut mode when sculpting, tap the top of the left controller to the base of the right controller.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

78 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. How do I Import Audio files from computer to make instruments?

I'd like to import my beats and drum loops into dreams to make instruments but i cannot seem to find a way to do that. Is that not part of the beta?

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. sculpting with dualshock almost impossible

having very hard time sculpting with dualshock. the navigation is very difficult. especially when you try to make a "stoke" motion.

you need to pan (left/right) and rotate (e.g. around an edge) the view at the same time while also keep the imp with motion sensor in the right spot on the screen. additionally you have to use the left stick to controll the "depth" of the imp inside the scene (e.g. to not carve out to much).

that seems like a lot of parameters to watch for and to control simultaniously. is there really no other way to makeā€¦

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. How do I change my character in Dreams Homespace

How do I change my character in Dreams Homespace

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Is there a way to tidy up your creations page?

What I mean by this is I have a loads of indervidual sculptures that are all part of the same groups. Such as a helmet, breastplate, backplane, pauldrons ECT. Currently I see them as a list I have to go through. Can I group them so I don't see the individual parts on my creations page? I created a collection but this just added to the growing list.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Reporting Creation Theft

Just so I'm clear... I'm totally cool with putting my stuff out there, and people remixing my creations into new things, or improving or adding features to my work.

However, it seems there are people who--while meaning to or not--use my creations and publish them as their own. I've looked hard for what they've done in their creation that is different to the original, but cannot see anything at all. I've looked in the description, but these tend to be empty. And I've left comments asking what they changed from the original, or what they added, and they do notā€¦

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. How do I attach a camera to the puppet so it follows the puppet?

I couldn't figure out how to attach them together so they move together. I grouped them, but the camera stayed in a static position. I wanted to try a few camera angles, such as first person and over the shoulder 3rd person.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. Changing all copies by only tweaking the original object?

Is there any way to change all clones properties just by changing the original object they were copied from? I saved my first sculpt as a creation, then copied multiple times, and then I went to edit source, but after changing it and going back to the level no clones have changed.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. How do I create custom walk and jump animations properly?

I've tried keyframing it but it causes the body parts on the puppet to get all jumbled up and stuck. It's really quite difficult. I am disabling the procedural animations. Is there a proper way to do this (it's mentioned in the menus)?

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. More grid issues.Ā  Aligning flat surfaces to the grid.

Not that my previous ones have been resolved, but I just forced myself to move on.

I'm trying to make a car.Ā  Just a simple rectangle with wheels.

I make the rectangle sculpt.Ā  Still can't get it to size match to the grid, but I digress.

I got the flat of the rectangle to match the grid...more by accident than anything I did.

So that part is done.

I try to make a second sculpt for the wheels......not happening.

I tried stretching (squishing) a cylinder to make a wheel.Ā  The flat part won't align to the grid.Ā  The game insistsā€¦

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Is there a plan for arrays?

I was working on a function that required an array of varribles that I build as I loop over data. Is there a plan for this? A input node greater than 8, a way to append to the data array etc. this would make it easier to do more with the functions for advanced usage.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. How do I make a controllable ball, marble madness style?

I'm struggling to get the combination of controller sensor, signal splitter, and advanced rotator working correctly.

I just want to make a ball which I can control with my left stick.

I have the controller sensor set to force possession. This seems to be the right start, but the camera follows the micro chip that is on the surface of the ball, so when it spins, the camera goes bonkers.

I also can't get the proper combination of controls. Figuring out which left stick output to use and when to use local space... it's making my head spin.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. How do I make icons show up in HUD?

There are multiple text display gadgets but no one seems to have an option to show pictures/stickers/icons.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. Import Audio?

I was importing audio just fine before now it says permission denied when i try to go to indreams.me/import/audio

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. How do I combine two sculpts?

I want to combine two sculpts into one so they can both be carved at the same time, and to improve the appearance of the place where they intersect. Is this possible?

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  18. Local variables or variable scoping

I needed to drive a timeline based animation at a variable speed based on the rotation using an imp of a wheel. I achieved this by using the angular velocity of the wheel as the operand for the + operator in a variable modifier. Then the variable value is wired to the playhead. That worked great but the variable is global so I couldn't then clone this contraption elsewhere in the scene.

So my question is, is there another way to do something like this, or might we get a way to scope variables in future? Bear in mind, aā€¦

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. How do I snap to the grid lines.

Setting up the grid: no problem.

My terminology stinks, so bear with me.

The "dots" are the corners of the grid, right? So how do I get objects to snap to grid lines instead of centering on the corners (dots)?

Lets just use cubes for simplicity sake. The dots should be on the 8 corners of the cube. But the grid centers the cube on the grid corners. That's not useful at all.

Also, how do I select the cube in sculpt then increase/decrease the cube to match the grid size? The size increments seem to have no relation toā€¦

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. How do I change mirror axis

I want to add wings to both sides of my plane but the mirror thinks I want wings in front of the cockpit instead haha.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 161 162
  • Don't see your idea?

Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base