Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Dreams is jam-packed full of incredible tools to let your imagination run wild. There are many things to discover and learn. If you have a question about anything in Dreams, here’s the place to search for answers. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, then you’re in the right place to post your question.

1. Glitch effect on text gadget

Does anybody know if there's a way to use the grade and effects gadget just for text? I'm wanting a glitch effect for some text (say a billboard) without the glitch effecting the whole scene. Is there a way to do this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. How to animate ash's arms?

I'm working with the Mm Ash model and when I animate his arms upwards to a certain height, during the playing animation they fall back down away from position, not all the way, but far enough that it is no longer in contact with objects I'm animating with.

The arms are perfectly fine during the editing animation however, which makes me think this is an in-built puppet animation that is interfering. Unless I have some settings wrong somewhere (I've made sure collide is off)

I've had a look at the in-built puppet logic and there is so much! I haveā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. How can I make tier rewards?

Specifically what I want to do is make first, second, and third place rewards, so for example, first place is when you collect up to 8, or all 10 points, second place 5 to 7, and third is 2 to 4, and anything under that you won't get a reward. I've tried using a calculator, and an X/or gate, but it didn't work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. How can I implement a dodge roll animation while running?

Hi, I have a dodge roll that is connected with the O button. It works fine. It is just while running the dodge roll animation doesn't look right and isn't smooth. The reason being is because of the dodge roll and run animation are occurring at the same time, so I am trying to disable the run animation every time I press O to dodge roll. I am trying to achieve a dodge roll similar to what is seen in Kingdom Hearts.

I would also like to do this with my attack animations which are hooked up to the squareā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Setting min and max values

I'm trying to set the glow of a sculpture to 53 to 70 and connect it to r2 to increase the brightness to 70 when I press it and then back down to 53 when I let go. I used signal manipulators and value sliders but nothing works. The glow value doesn't budge. It just stays at 53 when I press r2. Any help is really appreciated, thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The best way to make puppet not rotate while playing the animation?

So. I've lived with this for a long time, but now I'm wondering - is this a bug or a feature?
    The fact is that at the beginning of any animations, right after disabling the procedural animation using keyframe, if you quickly let go left stick while turn around, a puppet will continue to spin in place like a whirligig. Even if I set speed, acceleration, and puppet turn speed to 0.

Q: what is the best way to solve this problem?

I usually use a keyframe that disables puppet's mobility for one frame when the animation starts. But thisā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  7. How do I keep wings static (folded)

I've added these wings that I sculpted to the deluxe puppet. They're made up of three separate pieces are are bolted together and fold out. I've grouped them with the puppets chest so that they move when it moves.

I then edited every existing keyframe I could find to make sure that they stay folded when the puppet moves.

However, as you can see from the following video, as soon as I possess the puppet, the wings drop and move erratically when I run around.

https://youtu.be/vTJ89L6WIjo

How do I get them to stay in the folded position?

I also triedā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. how do I teleport my puppet without changing the orientation of the player camera?

Basically i need to teleport my puppet from point a to point b and i want not only the puppet (which it is) but the camera to point at the same direction. I used a camera pointer to fix this but i'm not quite happy with the result.
    p.s. It works only if I let go of the analog stick in which case camera re calibrates
    here's a link to the dream in case i'm not being to clear about the issue
    https://indreams.me/dream/mSzZwnJcmPA (just try to walk through the fog in either side)
    thanks everyone in advance and special thanksā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. the grid snap needs to be improved....

if i make a square with 1 default grid on then if i turn the grid off and move that square a bit then turn the grid on now that square isn't lined up to the grid if i then use align to grid it makes the square bigger instead of keeping the same size and just removing it back to the grid.

this is annoying and needs to be fixed but its probably not a bug right?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Reversing Tank Logic

Iā€™m making a tank. Rather than using an actual mechanism, Iā€™m making the illusion of this object moving like a tank. It moves forward and back with the triggers, turning with left stick local. It turns on the spot like a tank would and steers like a tank would when moving forward. However, in reverse the steering is wrong. When I reverse with L2 and steer right it should go back and right, but it goes back and left. How would i inverse the steering when reversing? Iā€™m trying to use the AND and NOT logic, but to no avail,ā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enemy gives exp when destroyed

I followed a tutorial on YouTube to make the player gain xp but I have no idea how to get an enemy to drop xp when killed so the player can level up any help would be greatly appreciated I'm still a complete noob at this

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  12. Keep the same point of view between dreams

How would I go about making a point of view toggleable but also retained through scenes. I tried with a selector and exclusive gates but even if the variable is powered off by the exclusive gate when you come back into the dream both variables are automatically activated skipping over any exclusive gates. I'm trying to do first person/third person toggle. I tried exclusive gates and I tried a selector. I got it almost working but it seems that in order to maintain it through scenes I need variables that are powered on by default. But I cant have bothā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Why is my puppet doing this when dying?

I made a death animation but my puppet does some weird sliding across the floor thing when he is dying. I have the no health output from the health manager running into a timeline with the death animation then the end trigger output from it running to the die input of controller. Then of course the is dead output is running to the respawn input.

https://youtu.be/qFnleq4XJFs

Also this is unrelated but I would like to know if anyone has any idea why the hair on this guy kept doing this. I scraped the idea and done the hair different butā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. Delete local saves after it published?

After publishing, I want to delete the local save of the published version of the creation (this is the case when the save icons under the version show that it is saved both on the network and locally).

But, when I try to do this in the usual way (like when I delete older versions before publishing) the "delete" button is missing.
    How do I delete a specific local save of a version that already published on the network in this case?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make a loading screen

How do I make a loading screen? Ive seen them in some creations theyre decent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. How do I make smooth unconventional shapes?

Iā€™m trying to make the sky cooper logo and iā€™m having a hard time with the curved pieces, is there any ways to achieve smooth shapes like these in dreams if so, how do I go about it. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. jump attack/ Dash attack

I am fairly new to dreams & not that good at logic. I was wondering if itā€™s possible to make a attack where you have to jump to use it example (press x then press square to use an exclusive mid air attack. The same applies to a dash attack where u have to running to preform that specific attack example(While walking/running press square to preform an exclusive dash attack)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. How to tag/hyperlink any creation (element/dream/collection) on Dreams

I want to throw this out there, since it is not clear on how to tag/link creations, specifically in comments or in your description bio, on Dreams.

For tagging players, all you need to do is input "@[username goes here]".

Example:
    @MmDreamQueen

This works on both Dreams and indreams.

For creations, which include elements, dreams, collections, you need to know its URL on indreams.me. You can acquire this by searching the creation on indreams, or by opening up the ceation on Dreams, selecting the mail icon (Send to...) in the top-right, then selecting "view on indreams.me".

Memorize, write down, orā€¦

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. DEBUG environment

I like to see a lot of debug information, I use sliders, number displayers and varouis other methods and then a switch to turn them on and off.

It would be brilliant to have the game turn these of for me when in play mode and back on when in the editor.

All we would need is another option in the general setting gadget to output output bolean for editor mode, really simple but super useful.

Unless there is another way of doing this I havent seen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base