Dreams VR Bugs

1. Prominent "Screen drift" in Dreams VR with solid camera setup (major issue)

There is a known issue/challenge with PSVR when using cinematic mode where some people experience 'drift', with their screen slowly moving further and further from center. This can be dealt with by frequently re-centering position, but of course is kind of annoying.

In Dreams VR I am experiencing this but much worse, because re-centering doesn't fix it.

It's the same kind of screen drift as you would get in cinematic mode (but this is happening in full VR Dreams), but there's no way to solve it. It would appear that Dreams assumes you always want to recenter to the center…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Sony Entertainment Network
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone!

Thankyou for your contributions to this case. Our team have found that it seems to be a hardware issue with the headset’s gyroscope, as it’s the gyroscope and not the camera that is the main reference point while in cinema mode. This is also why re-centering doesn’t fix the issue.

We are marking this as not a bug for now as we dont see a large amount of this occurring and can only put it down to faulty headsets.

Cheers,
    -DMCI

2. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Let Dreams Demo users have a taste of Dreams VR experience

Surprised that the latest Dreams Demo Update on 22/7/2020 to bring in PSVR features does not feature even a single taster of what VR gameplay is/can be in Dreams. Major shortcoming in my opinion. Allow one or a couple of VR experiences in the Demo version.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Dreams showing incorrect artwork

During VR gameplay many dreams but not all show the wrong artwork when you enter a dream before playing. The initial search result is correct it’s when you open a dream up it shows the artwork from a different dream.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bugged  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The can’t see camera icon is appearing a lot.

The can’t see camera icon is appearing a lot of the time even when the psvr is within perfect vision of the camera. I have seen this happening a lot on live streams so it’s not just me this is happening to. It’s very annoying and making gameplay unenjoyable. I am not new to VR so this isn’t due to inexperience and doesn’t happen with other games.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dark Mode to avoid eye strain!

I find it uncomfortable to stare at white menus while in edit mode. The only way for me to darken these menus at the moment is to edit the objects color within menu. A Dark Mode would make eye strain in edit mode less of an issue.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello NotreDamin!

This is feedback and not a bug. There is a feedback section to this site that we recommend posting this to. We do look through the feedback forums and we appreciate your input!

Cheers,
    -DMCI

7. Vr compatible bug

Some dreams say that they are vr only even tho it is vr compatible I even restarted the game and it still says it is vr only

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The VR video in the create screen describes dualshock controls, not motion controls, should offer both or detect which you are using.

When you go to create mode and the video plays for VR, it describes the dualshock controls, not the motion controller wand controls for creating/editing.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Dreamer!

Our videos do not auto detect what controller/control scheme you are currently using as they are all pre recorded. There are plenty of other VR tutorials on the Dreamiverse as well as the VR bootflow that does include the Moves as a primary controller.

Cheers,
    -DMCI

9. Please scale-up pop-up text size in VR, just like you do in non-VR, when you're editing & have zoomed-out

See screenshot.

If you're editing in non-VR, and have zoomed-out to work on your Scene, and decide to open a chip to work on logic...the pop-up text that tells you what gadget you're hovering over, is scaled-up, to be easily readable.

If you do the exact same thing in VR, the text is not scaled at all. So it's so small as to be un-readable. Sometimes so small, you can't even tell that any text has popped-up at all.

This problem is not solved even if you change the "UI Size" Preference under Dreamshaping

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. DualShock imp beam drifts more in VR than in non-VR

In situations where I'm holding the controller perfectly still, the imp beam will often drift rather quickly left and right. I have large hands, and it may relate to the light from the light bar being partially obstructed by, or reflecting off of, my index fingers extending past the triggers.

I sit about 210cm away from the PS camera, and I have reason to believe that the light bar recentering by the camera causes the controller to get out of alignment. This only happens when the camera can see the light bar, if I cover up the light bar the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey phort,

We’re sorry to hear you’re facing these technical difficulties, can you please confirm if the issue is still occurring, if so, may we please have a video of the issue?

