Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Dreams is jam-packed full of incredible tools to let your imagination run wild. There are many things to discover and learn. If you have a question about anything in Dreams, here’s the place to search for answers. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, then you’re in the right place to post your question.

1. Health modifier not modifying

I am all over the place today. Lol. First trivia now my other level.... I think there's something a matter with me when it comes to this game..... Ugh.

Annnnnywho:

I have a section in my level, inside a building, where when u enter a certain checkpoint area it sends a signal to start a timeline. This timeline makes lava raise up through the building and you gotta jump on platforms and things of the sort to eventually get to a platform above the lava then continue on through the level rest of the area.

I have all this inā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. How to remove credits for users whose creations do not appear in my Dream

Hi. Early on in creating my Dream I imported someone else's Dream for inspiration, but almost immediately deleted all sculpts and logic associated with that Dream. However, I've noticed that my Dream now credits a dozen or so creators associated with that imported Dream. This gives the impression that my Dream is actively using creations by those users, when it's in fact solely my own work.

Is there any way to remove the credits for these users? I wouldn't mind them being in the credits if it was made clear that it was for elements now deleted and no longerā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. what counts as copyright when making a game?

if someone made a mario game using mario thats copyright but if you dont use mario is that still copyright?

is using music from a mario game still copyright?

if someone makes a mario game but doesnt use mario as a character or music from a mario game and doesnt use any form of mario title but everything else is mario related does that count as copyright?

wheres the line here to make a game out of inspration from a nintendo game but to avoid copyright?

another example is i wanna make a Metroidvania game so if i dont useā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Preventing the head and neck of puppet from stretching when character is falling or jumping

I'm working on a character that jumps really high as part of his mechanics. When he reaches max height and begins to fall, the neck and head stretch away from the torso in a really obvious way.
    I would like to eliminate this effect entirely. I tried adjusting the connectors stiffness and spring was settings, and played around with ignore gravity on the head sculpts. Nothing seems to work, I just end up making it worse or creating other problems.
    I'm using the deluxe puppet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Non Physic Object

Hi!
    I have an object which I can move in four directions. Up, left, right and down. This object has no physic. Collider doesn't work on non physical objects. I tried to use laser scope or trigger. Both works very well, but.... not 100 %. It works left, right, up and down, but if I press left and down on the D-pad, the object go through the invisible wall.

Is there a way to solve this?

Why can't Media Molecule add a non physic collider?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. heat map vs analysis

If the heat map has red in it caused by a lot of paintings in the scene, but when doing an analysis it never goes over 20% should I be concerned, or is the analysis the bottom line in determining any rendering issues with graphics?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Painting with animation attach end to object troubles

I'm trying to essentially copy the effect made in this video.

https://youtu.be/uTYkwLhVFVw

At ~13:00 the beginning paint strokes are grouped with an object and then through the tweak menu the second object is selected to attach the end. I can get these attachments made easy enough, but only some of the frames in the painting animation are attached to the second object. I've done my best to scale and move the strokes so the ends match up, but not all of the frames will attach. The first time I did it it worked fine, but I wasn't happy with theā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Puppet possession

I am tinkering with a character element and for the life of me I cannot possess it to test my logic. I switch into playmode and my imp disappears. I am only able to circle the puppet with the camera. Also, whenever I save and re-upload my creation to continue editing, play mode is no longer an option. I can only view or edit my puppet. This is very frustrating. Someone please help and thanks in advance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. How to keep weapons/puppet appendages/items from sticking and dislodging when coming in contact with anything?

It seems like whenever anything collides the joints/towns just strong apart! I'm afraid to turn off collisions because how would anything work lol and despite label differences this still happens! Any tips?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Align emitted hitscan decals (Paintings) to a target surface [Laser Scope + Emitter]

Dreamiverse Element: https://indreams.me/element/oVBEXeUouMb

I have a basic turret set up to emit bullethole decals (paint flecks) at some dummy targets. So far, it sweeps a laser pointer back and forth, emitting decals on each target as expected. Decals do rotate in response to angled surfaces, but don't lay flat, regardless of orientation. Looks kinda neat, not what I need!

I can't figure out the obvious fix and it's driving me 100% bonkers. Please help.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Race results screen with positions and names

I am trying to create a results screen that pops up when the player finishes a race. It should show all the drivers' names. It's going to be part of a simple racing game logic template that anyone can use. I know how to detect the positions of all the racers who have finished (live position calculation is too much hassle, so that won't be included), but I don't exactly know how to make a list with them.

One solution I came up with would be disgustingly costly. The following is not for the faint of heart:
    Since to myā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Emitter projectile not damaging enemy

I've made a gun that emits a bullet. I've placed a health modifier on the bullet. The issue I'm having is when the emitter speed is too high, the health modifier doesn't detect the enemy, so just passes through.

The projectile does need to move fast due to the type of gun that is firing it. I would use hit scan with a fake bullet but I am also using a freeze time mechanic where you can freeze the bullet in mid air, then unfreeze it to make it continue moving, so it has to be the projectile that doesā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How do I make a placement system?

I have a minigame where 4 players compete and when players lose I would like to implement a placement system to determine who got what place. If possible I would also like to impliment ties for the placements in the design. Any ideas? Sorry if this has already been posted, I couldn't find it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Switching between two characters

So this is probably really easy, but for the life of me, I can't find the answer online and I am still new to Dreams.

I want to have two characters in my scene, that you can switch between by pressing a button. The other character will always follow the possessed character, including jumping from platform to platform.

So basically, the same mechanic as Frances and Foxy in "Art's dream".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Increasing sculpture detail

Is there any way to increase the sculpture detail of large sculptures? I'm building an aircraft carrier so main sculpture is huge but the graphics thermo is only at 6%. When I try to increase the detail nothing happens it just stays the same. Sometimes I have this problem with smaller sculptures too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. How can I destroy an object forever

How can I destroy an object forever? When I collect a coin, an item or what ever. It always respawn if I change scene and go back again. I know how to destroy it in a scene, but when I go to another scene, it reaper. This is driving me insane. I just want it to Stay destroyer forever when changing scenes.

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. How to make unlockable skins?

So the way I currently have it set up is I have a selector that's connected to microchips that have the skins in them. You can cycle through the skins using triangle. I want to make it so that after you collect a certain amount of collectibles you can unlock the final skin, but I can't think of a way to make it so you can't access the microchip with the final skin in it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. Attached things to first person puppet are invisible

For some reason I'm having a problem with something that used to be simple. Basically I want to attach something to my first person puppet. I want it so that if I press say 'square' a hand will come into view and do an action. I've done this a few times simply enough by attaching a controller sensor to a timeline that powers on the hand which I've scoped onto my puppet.
    I don't know if things have changed since the update? but now when I try to attach anything to a puppet its invisible when in first person. Theā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. attach props to character

I'm trying to attach props to my character in edit mode, but they fall off of the character when I go into play mode, I don't know what I'm doing wrong

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base