Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Dreams is jam-packed full of incredible tools to let your imagination run wild. There are many things to discover and learn. If you have a question about anything in Dreams, here’s the place to search for answers. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, then you’re in the right place to post your question.

1. Everything

Been trying to attach a head to a body, then glasses to the face. Does not work. I can get the glasses to stay on the face but then the head won't connect to the body. Or I can get the head on the body, but the glasses won't stay on the face. Why? This game is advertised as easy but you almost need a college degree to figure it out. I've spent 5 FUCKIN HOURS!!!!! & haven't gotten past that. Help or refund please? This is bullshit

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. Two fold question.

I have two questions:

1. Is there any reference guide to how much thermo is used by each gadget? I am just curious how much thermo say a dialogue gadget uses.

2. Is there a way to organize the My creations section of dreamshaping?
      I tried making a collection but they still stay outside the collection in the main "My Creations" area also. Is there any way to make them just be in a collection and not take up space in the the main area?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Energy blast from hands (fire, lightning, laser or whatever

How would I go about making an attack that shoots out lightning from the puppets hands that is able to damage enemies?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Making a Dream for VR and Non VR Players

I would like to make a dream that has a puppet to walk around in 3rd person mode and I can designate them certain actions and animations. However, when someone who is playing VR plays my dream, I would like them to be in first person and have hand controls and I would configure those separately.

Is this possible or do I have to create a remix of my world.. one for VR and one non VR. The problem with this concept is, the world is still a work in progress, so when Iā€™m adding more locations and logic, Iā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. My game is "VR Compatible", how do I know the player plays it in VR or not ? (I'd like to make adjustements depending on this info)

I know I can ask the player to change an option via the UI to let my logic know he is a VR player, but I'd prefer for my adjustments to be transparent for him or her.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Private creations

Can I share a private creation? As in its a private creation but if I send it to someone they can play it but not remix or anything. Or do I make it unlisted and not private?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. Adding to your puppet

I'm just bought dreams and I'm having trouble with this while making a character:

So, I'm trying to add a sculpture that someone else made to my own sculpture, but when I place it on my character it doesn't stick to it.

When I'm in edit mode I place the sculpture on my puppet, but when I go into play mode my puppet just isn't connected to the sculpture.

How can I connect that sculpture that someone else made to my puppet?

Thank you so much in advance!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create a button-controlled puppet from the open-mouth tutorial

I've followed the video on creating an opening and closing mouth. I want to turn this isn't a 'sock puppet' where I can move the head with the Move controller and open/close the mouth with a button. Following on from this thread to make a sock-pupet:

https://feedback.indreams.me/forums/917434-dreams-how-do-i/suggestions/39732100-create-a-puppet-object-that-can-be-controlled-di

I put a Controller Settings chip on the bottom jaw with Follow Imp and wire the button (L1) to the mouth open/close keyframes. When I take possession of the bottom-jaw in play mode, the button moves the top jaw but the top is completely misplaced inside the bottom jaw and opens/closes at theā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Animation Issues

I'm trying to make a puppet do a hadoken move but the head keeps flopping around after the wind-up. Is there any way to prevent this from happening during the animation?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. rumbler

Can I set the rumbler to just give one short thump of feedback? I want to be able to have the player feel one heavy object fall with a single thud.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Force stop all instrument note previews in Sound Mode

While playing around with a 3-minute audio clip in Sound Mode, I made the following very loud mistake:

I set Slice Playback to Once mode, Sound Type to Instrument, and played a triad.

It sounded ridiculous and peaked my earbuds, of course, but more importantly, Dreams would not halt this audio no matter what tweaks I applied (power off, volume 0, etc.) -- the horrendous chord even survived into the main menu and several other scenes, totally uninterrupted.

Before I post this as a bug, please let me know if Dreams already has a "force stop" command for audio. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. How to remove credits for users whose creations do not appear in my Dream

Hi. Early on in creating my Dream I imported someone else's Dream for inspiration, but almost immediately deleted all sculpts and logic associated with that Dream. However, I've noticed that my Dream now credits a dozen or so creators associated with that imported Dream. This gives the impression that my Dream is actively using creations by those users, when it's in fact solely my own work.

Is there any way to remove the credits for these users? I wouldn't mind them being in the credits if it was made clear that it was for elements now deleted and no longerā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. why does it feel like logic is broken in the game?

this might only be happening in old scenes before the full release but...

the hitbox of logic keeps acting up i put my imp on the logic and sometimes i cant grab or open its options and that i have to be on the near edge of the logic just to do so.

then when trying to grab a microchip board i keep grabbing anything thats behind the board and not the board itself.

all this is annoying since i have to do things differently just to adapt to this mess but it only seems to happen on old scenes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Is it possible to stop a timeline (at any point by the player) and play it backward from that point? Or the other way around?

I'm trying to create a garage door that goes up and comes down. The easy way of doing this would be two separate timelines, activated by some button in the scene, that disable the button while they're being played, so that each animation can just to completion before the next interrupts it.

But I want the more realistic way: which is you could interrupt the animation at any time and play the other animation going the other way from exactly that point, so there's no interruption.

It's easy to play in reverse by using a count up and a countā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Controller Camera Ease-in-Out

Iā€™ve created Zones in my levels where I want to change the controller camera settings like camera distance and camera height. I donā€™t want to use a camera pointer as you lose camera control.

So Iā€™ve done the rig to remotely send a signal even got the new value sent across. But when I plug those values into the camera distance input, it basically jumps to the value, causing a camera glitch. I added a signal manipulator to the trigger zone using ease in and out on the advanced tab - but that didnā€™t work as expected as it seemsā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Adding descriptions to custom ports?

Is it possible to add descriptions to nodes so you can add information to circuits input/output ports?

A name and a picture can only show a small amount of information, having the ability to add your own info when hovering over inputs and outputs would greatly help in explaining what a custom circuit does.

Most gadgets in Logic&Processing already have descriptions for their inputs and outputs, all i need is the ability to add my own for custom circuits.

For example the Timer has an output called "Timer Finished (Pulse)" and its description is "Outputs a pulse (a very briefā€¦

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. How to make a custom walking animation transition smoothly into a custom running animation?

... and then the running animation into a sprinting animation?

What I mean by that is the following (just an example):

Imagine my puppet is walking around with its custom walking animation, and while its left foot is coming from the front back to the middle, I start running, and the custom running animation starts with the left foot in the front too.

So instead bringing the step it's taking to an end, it moves unnaturally.

How do I prevent this from happening?

Thank you in advance!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sound recording now limited to only 15 seconds?

Have the changed the sound recording limit? It used to be around the 3minute mark when using the sound recorder gadget. I've just tried it now and it's only 15 seconds? Did they change it in an update? Or is there a new option where I can alter the recording limit that I'm just not finding?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sound playing at start of level glitch?

I have a dungeon with a skeleton warrior that screeches at you before attacking. However, the screeching sound plays immediately after you load into the dungeon even though the skeleton is knowhere near you. Any ideas why it's doing this. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Reset emitter amount

I am building a bingo type machine, attempting to use an emitter to emit coins on payout. My "Bet" variable is attached to the "max emitted at once" input or the "max emitted" input (either way, same results), set to continuous, this works once. When the logic runs through a second time the emitter does not react. I can't seem to figure out how to reset it, or why it doesn't work the way it is.

Side note: if it emits the variable at 1 the first time and then 3 the next time it will emit theā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base