Can you also please refer to the tips below:
    Check the VR camera orientation

Confirm your position through the Adjust PlayStation VR menu while holding down the PS button in-game

Ensure to turn the brightness of the DS4 lightbar to bright

Have a low light level area for VR use

Check for any reflective surfaces in the room that could cause the imp lasers to drift

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    RHR

11. Smooth turning of default 3rd person camera in VR with DS4 controller

I also already adressed this in the "How Do I"-Section, but found no solution for this:
    Disabling the comfort setting checkbox in VR options menu does not change the default 45 degrees snap turning of the rotating camera with right DS4-stick around the character when in play mode both in home space and when using the pre made puppets from MM-collection. It's not really a bug, more like a missing feature, so it would be very nice to have it as a comfort option in the VR-menu to enable/disable smooth rotation of 3rd person camera when in play mode.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fleck Culling

Flecks seem to be culled out a bit too early in the VR mode when they are scaled up. The pristine floor in Johns Beech's train game uses a giant fleck the technique doesn't seem to be feasible in VR.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Analysis mode in VR kicks me right back into play mode

So when I go to test out my scene in analysis mode I get immediately kicked back to play mode. Video here https://youtu.be/m7-uuuZRPkw

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi MCalchemist42,

Thank you for the feedback, however we can confirm this is not an issue.

In order to stop the Analysis disappearing, please ensure to rewind the level and then select the Analysis tool in order to bring up the UI and overview onscreen. This must always be done if time has passed in your level.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

RHR

14. Cant sign in

Was signed in yesterday when the power went out due to a storm. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and everytime I sign in I get stuck on the "in dreams" screen where it says to go to your browser to get started. I have restarted my router and everything and am still unable to play

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Valyrian-YT,

Thank you for the feedback, however we can confirm this is not an issue.

This is more of a hardware failure that we cannot do much about. This is an issue where the power is cut to the system, the save data has a chance of corrupting and can occur on any title.

I would recommend backing up your save file to the cloud every once in a while if you have PS+ or backing up your save to a USB or external hard drive by following these steps https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Manage-PS4-Saved-Data-on-USB-Storage?language=en_US

Apologies I couldn’t help with recovering your lost save data.

Joy – QA

15. Transitioning Out of VR mode while creating is Very uncomfortable (more create mode comfort options)

I say this as a 2 year VR vet, when I'm in a creation that's dropping frames, dreams will kick me out into cinema mode immediately. This transition is not comfortable, at all. Really gets me every time, and I've now started to just close my eyes when I know it's coming.

There needs to be a better warning/ transition buffer system for sure. I couldn't imagine how this would make a new VR player feel.

On that, I think a create mode comfort option should be on by default (even if you've disabled comfort mode). Or at least let…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Some tutorial videos and actual tutorials are inaccessible while using VR

For example, Kareem's masterclass. https://feedback.indreams.me/forums/917383-dreams-feedback/suggestions/41001106-learn-to-sculpt-the-bust-in-vr-with-kareem-please

This doesn't make any sense to me. Just using the video in normal edit mode can't cause probems for VR as it's not affecting the user's experience beyong a video existing in the scene. And playing a tutorial is just being in edit mode, just as you can be in non-tutorial edit mode with VR.

For this reason, my guess is this is a bug. Or at least a very strange design decision that is frustrating for people who want to learn Dreams and happen to be using VR.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. No easy way to switch between move controllers/dualshock without manually turning off devices

It is frustrating to not know what controls are optimzed for a particular creation, and there is no easy way to switch between the two control methods without manually turning them off in the Playstation devices menu.

There needs to be an easier way to switch between control methods because VR creations don't make it clear which one is the intended use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Dreamer!

I can see that you have noticed the issue isn’t a bug in the end but would like to clarify that the Moves should be out of sight of the camera when placing them down in order to use another controller and vice-versa.

Cheers,

-DMCI

18. Can't set VR compatibility

When I create a new scene without VR set and add a collaborator who uses VR, I still can not set the compatibility option. I am stuck with "not sure" or "non-vr."

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Exiting out of game sometimes makes Imp beam disappear

Sometimes when exiting out of a dream/creation, the Imp beam has disappeared and you just have to try to guage where you think it is.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. No Search in Edit mode.

When I'm in VR I'm not able to use the move controllers to type in search while in Edit Mode.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello NotreDamin!

Thanks for posting your issue.

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, could you please send in a video of your issue occurring so we can further investigate?

Cheers,

-DMCI

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Dreams VR Bugs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base