Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Dreams is jam-packed full of incredible tools to let your imagination run wild. There are many things to discover and learn. If you have a question about anything in Dreams, here’s the place to search for answers. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, then you’re in the right place to post your question.

1. DEBUG environment

I like to see a lot of debug information, I use sliders, number displayers and varouis other methods and then a switch to turn them on and off.

It would be brilliant to have the game turn these of for me when in play mode and back on when in the editor.

All we would need is another option in the general setting gadget to output output bolean for editor mode, really simple but super useful.

Unless there is another way of doing this I havent seen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. is it possible to detect when being touched by a laser?

I'd like a gadget to triggers when a laser touches it.

The laser can detect when it touches something, but that "something" doesn't know it's touched.

Object has the "detected" properties, when a zone trigger touches a specific scene object. But is there a similar sensor when touched by a laser?

it could be useful to activate events on the touched object.
    for example, animating specific pointed object, triggers keyframes, etc.

I'm trying to trigger a text gadget to display the enemy name I'm pointing at for a diablo-like game. when touched (looked at, not physical collision), it would triggerā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Uploading soundfiles from PC or Phone

Hi :)

My question is:

Is it possible to upload soundfiles from my PC or phone?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Attaching sensors and logic to text displayer

OK. So there's this system that I'm trying to do where, during an RPG battle, you have the opportunity to dodge incoming attacks during the enemy's turn (like in Undertale). I'm using a text displayer with a heart in it (though that last detail might change depending on what I want to do with the level) to represent the player. Now I've got the X and Y movement down, but I want the icon I'm using to be able to register damage when hit by enemy attacks. Thing is, there seems to be no discernable way to apply such logicā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Rotate object to a given angle

The game I'm working on is an old-school precision shooter type thing which requires objects to rotate to specific angles (in quick 90 degree steps in six axes), but it's proving incredibly difficult.

It would be great if there was a Rotate To rotator, which behaves like a standard rotator but has an angle you can set for it to rotate to, along with the option to have it work in local space.

I've tried using Angle Sensors, but they don't work accurately enough at high rotation speeds. I've also tried using Look At rotators and gyroscopes, but eveything I'veā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. How can I get my dream not moderated

Hi. First I would like to thank you guys for creating such a awesome game. I discovered dreams 5-6 month ago and have been building up my skills since then without releasing anything.

I spent months working on my first project and was so excited to release it yesterday.

You just moderate it out of dreams for mature content without a word of apology or telling me what I could change to make it ok for dreams.

This dream is playable only and have been done with passion, artistic motivations and a clear focus on not being perceived as "ā€¦

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. How do i ... get my reallife back?

Dreams is awesome. Thank you Mm.

I will watch all the great tutorials... I like the multiple clone between the cloned and the first object the most until now.
    It's a great experience...

I will sharpen my senses ... to find bugs, search uncomfortable things... and will hit the like button a lot.

I wish Mm the greatest, biggest, delicious piece of cake that exists on this earth.
    Good job Mm. Well done.

I won't leave the dreamsverse for the next 8 hours... šŸ˜ŽšŸ¤Æ

125 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. whats this ingame error about? first time i seen it before.

i was just in create mode testing stuff then all of a sudden i get this error popup and thought my game crashed, first time i seen it and it terrified me since i already had a corrupted local save in the past.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Gravity question

Hello guys, how do i make the puppet walk around a globe/sphere? Is there a way to create a center of gravity, like a tag or something? Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. any reports of Dreams save file getting corrupted?

because mine did when i try to play dreams the game freezes sometimes and fails to load any local space scenes.

im going to lose everything that i didnt save a private version online.
    i cant even copy the save onto a usb

i deleted my save and started over and my save is still being corrupted cant copy it to usb.

i hate life.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. What is the best way to record audio?

I know that after the release of Dreams the audio recording trick was closed, I was using it a lot to get the best recording but now I don't know what to do.

Does anyone know a better way to record audio? Like an excellent Playstation microphone or another trick to record audio?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Counter stops counting after one

I have 4 counters connected to another counter that has the target value of 4. All 4 counters reach their full value, yet the counter that receives their signal stops counting after 1. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening, or how to fix this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. import with usb instead of app

is there anyway to update the game to let us use the ports on the front of the system for importing? my ps4 doesnt take usbs of all kinds.
    Im a newbie

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How Do I: move controllers mega thread

I know the tutorials for Move controllers aren't done yet, so I figured it would be nice to collaboratively put together all the essential Move controllers tidbits in one thread. If people contribute, I'll try to organize these into sections for easier reading.

So here's a start:

Basic Controls
    To open the edit menu, hold T on the left move controller.

Sculpting
    To switch into cut mode when sculpting, tap the top of the left controller to the base of the right controller.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

78 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  15. How do I change the center of an object that I want to emit?

I am using a Laser scope to emit this arrow on the picture at the position the Ray cast hits and pointing away from the surface, The problem is that You can only see half of the arrow because the emitter wont let me chose what I want the center to be. How do i Change the center to the bottom instead of the actual center?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. how do i make this logic system?

i have a box that senses walls on X/Z if it senses a wall on -/+ X then it will tell another box not to follow the play for X directions same for Z but...

how do i separate the -X from +X in a follower? like turn off the followers -X so only +X will follow the player and -X does nothing?

i need this because if the player is near a wall that's on +x then that turns off the X of the follower completely and wont follower the player for -X when i want it to.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. How do I disable profanity filter? Does that option even exist?

I'm confused, does this option just not exist? Whenever I enter text that contains language, it turns into asterisks. Is there no option to disable this? not even on a user basis? If not, I don't think you guys should just ban edgy content all together. Parental/user controls are a thing, you can just utilize that instead of resorting to this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Leaderboards position

I have many leaderboards in same dream, i want choice the order of the leaderboard that appear for first.
    Seems now is not possible.
    For example i have a SCORE leaderboard and a TIME leaderboard, when i go in the button to see leaderboards i see always first the time leaderboard, i tryed all, removing first one, the second, but time is always in first place. How to change the order?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fire pulse every logic update? (E.g. continuously)

Does anyone know how I could fire a pulse every logic update?

For example I want to wire into a counter add port. I want my signal to be always on. But the counter only responds when it receives off then on. So does anyone know how I can force dreams to convert my continuous wire signal into a repeating pulse?

And also importantly, have it pulse every time the Dreams logic updates.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. Invert Advanced Rotator Y-axis

I am trying to rotate an object on itā€™s y-axis using the left stick right/left. I can get it to function properly by adding an advanced rotator, but the control is inverted.

I tried using a signal manipulator to invert the signal as it heads into the rotator (because this is how I inverted the up/down axis on the left sick, so it is reasonable to think this would work for the rotator just like the mover), but this sets the y-axis slider to something around 57 degrees per second instead, and the object auto-spins counterclockwise when the controls areā€¦

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base