Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Dreams is jam-packed full of incredible tools to let your imagination run wild. There are many things to discover and learn. If you have a question about anything in Dreams, here’s the place to search for answers. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, then you’re in the right place to post your question.

1. Reset emitter amount

I am building a bingo type machine, attempting to use an emitter to emit coins on payout. My "Bet" variable is attached to the "max emitted at once" input or the "max emitted" input (either way, same results), set to continuous, this works once. When the logic runs through a second time the emitter does not react. I can't seem to figure out how to reset it, or why it doesn't work the way it is.

Side note: if it emits the variable at 1 the first time and then 3 the next time it will emit theā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Weā€™ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  2. How can I make a mover's affected object output affect...?

Is there any way to make the affected object output of a mover gadget affect all objects with a certain wireless reciever, tag or label?

Say I had 4 objects. There's a choice to spawn 1 out of those 4 but I need the mover to affect whichever one it is that is picked. An emitter will be used for each of the four according to which variable is picked. The other 3 will be destroyed.

Is the only way to do this to wire every one of them up. I am hoping there's some way to make a moverā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  3. Use action/possession recorders on a possessed puppet?

Trying to make an opening cut scene for an area and i can't get action recorders or possession recorders to control my puppet while it's possessed but i want forced possession! I was wanting to have my character walk out of a building up a slope (with default camera) and THEN have the setup scene cameras preview the level! So atm i have control over my character until the cameras start! Any ideas of how to help me?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  4. Make camera pointer move the camera faster?

I took the idea of "use a camera pointer to get a top-down view," angled it 45 degrees down, attached it to a cube, and put a rotator on the cube with the player's local right stick x axis input into the rotator.

This basically gives me a fixed angle camera that follows the puppet and can be rotated by the player. But if the square is rotated too fast, the camera pointer can't keep up with it. So if you constantly rotate the cube at 180 degrees per second, the cube will lap the camera's rotation and the cameraā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  5. Using a mover and a rotator together with non-local L-stick

I can make a cube that can be moved around pretty much like I puppet. The cube moves wherever I point the stick at, relative to the camera. Make the cube rotate and the whole thing becomes a mess. It screws up the coordinates. For example, rotating the cube 180 degrees inverts the controls both on X and Y axis. Is it even possible to make this work without either making the cube a puppet or making the controls non-camera relative? I love Dreams but using rotators and movers together gives me a headache.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Aiming

Sorry for asking again. I didn't explain my question well last time:
    I want to my imp grabs the ball, aim somewhere, and release it. Something like the screenshot below, but I don't know how aiming.
    In a post, I saw someone used Force Applier with Advance Rotator for a cannon and thought that it could be used for the ball too, but it still didn't work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. All Hallows question

Hi, I know one can only submit one pumpkin and one house. But can I create another pumpkin or house and a friend of mine that has his own account and only plays, does not create. Can he submit it? Would it be a problem as it would be created by me? Or you guys take in to account the person that submitted the element, not the creator or designer?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  8. How to detect non-movement properly?

I'm making a game where you stack freely moving physical objects on top of each other with your imp while trying to reach as much height as possible without it all collapsing. Player also has a free camera movement, so I've put together these 4 conditions for now that go to AND gate (to score and to prevent player from cheating) - 1) object is in the trigger zone 2) object is not being grabbed 3) object is touching something 4) object is not moving. Now while there is no problem with the first 3, the movement sensor acts strange.ā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Cutscene character position

I have created a cut scene that is initiated by a trigger zone. I do not want the character to be movable during the cutscene so I turned off the possession controls during the cut scene. The problem I am having is that the possessable character doesnā€™t always enter the trigger zone from the same angle so sometimes the playable character blocks the camera. Is there a way to set my playable characterā€™s position once a cut scene starts?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Can Exclusive Gates stop certain animations?

I'm working on a character that can swim. I have floating down except for one thing, the jump keyframes are still active! I'm going to eventually make specific animations for this, but I need a way to keep certain animations out of the way!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The Follower logic and her limited hitbox

In LBP2 with the movement logic named "Follower" you totally could modify your hitbox. A very precise angle, for example, an angle of 45 derges. Of course in 2D. Except on Dreams, with the new "Follower" logic, you can't modify your hitbox in any way. Which is a shame cuze, with the trigger, that's possible. I looked for a little while but, impossible to find a solution. MediaMolecule, could you allow a modification as complete than "Trigger" logic to the "Follower" ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. How do I get comments page back on indreams.me when it keeps saying server error 500??

Is it because I have unicode comments on my page??I need feedback please

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  13. Hex color code

Hi!
    Is there a way to get the same color of something I see on internet? It should be possible to set the color code in Dreams. For example #FFFFFF = White

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  14. Animation Sit Up Resistance

Say you are making a character do a "sit up" by repeatedly pressing a button. How would you make the animation(timeline) fall back until you continue pressing the button again.. if this makes sense

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Can't get scoreboard to show in Three different dreams

So it seems pretty straight forward but I'm lost now, there must be some kind of glitch.

I have three dreams (with scenes) and each one is completely different. One dream/level I created shortly after I got Dreams in March. Then the other was recently and I also created a test scene/dream with JUST scoring in it. I'm unable to see the scroboard icon, neither the settings. Even if you L1+square on a screne in a dream there are no score settings at all..

timer -> score modifier
    controller circle -> signal modifier -> post score signal wire
    controller circleā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. How do I cancel an animation?

I am making a combo system for my fighting game. I have it figured out on my main character and it works well, but I am having an issue with animating the enemy getting hit. I have created different hit animations and used variables to tell the enemy which animation to play.

The problem is, the enemy is still playing the first hit animation in the combo when the second hit animation starts up, resulting in a blend between the 2 animations. Is there any way to cancel the first animation when the second attack in the chain hits?

Iā€¦

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Tweaking force applier based on sculpture settings

I'm doing a grab and then push/pull. So far it's working great, however (yes there is a but), the force applier completely ignores any friction or gravity of the sculpture object, so I can push a giant block just as easily as a small block. I've even taken the strength down to 75% and then doubled the m/s speed, so now it takes a bit to startup but I can still push the blocks no matter how large they are.

Funny thing is that if I push a smaller block INTO a large block, the collision detects all the frictionā€¦

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow button mashing faster than 15 inputs per second

I'd like to create a "Test Your Might" style minigame, where players must mash a button REALLY fast to outpace a timer. Unfortunately, Dreams' clock speed caps the maximum mashing rate at ~15/sec (15 frames on, 15 frames off). Anything faster just outputs a constant signal.

If possible, I want Dreams to at least receive the real rate of button presses from the PS4 hardware. That data would fit nicely into a "mash speed" variable which updates 15 times per second.

What wizardry is required to accomplish such a feat?

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Is there a way to keep a camera centered?

Iā€™m working on a climbing character, and want the camera to be perfectly centered, but whenever I reach the top, the camera doesnā€™t follow me. Not that Iā€™m going off screen, I would just like the camera to be more centered.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriateā€¦  ·  Admin →
  20. doorway activated output and its checkpoint keeps triggering when it shouldnt.

when i goto a scene in my creations list and in play mode the doorway activated power out keeps triggering when the doorway was never used.

doorways and their checkpoints should only activate in a dream map.
    the scene is in a dream map but im not playing it in there.

is it possible that once i activated the doorway from a dream map then it will always be activated outside of the map? i cant turn it off and when the puppet dies it spawns at the door and not at the default location.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinkingā€¦)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Dreams "How Do I?" šŸ¤”

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base