Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Dreams is jam-packed full of incredible tools to let your imagination run wild. There are many things to discover and learn. If you have a question about anything in Dreams, here’s the place to search for answers. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, then you’re in the right place to post your question.

1. Recording sound with PScamera: sound too low?

I'm trying to record some voice using PScamera but the resulting record sounds so low. What I'm doing is to use a Text-to-Speech app in my tablet, speakers sound decently enough but when recording it sounds very low. I'm literally placing the tablet few centimeters away from mic so I don't know what can be. Maybe my mic is not working properly? Anyone is having this same issue? I tried using the headset mic but the result is the same, sound is very low.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. when uploading a level or something how do i see it online?

on LBP if you go to your planet any level there has been uploaded and saved even if its hidden/private
    so now where do i find the things i uploaded without having to search them up?
    how can i tell when a level or collection or whatever thats been uploaded is hidden?
    how do i update something thats been uploaded without having to reupload?
    why is any of this not clear did MM want to make it confusing? LBP was so simple.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Any tips on uploading to Youtube?

Iā€™m completely new to using Youtube, I recorded a video of my ā€œsacred geometryā€ dream using the share and uploaded to Youtube, but the quality is not as good as the original, do I need to convert to a different format first?

Any hints and tips for Youtube would be greatly appreciated :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Freeform recording not appearing on piano roll

Not sure if this is a bug or if there's something I'm missing, but I'd like to get notes on the piano roll. I recorded the notes freeform, and they're showing up on the slice mapper, but they're nowhere to be found on the piano roll, even though I've stretched it vertically as far as it will go and also quite a long way horizontally for good measure.

This is specifically with the Tiny Ocarina. I also tried with the Four Violins, and, out of a bunch of notes I recorded, two of them found their way to the pianoā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Prize Bubble set up>>>

I just want the Prize Bubble to work. I've used the basic setup in the guide. I've placed a model in the bubble and then play and nothing really happens. Would someone give me a full walk through to set this logic up correctly, to include if I am actually testing it correctly...
    much appreciated...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. My tags are not being detected by Look At Rotator

The min/max ranges are set correctly, the tag names are chosen from a list, everything is in order, but on the signals tab the 'target found' simply does not light up.

Other tags are working - I have a follower rig that correctly follows a tag on my model. This rig has two tags on either end that the model should turn toward when given input, these are the tags that aren't being detected.

Am I missing anything obvious in some other settings?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. my animated object wont turn on the spot....

i made a object that uses key frames to move around and animate but i cant make it turn to face the other direction...
    if i use a look at and tag it works but doesnt spin on the spot
    cant use a ball joint
    if i use a key frame to make it flip to face right it only half works with the other key frames on.
    if i use a rotator it doesnt work at all because the key frames wont let it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. What does using the PS4 Camera + Duel shock control mode do?

I'm trying to play Dream's laying on my back with the Gyro pointing towards the ceiling. Is there any way that is possible?

Picture attached

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Connectors not working correctly on import

I must be doing something wrong. I keep having instances where if I import a scult that has connectors the connectors are no longer there or are not working properly when importing them into a scene.

For instance I created a sink with movable faucets using a bolt. I imported it into a scene and when I hit play the faucet handles fall off.

Also I created a head with blinking eyeballs using a bolt and when I tried to import it onto the character body in another scene the eyelids went way beyond the limits.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. Preventing default pose from deforming

I have a model created from scratch just to test building everything from the get-go. It has a body, a head, and four legs.

I've slowly got it to the point where I can translate it around, and jump. However if there's too much jumping too fast, it slowly deforms the pose. The head and legs twist and eventually it falls apart.

I have an active keyframe of its default pose on all the time, and I also have a bump detector for the ground triggering a copy of the same keyframe, but none of this seems to have helped.

ā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. NDA was Lifted but I Can't stream?

I tried to stream today and for some reason it won't let me stream or share content with anyone for some reason?:/

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. How do i grab things?

I cant seem to find anything that i can make the character Grab a grabbable object in play mode. what button do i press to make the character grab an object so that i can activate a grab sensor?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. making a 2d game but how do i control the direction the puppet is facing?

my puppet faces left fine but how do i make it face right when it moves right without messing the animation up or without using the default puppets turning? cant a power source scale the direction on a rotator logic? e.g. power is 30 so make rotators angel 30 degrees?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Issue with the ScoreBoard

Without doing it on purpose I have deleted the Scoreboard on my level: "Toilet Simulator" How do I put it back? because I do not find how

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Horizontal Translation

How do you animate the horizontal translation of a puppet so that the puppet and its base will move? I was recommended to do this in my last comment, but I do not know what this is.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When using frame-by-frame animation in paint mode, menu is blocking the view

When I use the L1 + right on the dpad the drop-down paint menu comes up and gets in the way and I end up clicking on it by mistake.I also sometimes click on sculpts in the backround when trying to place a paint stroke with X.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. How do I: Keep an object like a Camera perfectly in place?

Let's say I want to use a Dreams as a personal area that I make my personal art in for things like commissions/games that involve images I can make using Dreams. I want to have a fixed point camera that I can keep available and in the same place forever (once I know where I want it to be and like it being there). So, is there a way to "permanently" fix an Anchor to a camera in space, or at least have a "Are you sure you want to move this object" prompt? I want it to be lockedā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. HDI fix a connector that changes position when I don't have "reposition connectors" selected?

Ok, so I've been working on a custom pupptet, but I've run into an issue with the connectors that connect the lower leg to the thigh (on both sides). When I select the lower leg and hit Triangle to make the connectors visible and repositionable, it snaps into the location I set it to originally (it's proper location/rotation), but as soon as I exit that menu or hit L1+Circle the lower leg twists all up (taking the rest of the leg below it with it) and will not move if I try to move/rotate it. Does anyone know what mightā€¦

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base