Early Access Backwards Compatibility Issues

This is for issues that you think have been caused by new code. Not for issues that were already occurring in early access

If you were not in early access it is very unlikely that the issue you are reporting is a Backwards compatibility issue.

Please also refer to https://docs.indreams.me/en/help/backwards-compatibility before reporting to see if your issue is already covered.

If your issue is covered but you are struggling to apply a fix do feel free to report and we will investigate your example.

It’s probably best to only report backwards compatibility issues with your own content.

Please clearly state the name of your dream (map) and the name of the dreamer that published it.

If occurring in a game or element and not a dream specify the name of the level.

Specify if the dream\game\element is currently published as Public or Private.

State how to reproduce the problem e.g:

• Load level ‘MyDream’
  • Once in play progress through the level
  • Go around the tee, lovely old tree.
  • When you see the checkpoint activates
  • Die and note the character was not loaded at the checkpoint

We are not sure how many issues we are going to get . IF we get a lot it will take time to get through them all. Please be patient.

We will do our best to investigate your issues and respond with a content fix for your situation.
  1. Sassiness Hip Movement Not Animating

Having some issues with puppets that originally had more hip movement along with the sassiness slider. Puppet is much more stiff and swaying more abruptly during procedural walks, and hip/lower torso no longer seems to "gyrate" properly.

I posted a short comparison on Twitter tonight including my original post showing Stacey Grapes and the walk I had made for her a month or so ago within that thread.

https://twitter.com/CanYouNAUT/status/1227399991666380803?s=19

The Stacey Grapes puppet is Private but should be available to be seen by Mm staff for debugging(?) Username: TheOneironaut

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bugged  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Puppet in default pose

I had used someone's puppet in a scene and posed it. (The scene is called "The Hatchling".) Now, without changing our updating the scene, the puppet is in default pose. Is there a way to restore the pose without recreating it manually?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Text gadgets disappear for a brief moment when transitioning from title screen, revealing a blank scene.

So I have a title screen with a black background where you just have to press x to continue to the next scene. In early access the transition was seamless from the title to the next scene, but in the full version there is a brief moment where the text gadgets stop showing, revealing a blank scene.
    Video: https://youtu.be/p44fWnz1bKg

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. An entire scene is gone

I just noticed this when I tried to edit my dream called From a Mountain: https://indreams.me/dream/mHpvFYPGCmQ

The scene named Main Menu appeared as an empty bubble. The thumbnail image wasn't showing anymore. (See image.)

So I searched for the scene among my creations. The result said there was no scene named Main Menu among my creations. (See image.)

The scene had been uploaded as playable in May or June 2019, so it should definitely appear in a search.

The odd thing is that when I played the dream, the Main Menu scene appeared as normal in play mode. I just…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. “Deluxe” puppet updates to “Basic” and looses running pose

I’ve seen this with some, but not all of my puppets from EA/Beta. Even though I’ve used the “Deluxe” puppet it show the “Basic” in genealogy and update mode. If I do update, the puppet no longer runs properly. I’ve found that after updating the “running pose” Keyframe is blank and no longer affects the puppet at all.
    Short video of the running changes (EA creation): https://youtu.be/3w548M7Im3A
    And creation link: https://indreams.me/element/onewprNxXsD

I think this is also affecting a few community creations, based on appearance of these puppets and contents of their chips I believe they were originally “Deluxe” puppets:
    https://indreams.me/element/oMeqemdAUKE

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. New requirement for balls of feet to stay over centre of pedestal creates problems for quadruped puppets.

In Early Access I created a quadruped puppet, "Boston Dynamics Spot (WIP)", by remixing the basic puppet. It's basically a puppet bent at the waist with a horizontal torso and hands touching the floor to make the arms look like the front legs.

I used the procedural walking animation with tweaks in the tweak menu to give the illusion of the arms walking as front legs.

The puppet's turning circle seems to be defined by which part of it is over the centre of the pedestal. On my quadruped puppet, this was initially the hips/feet. This meant it turned on…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Slight delay with audio trigger

Hey!

I've noticed in my Dream "Scratch Simulator" there's a very slight delay when playing the scratch samples using the D-pad. It's very minor but really noticeable in this Dream.

Any help is much appreciated!

-Neil

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Vehicle randomly glitches out for a single frame once in a while (possibly because of connector)

This isn't game-breaking but it can be distracting. In my two racing games Thin Air and Turbulence, the vehicle is a black triangle connected to a moving sculpt using a connector. I used this solution because it allowed the shape to "realistically" respond to the moving hovercraft using physics.

Now since the update there's a glitch where every once in a while (doesn't seem to have a direct cause because it doesn't always happen in the same spots) it seems like the black triangle stays in position for 1 frame while the camera moves forward, causing the shape to glitch…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bugged  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Imp now showing up during scene transitions

Imp is popping up during scene transitions which it didn’t before the full release and shouldn’t now because show imp is turned off in controller sensor and in global settings. The dream where it occurs is PT (1.02) and I haven’t figured out a way to fix it as it wasn’t showing up before.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. FPS arm animations/ joints(?) break when moving fast

This issue seems to affect all my FPS characters but can be found easiest in my Dream ''Cold Conundrum''. If you reload or use melee after getting the gun in the first level (Cold Conundrum: The Woods), the arms will get stuck in weird positions if you move at the same time. Especially if the slide move is used, which also increases your speed.

The arms on the puppet were completely seperate from the puppet and scoped into the head group. They are made up of non-moveable sculpts. In Cold Conundrum there is no keyframe to force the arms back…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Early Access Backwards Compatibility Issues

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base