Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Dreams is jam-packed full of incredible tools to let your imagination run wild. There are many things to discover and learn. If you have a question about anything in Dreams, here’s the place to search for answers. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, then you’re in the right place to post your question.

1. How can I make a mover's affected object output affect...?

Is there any way to make the affected object output of a mover gadget affect all objects with a certain wireless reciever, tag or label?

Say I had 4 objects. There's a choice to spawn 1 out of those 4 but I need the mover to affect whichever one it is that is picked. An emitter will be used for each of the four according to which variable is picked. The other 3 will be destroyed.

Is the only way to do this to wire every one of them up. I am hoping there's some way to make a moverā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Use action/possession recorders on a possessed puppet?

Trying to make an opening cut scene for an area and i can't get action recorders or possession recorders to control my puppet while it's possessed but i want forced possession! I was wanting to have my character walk out of a building up a slope (with default camera) and THEN have the setup scene cameras preview the level! So atm i have control over my character until the cameras start! Any ideas of how to help me?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Using a mover and a rotator together with non-local L-stick

I can make a cube that can be moved around pretty much like I puppet. The cube moves wherever I point the stick at, relative to the camera. Make the cube rotate and the whole thing becomes a mess. It screws up the coordinates. For example, rotating the cube 180 degrees inverts the controls both on X and Y axis. Is it even possible to make this work without either making the cube a puppet or making the controls non-camera relative? I love Dreams but using rotators and movers together gives me a headache.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Aiming

Sorry for asking again. I didn't explain my question well last time:
    I want to my imp grabs the ball, aim somewhere, and release it. Something like the screenshot below, but I don't know how aiming.
    In a post, I saw someone used Force Applier with Advance Rotator for a cannon and thought that it could be used for the ball too, but it still didn't work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. How to detect non-movement properly?

I'm making a game where you stack freely moving physical objects on top of each other with your imp while trying to reach as much height as possible without it all collapsing. Player also has a free camera movement, so I've put together these 4 conditions for now that go to AND gate (to score and to prevent player from cheating) - 1) object is in the trigger zone 2) object is not being grabbed 3) object is touching something 4) object is not moving. Now while there is no problem with the first 3, the movement sensor acts strange.ā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The Follower logic and her limited hitbox

In LBP2 with the movement logic named "Follower" you totally could modify your hitbox. A very precise angle, for example, an angle of 45 derges. Of course in 2D. Except on Dreams, with the new "Follower" logic, you can't modify your hitbox in any way. Which is a shame cuze, with the trigger, that's possible. I looked for a little while but, impossible to find a solution. MediaMolecule, could you allow a modification as complete than "Trigger" logic to the "Follower" ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hex color code

Hi!
    Is there a way to get the same color of something I see on internet? It should be possible to set the color code in Dreams. For example #FFFFFF = White

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Animation Sit Up Resistance

Say you are making a character do a "sit up" by repeatedly pressing a button. How would you make the animation(timeline) fall back until you continue pressing the button again.. if this makes sense

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Everything

Been trying to attach a head to a body, then glasses to the face. Does not work. I can get the glasses to stay on the face but then the head won't connect to the body. Or I can get the head on the body, but the glasses won't stay on the face. Why? This game is advertised as easy but you almost need a college degree to figure it out. I've spent 5 FUCKIN HOURS!!!!! & haven't gotten past that. Help or refund please? This is bullshit

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Can't get scoreboard to show in Three different dreams

So it seems pretty straight forward but I'm lost now, there must be some kind of glitch.

I have three dreams (with scenes) and each one is completely different. One dream/level I created shortly after I got Dreams in March. Then the other was recently and I also created a test scene/dream with JUST scoring in it. I'm unable to see the scroboard icon, neither the settings. Even if you L1+square on a screne in a dream there are no score settings at all..

timer -> score modifier
    controller circle -> signal modifier -> post score signal wire
    controller circleā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. How do I cancel an animation?

I am making a combo system for my fighting game. I have it figured out on my main character and it works well, but I am having an issue with animating the enemy getting hit. I have created different hit animations and used variables to tell the enemy which animation to play.

The problem is, the enemy is still playing the first hit animation in the combo when the second hit animation starts up, resulting in a blend between the 2 animations. Is there any way to cancel the first animation when the second attack in the chain hits?

Iā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Tweaking force applier based on sculpture settings

I'm doing a grab and then push/pull. So far it's working great, however (yes there is a but), the force applier completely ignores any friction or gravity of the sculpture object, so I can push a giant block just as easily as a small block. I've even taken the strength down to 75% and then doubled the m/s speed, so now it takes a bit to startup but I can still push the blocks no matter how large they are.

Funny thing is that if I push a smaller block INTO a large block, the collision detects all the frictionā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. doorway activated output and its checkpoint keeps triggering when it shouldnt.

when i goto a scene in my creations list and in play mode the doorway activated power out keeps triggering when the doorway was never used.

doorways and their checkpoints should only activate in a dream map.
    the scene is in a dream map but im not playing it in there.

is it possible that once i activated the doorway from a dream map then it will always be activated outside of the map? i cant turn it off and when the puppet dies it spawns at the door and not at the default location.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How to delete creations i don't need anymore.

So I've been getting warnings saying that I have low storage space, or something like that, saying that I should delete some older creations.
    There's this group of creations that I made copies of, and I want to delete the copies, but I already used the originals in a previous creation, and it says that before I can delete the copies I need to delete the creation they appeared in.
    I want to open up more space without having to delete an entire past creation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. How can I move a character so that its y position is fixed but can move freely in x and z

I want to dynamically set the y position of my character while in a zone, while allowing the character to still move in the x and z axis. I know the y coordinate I want but there does not seem to be a way of translating that into the puppets position.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. Improve frame rate

Does anybody know how to minimize the graphics cost of a scene. The scene Iā€™m working on is having frame rate drops. The gameplay cost is at zero percent but the graphics cost goes over 100 percent even when there is nothing on screen. The frame rate drops even when the entire scene is hidden behind a single sculpt.
    I canā€™t figure out how to fix this problem Because it happens when all sculpts, paintings, raycast, lighting etc are out of view.

The only thing I can think of is the scene has a low frame rate because it isā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Imp removing

How can you remove the imp in between in scenes in a dream? He is removed from every scene. But shows for 5 seconds en between scenes in the dream.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Controllable Color Customizer

I'm working on an action RPG game where player can customize their character but I'm having trouble creating a mechanic to allow them to customize their colors. I plan on using three sliders, one that controls the hue cycle, a second for the tint amount, and a third for the brightness. Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. How to check impact of a painting

Hi there awesome Dreams community!

I'm trying to make a useable water cannon on top of a firetruck to put out some fires. For the water stream I used a animated painting and made it stuck to a sculpture. The sculpture is movable through a advanced rotator. That setup works fine.

Now I struggle with checking whether the water painting hit the fire. I tried impact sensors and trigger zones but that didn't work so far.

Do you have an idea how to do that?
    Thank you very much and have a nice weekend!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. How do I clone a straight line with even separation?

I'm trying to create the dotted line for a road, a create one segment, then clone it in a straigt line, add separation but it is uneven... can't figure out whats going on... I mean, it totally looks like there is a "position jitter" automatically applied... ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base