Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Dreams is jam-packed full of incredible tools to let your imagination run wild. There are many things to discover and learn. If you have a question about anything in Dreams, here’s the place to search for answers. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, then you’re in the right place to post your question.

1. Performance effect fields on recorded audio

I want to add imp controlled effects (via performance area) to recorded audio. I record audio, drop it into a timeline, open the performance area, drop effect fields, and perform using imp. Sounds good. But I canā€™t seem to get the same when I record the performance. For now I ended up just putting the effect fields in the timeline. But that is more work and loses smoothness and variations that is hard to reproduce without the manual imp.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Slow power keyframe in timeline but keep changes on finished?

What is the best way to slow power a key frame in a timeline but when the timeline ends it remains powered? And then also later be able to easily reset it to start the whole thing over again. Currently I use a not gate toward the end of the timeline as the key frame in the timeline becomes fully powered. That not gate toggles the key frame at full power outside the timeline. And the it can be reset. I know there is keep changes option but to reset it not sure which better.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Why isn't there a tool for marking the centre of a sculpture and locking objects in place?

Why isn't there a tool for marking the centre of a sculpture and locking objects in place?
    Trying to simulate gravitational pull on another object, so needs to be precise.
    Frustrating as hell when you accidentally move an object and have to realign everything!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Are character stop motion animations possible?

Hi. I don't know if this was brought up before. I couldn't find any similar questions around here.

I've seen MM post a video tutorial on making stop motion animation. The youtube link is here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF_uQuW3nwY
    However, their tutorial was about making a clay ball bounce. I really want to know if it's possible to do character stop motion animations like what you see in "Wallace and Gromit" or stop motion films by Laika Studios.

I'm doing a character that uses the "deluxe" puppet. So, I followed MM's stop motion video by using a timeline and not using any keyframeā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Attached things to first person puppet are invisible

For some reason I'm having a problem with something that used to be simple. Basically I want to attach something to my first person puppet. I want it so that if I press say 'square' a hand will come into view and do an action. I've done this a few times simply enough by attaching a controller sensor to a timeline that powers on the hand which I've scoped onto my puppet.
    I don't know if things have changed since the update? but now when I try to attach anything to a puppet its invisible when in first person. Theā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  6. Pick up, Carry, Throw

I am rather new to dreams & not that good with advanced logic. I am trying to give my puppet the ability to pick up an object & carry it around. Then either set it back down or throw it. How could one go about doing this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Is it possible to create line of sight with trigger zones or laser scopes?

I only want the laser scope or the trigger zone to activate if there is no scenery in between the detected object and the object that is doing the detecting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Imp removing

How can you remove the imp in between in scenes in a dream? He is removed from every scene. But shows for 5 seconds en between scenes in the dream.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Stop emitted object moving?

How do we stop an already emitted object from moving? For example I want it to stop after a few seconds or if the emitted object detects a wireless signal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. Guiding the puppet's direction (cover system)

Is it possible to gently guide the puppet to walk, for example a straight line without totally preventing the player from walking to other directions? I'm not a huge fan of cover systems where the player gets sucked onto a wall and can't get released until pressing a button. The Last of Us, Tomb Raider and Metal Gear Solid 5 (for example) fixed this by letting the player get pulled against walls in a soft manner. The player can easily overcome the 'pulling' or 'gluing' force by pointing the analog stick away from the wall.

I've tried many methods likeā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  11. Corrupt save

I had a power cut today whilst working on something. Power finally came back on but when I booted up dreams it said corrupt save. My last only storage save was the 8th. I've done loads of work since then. My last local save is from 2pm today when I last booted it up. Basically it's not showing any of my local saved content now... Only what I have saved online. So I'm looking at losing a week's worth of work (which I reckon is easily over 20hours worth).. Which is sickening. Is there anything I can do to getā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Controls wont adjust when the camera change angle

Hi all.

I made a marble game. The camera is on a rig behind the marble. At a certain point i want to change the angle of the camera from behind the marble to its side. The controls however stay the same which makes things weird because up is forward. I want Left stick right to be forward when the angle changes.. I thought the controls would fix it self.. i have see tutorials where that happens but it seems the rig is what prevents it ? I could use triggers to change controls and cam settings but this seemsā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Is there Drag Coefficient already built-in to the Dreams Engine? or do i have to create the calculation?

I want to create a realistic simulation driving game, and i want to know if i have to create a calculation of the drag on the cars, or if it's already taken into account by the engine

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. Issues with possession and controls

So I'm having an issue with my vehicle possession. I have a twisted metal style combat arena with 6 AI vehicles and one player vehicle. The player's controller is set up to be force possessed. However, on occasion during combat and especially when I shut the player's microchip off and back on again for cut-scene purposes, the vehicle will act like it's possessed (the camera is fixed on the player's vehicle and everything in the microchip is on as usual) but it will not recognize any player inputs (none of the buttons work except for the control sticks to rotateā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I want to show some text at the hit position of a laser scope.

I have the position coordinates from the laser scope but I cannot work out how I can use them.
    I want to display a target on the object where it is touched by the laser.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Having two fixed walking/running speed level using the Puppet Interface?

Im trying to make a "90's" third person game so the intuitive rise of speed that depends on the angle of the stick is basically too advanced for the 90's.

Ive tried using the Value Slider and Calculator which works fine on animations, but not when plugged into the Puppet Interface. Same with the Signal Manipulator.

Once the wire/signal coming from the Controller Sensor went through one of those Gadgets, it seems to lose its full capabalities so when plugged into the Puppet Interface it only makes the Puppet walk forward when pushing the stick in any direction.

Ive triedā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Up/Down reacting on the Advanced Rotator even though I set a Splitter?

Just trying to make my character rotate into the horizontal direction I push on the stick. I set up a splitter and have the X/Right and Left cable go into the Y-Axis of the Advanced Rotator. When I push the stick forward and backwards (up and down?) it still activates the rotation. Shouldnt it just be just the Left&Right since the input comes from that output on the splitter?.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Pick a random activated tag

Hi!

I have 24 identically named tags, but not all are active at once. Is there a way I can get it to pick one of the active ones at random?

I felt like splitting the Number Detected field in a trigger zone would help, but that didn't give me anything I could use.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. Display art

I don't know how to phrase this very well. I painted a symbol that I want to display on the screen at all times. But I can't for the life of me find a gadget that will do that (I could only find one for text) and I also had no idea how to phrase the question to search it on the internet.

How do you display a symbol that you made using paint mode at all times on your screen?

Thanks in advance

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base