Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Dreams is jam-packed full of incredible tools to let your imagination run wild. There are many things to discover and learn. If you have a question about anything in Dreams, here’s the place to search for answers. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, then you’re in the right place to post your question.

1. Race Car Pick-Up Attachments (Emitter?)

I'm trying to create a racing game where you can pick up weapons to use on other players and I want attachments to appear on the vehicle when the pick-up is activated (eg. a laser beam or rocket engines). My problem is that I'm having trouble getting something to "stick" to the vehicle. If I use an emitter to show the engines when the speed boost is activated, either they fall off or interfere with the car. I tried making a continuous emitter with a 0 second interval but as soon as the car moves the emmitter can't keep upā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. AI choose the closest target

I would like to make a Hunter AI system that chooses the closest of five available targets.

So far, I've put a chip in each target with a laser scope and a transmitter that sends out the distance from the Hunter AI.

In the AI, I placed five receivers... and then wasn't sure where to go from there. I can use calculators to determine which value is lowest, but I don't know how to then refer back to whether that signal came from target 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5.

As I'm typing this, I'm realizing that maybe I couldā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Stopping (and resetting) a timeline

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I'm stumped.

I have a trigger zone that triggers a timeline I want to be able to stop the timeline midway with the press of a button, then have the timeline reset so it can be triggered again.

The timeline needs to be set to play once so it doesn't require power to be playing, so turning the power off to stop the sound doesn't work.

I basically need to stop and reset the timeline with a button press.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. How do i draw a fleck along a lazer pointer. Or how do i set its position to be the same as the lazer pointer?

How do i draw a fleck along a lazer scope? Or how do i set its position to be the same as the lazer scope?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Best way to manage moveset?

I'm trying to make a platformer where there's a lot of different movement options. To manage them I figured the exclusive gate would be best, but it's not as responsive as a direct connection. When you connect it to anything like the puppet jump, there's noticable delay. Is there a way to get the functionality of the exclusive gate without the delay?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Move object in depth (play mode (imp gameplay tutorial ball in tube))

Hello
    I'm doing the imp gameplay tutorial (i know it's funny beacuse I'm doing tutorial and question it on the internet) but i want to make puzzles with basketball and other moveble things.
    I'm don't know how to move object in depth in the play mode.
    I pressed / moving every button / stick but nothing happened I mean moving in depth!!
    Thanks for your help
    P.S.:Sorry for bad English

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Release Homespace

Whenever I try to release my homespace, it gives me the error:

ā€œAuthor should always use a valid online ID when publishing to serverā€

Only reason I can think of is that Iā€™m not using my primary PS4. Is it because of that?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Creating a fully custom puppet

Hey all, I spent quite some time last night figuring out how to build a puppet completely from scratch with custom animation, and some of it's not very intuitive so I thought I'd share what I was able to discover.

If you want to do anything off the beaten path, like puppets with more or fewer than two legs, wheely robots, clay-mation characters (one sculpture per frame), etc but still want to take advantage of Mm's excellent character controller physics, you should consider starting from an empty puppet and using custom animations.

Follow along, and try entering play mode atā€¦

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  9. Race car positioning system?

Me and my fellow Lovedis2 are working on a racing game named dream for speed. we managed to make cars fun to drive, a competitive AI with different names and behaviours, a good looking track that can be run in a loop and post the best lap on the scoreboard.
    But we want to go further and try to add a race option to the game with car names and positions. but unfortunately i am struggling for weeks now trying to accomplish this task ending with nothing accurate or nearly working.

So, here is my question:

Have you guys anyā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  10. How would i go about splitting left stick into forward, backwards, left and right all to trigger custom animations respectively?

I've made a lock on system similar to the soulsborne games but I now need to make animations for forward backward left and right. I'm not sure how I'd go about splitting the left stick so when you push left it triggers the left strafe animation, pushing right triggers the right and so on. Any help much appreciated. Struggling for days

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Apply checkpoint to non-puppet characters

The main controllable character in my game ("world's hardest game") is not a puppet. I want to have a checkpoint in the game that is activated upon reaching a certain point on the level but it doesn't seem to be working since I just respawn at the beginning of the level again however it did work in the early access.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Move two objects in separate directions after emiting them

I'm doing a Pang-like game, and I'm currently stuck. I have a big bubble bouncing around, and when I shoot it, it explodes, and two smaller bubbles come out, but I can's send them in separate directions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Roll away door

How do you make a rolling round door? Like a round tomb raider style door, that rolls open once a button is pressed or whatever. I have tried messing with the bolt and a few other things, but I can't seem to figure this out. I can make wheels all day long, but a stationary round door that rolls open once a puzzle is completed escapes me now...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Animation breakes after puppet part deletion and it's returning

Hi!

When I delete the puppet part and return it back with left arrow custom animation of this part is broken. Is there a way to return animation? Or when you add custom animation and occasionally delete puppet part you need to animate this part again?

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. How do i get a trigger zone to increase the counter

Hi, i am messing about trying to get a trigger zone detected signal to increase a counter but it is not woorking. I have a domed trigger zone with detected wired to increase count, trigger zone is set to detect block tagged as "Block" but when i move the block into the zone the count does not increase, i can see the block is being eetected though. What am i doing wrong? Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make a "press and hold button to..." input

I have a working volume control using d-pad up/down to a counter, then to the slider for the channel I am controlling. The volume is set to increment between 0 and 100.

unfortunately this makes the user press the corresponding d-pad button several times to get to the desired volume, so if they want to raise the volume 20 increments, they press the d-pad up button 20 times.

I have seen multiple players that have it setup so you just hold d-pad up to continuously raise the volume until it reaches max or the button is released.

I have lookedā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. How do I create a new sculpture without it being a remix of a scene

So I made a sculpture, but it turns out I was making it in a scene. Now that sculpture is saved as a remix of that scene, but I dont want the scene, just the sculpture and without it saying its a remix of a scene. How in the future can I just create a brand new original sculpture without it
    being attached to a scene in its geneology?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Negative value for min value on counter

How do I set the minimum value of a counter to negative, while having the max value positive. For example min: -3 max: 3. When the player moves back he can only go three spots (min: -3) when he goes forward he can only go three spots(max:3), but when he is all the way back and he moves forward he should be able to go 6 spots.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. problem for switching colors

I make a menu which allows to select a color to use in the scene. but when I select color 1 then color 2, color 1 does not turn off. how can i switch the use of colors please ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. How do I define the grab point of a group of objects for emitting using coordinates?

Hi, I am emitting an object in the same scene that isn't saved out as an element.
    It's actually a group of objects.
    Let's say a cube and a microchip that is not attached to the cube because I am using destroyers in the chip.

I have an emitter that receives coordinates like
    2,0,1 and so on.

Now unfortunately the grab point of the group is a bit random depending on how I created the group and objects.
    How can I define which point in the group is the grab point that will then end upā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base