Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Dreams is jam-packed full of incredible tools to let your imagination run wild. There are many things to discover and learn. If you have a question about anything in Dreams, here’s the place to search for answers. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, then you’re in the right place to post your question.

1. Timeline problem when set to sustain

I made a reload keyframes on my character but I decided I want to add another weapon to it. So I set the timeline to sustain so that when I switch to a new weapon, the reload animation doesn't carry over to the other weapon.
    However when I set the timeline to sustain, it requires me to press the square button twice (for the reloading) to reload but I only want it to do it with one button press. What's weird is that I used the same logic on a previous project and it worked fine but on this oneā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. How access early access Mm prices?

Hi, I've had some Mm price bubbles/ items in early access that seem to have disappeared like that turquoise bean stalk kind of plant or the little cabin with the moon sticker on the door. Were those removed in the full version?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. How do I detect the number of emitted objects in a trigger zone

The trigger zone can detect a specific object, but if you make that object emitted it does not detect it. How would I go about detecting how many emitted objects are within a particular trigger zone?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. problem with linking scene

Hi,

When the player dies in the level, a doorway takes him to a game over scene. In this scene, there are 2 choices: retry or quit.

My problem is that I can't get back directly to level 1 by clicking on retry. how can I please? and how to reset the whole level at the same time?
    I tried with the global parameters gadget but I don't know how to configure it so that the level resets only on return.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. How do I remove the 'A remix of...' from my own, private, locally saved creation?

This is the second time it has happened to me. I create a new element from a base scene I am choregraphing a number of things, and now this new element is a remix of that scene. Except it's really not; the scene it's 'remixed' from is the -destination-, not the source. Is there a way I can tidy this up, and make this element its own thing with no history?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Reporting Creation Theft

Just so I'm clear... I'm totally cool with putting my stuff out there, and people remixing my creations into new things, or improving or adding features to my work.

However, it seems there are people who--while meaning to or not--use my creations and publish them as their own. I've looked hard for what they've done in their creation that is different to the original, but cannot see anything at all. I've looked in the description, but these tend to be empty. And I've left comments asking what they changed from the original, or what they added, and they do notā€¦

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. is there an add to favorite list option for elements?

what if i find something that another dreamer has made and i wanna favorite so its easier to find it when i do wanna use it in the current scene?

isnt there an favorite list for elements so while in create mode i can just look at the favorite list for that scene or look at the total favorites of everything i added to pick an element i wanna use.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. Reduce health with timer

How can i reduce health after the Timer reaches His target? The gameplay ist, that the Player needs to andere a Phone call in a time frame from 6 Seconds. If her ist tot late, He should loose 1 hitpoint. Thank you for your help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix the floating point problem where objects fall apart further I get for the centre of the world

Is it an issue with the scale of the object or just the distance from the centre.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Apply cloned object changes to all source objects in area?

Beginner question, once I cloned an object in my scene, then change it, how can I apply the changes to all the other origin objects in the scene? Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Underwater Effects?

Hi,

I'm trying to make realistic Water but I don't know how. I learned to make realistic Water surface but I don't know how to make underwater effects. It is dark under water and the light is getting weaker and weaker but I don't know how to do it. Do you know how to make that?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Moving in 2d using d-pad

I'm trying to make my cube move in a 2d plane, and I managed to use the left stick in local space to do it, using the splitter. But now i'm trying to use the d-pad left and right, separately in local space, connecting them to the same mover as the left stick. The right button in the d-pad work just fine, but how can I make the left button send a negative sign to the mover to make it go the right direction? Sorry for any english error.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Maybe a possible bug with my scoreboard?

I have a scoreboard in my game, its wired with a timer and a score modifier. The post score is powered when a puppet is in a triggerzone and after 5 seconds a doorway gets powered. Thats what the scoreboard in game looks like. But when I privately publish both the dream and the scene online and complete it with a time it doesn't show the scoreboard on the front page. And when I put down a textbox at the end of the circuit instead of the "post score" it does show the text when the puppet enters the triggerzone.ā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. How to make a player show damage

Apologies for the basic query.

How do I make a character physically show they've been damaged. For example, how could I make a player smoke/show dark patches after they've walked over fire? Or show bruises after taking damage?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. How do I add a Limb to a puppet?

I already have a puppet, and I tried to give it a third arm but it would just flail around. I have tried many things to get it to work including making sure nothing was colliding, making them unmovable, maxing out the sliders on the joints, and other things. However, the "shoulder" joint of the arm keeps breaking and at this point I don't know if it is a bug or I'm doing something wrong. This is the closest I have got to it working, and i show of the menus and problem in the video.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Align textbox with the grid?

I've got a circular textbox that needs to be aligned with the grid/centered on an object, but it doesn't seem to wanna get on the grid no matter what. Is there a way to do this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. How do i invert the y axis in first person dreams?

The camera options in My Preferences allows you to invert the Y axis, but this does not apply to any first person scenes/games... Maybe add this as an option, especially for those gamers in their thirties who have been using inverted Y axis since Goldeneye. Its a massive barrier to play for me currently, and I can't be the only one

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. How can I change something's size during play mode based on what happens?

I want to have a lightning bolt be the right size to always hit a wall. I have a laser scope gadget, but then what?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Puppet walking on a bit of air

After sculpting and slightly adjusting height and proportion of body parts, my deluxe puppet no longer collided with the ground when walking. Instead, there is a bit of space between the bottom of its feet and the ground which is not an issue with new deluxe puppets. I also noticed that the purplish puppet logic platform no longer is even with the bottom of its feet. Not sure how to fix without stretching and messing up all the sculpting work and animations.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Move sound with platform

Hi dreamers hopefully someone can help but I'm a bit new to dreams so may not have realised that this could be an easy fix so I'll keep this as brief as poss. In a nutshell I have a moving platform on a timeline, I would like a sound to play when the platform moves so I put a sfx on the timeline to match the platforms animation. Problem is that the sfx starts to play at the correct time ( when the platform starts to move) but the sound doesn't move with the platform and therefore goes out ofā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base