Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Dreams is jam-packed full of incredible tools to let your imagination run wild. There are many things to discover and learn. If you have a question about anything in Dreams, here’s the place to search for answers. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, then you’re in the right place to post your question.

1. Only 1GB of creations allowed?

Is it possible to run out of room/storage if you create too many different dreams? Would really appreciate an answer.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. How do I Remap a Button on a Puppet

I'm trying to remix someone's Donkey Kong level, but I don't like how they have DK's roll mapped to the L1 button it's awkward. I want to change it to Square. I cannot figure out how to do this though. In the tutorials it says I need to press L1 and O over the puppet to bring up its brain so I can remap it, but when I do that, this is what I see.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUjYXsBX0AAOEfN?format=jpg&name=small

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. need help with a platform jumping game.

i have a wall that impactable to the player and i set the wall to be high enough so the player cant jump up to get on top.

but because the wall is bumpy to make it look like a 3D wall the player can still jump up on it even tho its too high just because the wall sorta has bits of edges for the player to climb up, how can i fix this?

i know i can make the wall visible only and have an invisible flat wall for the impact ability but that uses more graphics andā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. How do you make a charge attack

My idea is to have a charge attack like the one in sly cooper 3. Like sly coopers attack where you charge it with Triangle and press square to release the attack.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. How do I work out if something has stopped moving.

Hi,

Struggling with this at the moment, but how do I work out if an object has stopped moving and trigger an event when it stops.

Say I was throwing a ball or created a gun that fires balls and I want to know when the ball stops moving (ie. comes to a halt) in the scene after I have thrown it or fired it and then trigger an event (ie. move to next player etc)

I've been trying to work this out but just don't know where to start to be honest.

Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Working with non-local left stick

My game has a Metal Gear Solid 1-3 style wall hugging system. That is, pushing the back against the wall and walking sideways. My character has a laser scope pointing to his left and another one pointing right. For the system to work correctly at corners I need to disable the laser scope that's pointing to the opposite direction of strafing. I'd also like to make the character turn his head to whichever way he's moving.

All of this would be simple to do with local stick settings, but I have no idea how to do it with the 'world'ā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Should I provide an exit door on the 'end screen' of my game?

I've not released a game before, so I'm looking to do this right. Currently, when the player reaches the last screen and are told they have completed the game, it just stays on that screen until the player opens the menu and quits. UX-wise, I don't think this is unreasonable. But I am wondering if doing it this way has some negative impact elsewhere in the context of Dreams? e.g. missing out on a post-game screen.

TL;DR is it important that I have an exit out of the dream once the game is complete?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. How do i automatically reset a whole dream?

I've made a dream with 5 different scenes. I'd like the entire dream to automatically reset after finishing the last scene instead of the player having to hit reset progress next time they play the dream.
    Is this possible?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hit A Limit

Hi!

I know there's already a thread regarding this but I didn't want to piggy back.

While playing around with the Ancient Times assets I created an enemy using a puppet and the small rock, placing one and then cloning that one to cover the whole body. Probably amounts to around 40 rocks of varying sizes and orientations, but from what I understood the cost should be minimal because it's a cloned object.

If I place 2 of those enemies in a scene the frame rate drops and once I place 3 it tells me I have too many moveableā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. is it possible to use an and gate and the number of inputs on makes tht total number as an output?

like if i have 10 inputs into an and gate will it output power of 10?
    also if 5/10 inputs are on output power is 5?
    otherwise how can i do this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. How can I set the L2 trigger value?

Hey folks!

I'm in need of some help here...

I have keyframed the zoom of a camera and attached it to the L2 trigger. What I would like to be able to do is take the value of the pulled trigger and set it in place by pressing another button so that when the trigger is released the zoom stays where it is (20%, 50%, etc).

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

D

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Directional input on analogue stick plus button input

I'm making a fighting game and trying to implement directional button combos with the analogue stick but can't seem to get it to work. I've tried splitting the analogue stick into + and - but that doesn't seem to do the trick. I'm specifically trying to make forward + circle perform a different move than backwards + circle. Anyone have any ideas?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. How do you make connectors stiff but moveable?

I am having a nightmare trying to make a poseable angle poise lamp.
    In assembly mode the bolt connector are perfect. I can grab the light and move it around exactly as I expected to. However in play mode it just collapses. I have tried tightening the bolts. That sort of works but in assembly play mode the joints stretch when you pull. . I have tried making the lamp head grabbable but it detaches and falls off.
    The joints seem to work if all the pieces are set to not move but the group of the lamp is setā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. how do i make a complex enemy ai

i mean by that i want the enemy to detect you but then move left or right, even sometime step back instead of just following you and attack you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. In progress creations when early access ends

Does anybody know what happens to creations we're currently working on once early access ends? Is there a way to ensure they'll be carried over? I read work in progress creations with the beta had to be published as private to make sure they were carried over...is that the case with early access too?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  16. How Do I solve my animation problem?

I have been unable to animate any vertical movement. Horizontal for turning works fine. I've exhausted all ideas I can think of. And have been stuck for over a week. Here is a brief video describing what I am trying to do and what I have tried. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1mlsfUW_-c

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  17. How do I make a first person character with the limbs visible?

I'm using a deluxe puppet from the Gameplay Gear gadgets, and while my puppet is slightly modified with some sculpting modifications and things like hair, this isn't an issue with the puppet, because I tried doing this on the standard puppet as well.

I've followed the in-game video tutorial of making a first-person puppet, and in the 4 second clip at the end where it demonstrates walking around with that puppet, you can see his arm visible as he sways them while walking.

In some of the First Person games I've played from other creators, you can look down andā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. How do I create a headshot system

So I've got this enemy character that I actually uploaded to the dreamverse so if you want a reference for what I'm talking about you can look up Spotlight Demon.

Anyway, I have an enemy that has a spotlight for a head, and I want to shoot out the spotlight to kill it, but for some reason no matter what I try nothing seems to work correctly.

Okay, so I've set up my shooting mechanics by putting a scope on my character and outputting the hit orientation and transform to a combiner and then output that to an emitters transformā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  19. Why do some creation thumbnails have a blue asterisk

This is more of a simple question, than a "how do I" What does it mean when a creation has a blue star/asterisk on it? I notice that a few of my creations have this star when I am going through them in the "update" section of my collections. I have gone through every idea possible to try and find a difference between my creations that have one and those that do not, but I see no difference.

I feel like the answer is an obvious one, but I'm extremely curious to know why this is.

(When you are inā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Can I make a dream that you can only play once?

Can I make a dream that you can only play once?
    I find the concept super interesting, and have been looking for a way to impliment it for a bit now.

I've tried using logic to detect a previous highscore, and I've tried detecting whether or not a prize bubble has been collected, but I couldn't make either of those work.

It's probably impossible, but I'm just throwing the question out there in case someone's found a relevant glitch or obscure avenue to make it work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base