Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Dreams is jam-packed full of incredible tools to let your imagination run wild. There are many things to discover and learn. If you have a question about anything in Dreams, here’s the place to search for answers. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, then you’re in the right place to post your question.

1. How do i grab things?

I cant seem to find anything that i can make the character Grab a grabbable object in play mode. what button do i press to make the character grab an object so that i can activate a grab sensor?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. making a 2d game but how do i control the direction the puppet is facing?

my puppet faces left fine but how do i make it face right when it moves right without messing the animation up or without using the default puppets turning? cant a power source scale the direction on a rotator logic? e.g. power is 30 so make rotators angel 30 degrees?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Issue with the ScoreBoard

Without doing it on purpose I have deleted the Scoreboard on my level: "Toilet Simulator" How do I put it back? because I do not find how

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Horizontal Translation

How do you animate the horizontal translation of a puppet so that the puppet and its base will move? I was recommended to do this in my last comment, but I do not know what this is.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When using frame-by-frame animation in paint mode, menu is blocking the view

When I use the L1 + right on the dpad the drop-down paint menu comes up and gets in the way and I end up clicking on it by mistake.I also sometimes click on sculpts in the backround when trying to place a paint stroke with X.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. How do I: Keep an object like a Camera perfectly in place?

Let's say I want to use a Dreams as a personal area that I make my personal art in for things like commissions/games that involve images I can make using Dreams. I want to have a fixed point camera that I can keep available and in the same place forever (once I know where I want it to be and like it being there). So, is there a way to "permanently" fix an Anchor to a camera in space, or at least have a "Are you sure you want to move this object" prompt? I want it to be lockedā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. HDI fix a connector that changes position when I don't have "reposition connectors" selected?

Ok, so I've been working on a custom pupptet, but I've run into an issue with the connectors that connect the lower leg to the thigh (on both sides). When I select the lower leg and hit Triangle to make the connectors visible and repositionable, it snaps into the location I set it to originally (it's proper location/rotation), but as soon as I exit that menu or hit L1+Circle the lower leg twists all up (taking the rest of the leg below it with it) and will not move if I try to move/rotate it. Does anyone know what mightā€¦

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Is it possible to have a scoreboard that remembers a username regardless of whether they reset or not?

The reason I ask is that I've got an idea for a game but I only want the FIRST attempt to be registered on the score board. The least attempts + time. The scoreboard will reflect the least attempts and I've added a time just in case of people doing it in the same amount of attempts. Of course you'll still be able to try it again but you won't get on the score board.

Is this possible?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add elements to dummy

Ok so I am currently trying to make a movable character. So far I have made the head arms and torso. If I want to me these apart of a controllable character do I have to break them separately or can I just attach the whole sculpture when it's finished. Also can you hide the dummy?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Mass of object and movers/gravity

Does the mass of an object have an impact on how effective movers etc are? I have gravity turned off and I copied a microchip from one object to another (updating a model in a scene) and the new one seems to fall faster. I thought I'd tweaked the mass to produce an equivalent KG rating.

I have gravity turned off, and am simulating gravity with a mover constantly pushing down, and then I have a thrust pusher provding upward force.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Also what if I delete a project from my local

What if I delete from my local and want to pull it from online back to local how do ido that ??

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. How do I locally change the up-vector for e.g. rocket rotators?

Is it possible to change the currently active up-vector for the controller camera as well as other up-vector aware features like puppets or the rocket rotator?

It would be particularly cool if force movers could change the up-vector; then e.g. a spherical force zone would automatically produce up-vectors for planetoids.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Simple Positional Motor Question

So I have a motor connector connecting a block to a cylinder (think of them as a person with a bat). I want to hook up the left stick to move the motor left and right. The twist is that when I let go of the stick, I want the rotation to stop at whatever point it was currently at instead of resetting to it's neutral position.

For a rotator this is easy, just hook up the left stick X output to the rotation speed (where -100 rotates left, +100 rotates right, and 0 just stops all rotation). But theā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Health Logic Question for level I published "Fire Test"?

I'm trying to figure out the health logic between 3 different puppets. You can see them in the level i published called "Fire Test".

In the level the dragon shoots out fire, but only one of the puppets takes actual damage from the fire (the witch). The other puppet, an first person puppet, takes no damage.

I didn't make these puppets, but I've been tinkering around with them to try to get the first person puppet to also take fire damage, but I can't seem to get it to work.

Can someone take a look and see what I needā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Digital signals to "turn to face" on puppet interface?

Trying to activate a specific turn w/o the analogue sticks. Tried sending various digital values to it & can only achieve a specific rotation. Is there a way to capture an analogue signal to make this work?

Side request to MM:
    A speed option on this would be great, too.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. How do i rotate camera + object in cylinder?

Of someone can help me thzt would be great.

So i have a cylinder (tube) with a hole in it like a macaroni.

I'm placing a camera in the middle of the tube moving forward inside the tube. Now i would like to rotate the camera inside the tube on 1 axis only. Basically i wanna rotate the camera with L1 and R1 so i can navigate upside down in the tube if needed. Does anyone know what kind of rotator i should use?
    This is the kinda of stuff i wanna do:
    https://image.winudf.com/v2/image/Y29tLnZrY29kZS5TcGFjZVR1YmVfc2NyZWVuc2hvdHNfN182MDk4NzU4ZA/screen-7.jpg?h=800&fakeurl=1&type=.jpg

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. will closed beta players roll onto the open beta players?

or do we need to sign up again to keep playing?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Is there a way to not L3 rewind to the last door I used?

Doors work/function fine, but if I'm working on a far off part of the scene and need to L3/rewind it teleports me back to the door. I have closer checkpoints, but it never drops me at the checkpoints. What's the simplest fix for this?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base